Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Post-op progress

Started by Gamergirl, April 02, 2019, 05:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamergirl

It is a week short of 2 months post-op. So far, I am happy with the surgical results.  In just one week it increased from 140 to a 160 on average. This week also seem to be the most stable compared to prior weeks of recovery, but it is still easy to overdo it.. especially without hot tea/honey.

Here's to hoping it will increase to 180 or even 200 eventually :)
  •  

chinee

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Katie

Getting vocal surgery was the icing on the cake for me. It opened the door to living a totally integraged life in normal society.

I always thought my voice sounded good before surgery but if i recorded it and played it back I could tell. Now its all good!!!!!!!!!!

Katie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Gamergirl on April 02, 2019, 05:13:46 AM
It is a week short of 2 months post-op. So far, I am happy with the surgical results.  In just one week it increased from 140 to a 160 on average. This week also seem to be the most stable compared to prior weeks of recovery, but it is still easy to overdo it.. especially without hot tea/honey.

Here's to hoping it will increase to 180 or even 200 eventually :)

Congrats Gamergirl

I am about 9 weeks post op from VFS and my voice seems to be coming in. I have a consistent tone and pitch admittedly I don't have much stamina and my voice breaks down after a few minutes but I can at least get a few minutes at a consistent pitch and a relatively smooth voice. I see my voice therapist on Saturday and we will take some measurements then, to give me an idea of where my pitch is sitting. I hope your recover continues to go well.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Gamergirl

Quote from: chinee on April 02, 2019, 02:29:29 PM
you did VFS at yeson?

I had it with Dr. Haben in Rochester.  He was pretty friendly :)  There was only one major snow day during the week I was up there but it had me worried for my appointment.  Nothing came of it though

Quote from: Katie on April 03, 2019, 05:16:54 AM
Getting vocal surgery was the icing on the cake for me. It opened the door to living a totally integraged life in normal society.

Yeah !!   I always tried to just get by too.. Its hard to listen to old recordings lol. My voice landed on some of the lower frequencies on the analyzer before surgery. 

•  

Gamergirl

Quote from: LizK on April 03, 2019, 05:29:57 AM
Congrats Gamergirl

I am about 9 weeks post op from VFS and my voice seems to be coming in. I have a consistent tone and pitch admittedly I don't have much stamina and my voice breaks down after a few minutes but I can at least get a few minutes at a consistent pitch and a relatively smooth voice. I see my voice therapist on Saturday and we will take some measurements then, to give me an idea of where my pitch is sitting. I hope your recover continues to go well.

Yeah, I play D&D and I made the mistake of going without a little tea kit.  Big mistake, as it felt like I swallowed a tennis ball by the end and my voice was near to giving out.  I've been thinking of a voice therapist but wasn't sure which one to go with.  Is yours online, or local ?  I hope your healing goes well too.  Let us know how the anaysis goes !
  •  

Antonettgley97

Undergoing vocal surgery was the final touch for me. It paved the way for me to lead a fully integrated life in mainstream society.

I used to believe my voice sounded fine before the surgery, but upon recording and playback, I could discern imperfections. Now, everything sounds perfect!
  •  

LoriDee

@Antonettgley97

Hello Antonett,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

It looks like you are a new member here and this is your first post. Thank you for adding to the discussion.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

We would like to get to know you. Once you feel comfortable here, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself and tell us something about you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read

@Sarah B
@Northern Star Girl

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Sarah B

Hello Antonett

My name is Sarah B   and I would also like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

I see that Lori has welcome you to Susan's Place and she has given you information that will help you.

You mention that you had voice surgery and solved one of your problems in becoming who you want to be.  Since this is the first time that you have made a posting here it would be very much appreciated if you could tell us more about yourself in the Introductions Forum you can find the link in LoriDee's post.  I like hearing about the stories of other members and in doing so I also learn from them.

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter
@LoriDee
@Antonettgley97
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •