Hello from the N/east

Started by Gaydave, September 22, 2024, 05:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaydave

North east saying hello to anyone in the UK

Northern Star Girl

@Gaydave
Dear Dave:
Here on the Forum we have a lot of UK members.  I am certain that you will find each other as you continue to be involved here.

I am glad that you recently joined us.

Warmly,
Danielle [Northern Star Girl]

Quote from: Gaydave on September 22, 2024, 05:07:31 AMNorth east saying hello to anyone in the UK
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

❤️❤️❤️  Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.
  ❤️❤️❤️
             (Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the Hunted Prey : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: Alaskan Danielle's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single

Email:  --->  alaskandanielle@
                             yahoo.com
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Had questions about UK pubs and their ale and beer.

1). If you went in for a pint of ale, would you get it served cold or warm if you gave no instructions for temperature?  Or if they thought you were a Yank they would serve it cold?

2). Would the pint be 16 fluid ounces or would I get a larger Imperial pint, which may be closer to 20 ounces?

3). Would this cost about 4 pounds a pint or maybe 6 to 8?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

big kim

Welcome from  the Lancashire  coast
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Gaydave

Gaydave

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on September 22, 2024, 01:34:08 PMHad questions about UK pubs and their ale and beer.

1). If you went in for a pint of ale, would you get it served cold or warm if you gave no instructions for temperature?  Or if they thought you were a Yank they would serve it cold?

2). Would the pint be 16 fluid ounces or would I get a larger Imperial pint, which may be closer to 20 ounces?

Chrissy

Let's answer your questions
Think it is cold but mind you they do say it is cheaper to drink in then going out

2. It is in pints

3. Pounds but it is a lot more expensive than it was in the 90s

Sephirah

Where in the N.East, Dave? I am in the North... Middle-ish, close to Sheffield. You're only a couple of years younger than me and seem like a good person to know.

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on September 22, 2024, 01:34:08 PMHad questions about UK pubs and their ale and beer.

Chrissy

The first thing you have to understand about British beer is that, in general, it's a lot stronger than what you get over there in the US. I've spoken to people who come here on holiday, and end up under a table because they were not expecting the difference. I think because of the remnant of prohibition.

To answer your questions...

1... room temp. It's as cold as the temperature the barrels are stored at in the basement of whatever establishments you get it from. We don't do ice in beer. If you get a bottle, you can get it out of a chiller, but on tap, no, it's not cooled down.

2... it's an imperial pint. 568ml, or 20 Fl Oz.

3. Depends massively on where you go. It really does. Like Dave says, if you want to enjoy British beer and not bankrupt yourself, you're better off drinking in, with friends, than going out.
Natura nihil frustra facit.

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ~ Buddha.

If you're dealing with self esteem issues, maybe click here. There may be something you find useful. :)
Above all... remember: you are beautiful, you are valuable, and you have a shining spark of magnificence within you. Don't let anyone take that from you. Embrace who you are. <3
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ChrissyRyan

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Sephirah on September 23, 2024, 02:31:31 PMWhere in the N.East, Dave? I am in the North... Middle-ish, close to Sheffield. You're only a couple of years younger than me and seem like a good person to know.

The first thing you have to understand about British beer is that, in general, it's a lot stronger than what you get over there in the US. I've spoken to people who come here on holiday, and end up under a table because they were not expecting the difference. I think because of the remnant of prohibition.

To answer your questions...

1... room temp. It's as cold as the temperature the barrels are stored at in the basement of whatever establishments you get it from. We don't do ice in beer. If you get a bottle, you can get it out of a chiller, but on tap, no, it's not cooled down.

2... it's an imperial pint. 568ml, or 20 Fl Oz.

3. Depends massively on where you go. It really does. Like Dave says, if you want to enjoy British beer and not bankrupt yourself, you're better off drinking in, with friends, than going out.

Thank you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sephirah

Gaydave