Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Post Op Trans Woman Got Super FAT

Started by Mary Smith, April 01, 2019, 05:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Smith

I don't know if this has happened other trans women. I started transitioning at 14 and at 18 I got the bottom surgery. At 18 I was only 140 lb at 6 feet tall. At 29 I 656 lb. This may sound stupid but I don't know how I let this happen to me.
  •  

Dani

There is an obesity epidemic in USA. Just because we are transgender, doesn't mean we are immune to all the other diseases that affect Americans. While 656 pounds is extreme, it is not unheard of. This has happened to others, regardless of their physical sex or gender status.

I am a 100+ pound loser and you can do this as well. Diet and exercise are how I lost the excess weight. Others have resorted to bariactic surgery.

Natural foods, especially fruit and vegetables are your best friend. It is really hard to overeat on vegetables.

Calorie dense fast food and processed foods are you worst enemy. There are a lot of hidden calories that many of us did not know were even there.

Comfort foods are just as bad. Are you eating because you are truly hungry or are you eating to relieve stress?

•  

LizK

Dear Mary Smith

Welcome to Susan's. I hope you enjoy your time here.

There are many reason people gain weight and I for one have had my own battle with being overweight. I think when we are emotionally stressed it is easy to reach for food or booze as a comfort and this is a surefire way to put on weight. I had to lose a larger amount for surgery which I did and it really just took the right motivation  and plenty of exercise.

So you are able to get the very best from being here there are a couple of links we give to all our new members

Regards

Liz

Things that you should read

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. You transitioned so young that you probably haven't spent much time on this site. As you spend more time here, you will discover that we have a sizable number of older transitions on the site. For the first time in their life the future looks bright and they discovered the years of depression caused them to gain excessive weight. For personal reason and surgical requirements, they start diets often targeting losses of 100 to 200 pounds.

Hopefully the site can help you reach a more desirable weight as well as answer any other questions you might have.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

JMJW

656 is a medical urgency, so if you haven't already, get assessed and a treatment plan in place. You are worth it, and worth fighting for.

•  

Rachel

Hello Mary,

Recognizing there is an issue is a first step. You may want to contact a hospital that works with bariatric patients. You may need a team of people to help you. It will start with counselling, a support group and medical supervision.

One thing I would caution is that there are no simple or quick solutions. I lost 160 plus pounds once and been up and down many times. I eat extremely healthy now and exercise 3 or 4 days a week. You may want to see if the medical team can support a Kito diet plan. It is awesome in lowering insulin.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •