Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jasline's Journey

Started by JaslineUK, January 24, 2019, 09:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaslineUK

A bit of a ramble, but wanted to, needed to, write things down. I could have used my diary, but that would be a bit boring   ;D

I've got my first counseling session arranged with GenderGP (https://gendergp.co.uk/) on  7 Feb and can hardly wait. I still haven't talked with my GP as not sure how/when to go about that. I know I will need to but also want to make sure I say the right things so the good old NHS doesn't simply build in unnecessary delays. I'm hoping the GenderGP counselor will give some advice on the best way to get things sorted with my GP.

For treatment I'm thinking of going initially on anti-androgens until my sex drive decreases and then move over to oestrogen. The reason for this is that my sex drive has gone nuts over the last couple of years and I do sometimes wonder if that is the cause for me wanting to transform. I don't actually believe that for a moment as my desire to be a woman has a significant non-sexual part which goes way way back to my youth. But I feel that it's best to be safe than sorry. And I am also still kind of in the closet, so some gentle feminisation from the anti-androgens might help me overcome some of my coming out fears. I say "kind of in the closet" as I am now wearing women's clothes all the time. Although the blouses/jeans when I'm out and at work could also be men's shirts/jeans. And I've worn heeled (cowboy style) boots for as long as I can remember. I don't wear my wig when out yet, but the women's scarves and varnished nails may be a bit of a give away to the more astute observer

Anyway, I'm hoping that once I've sorted out the who's and the what's that things will move reasonably quickly, as I so want to get started. If the NHS are too slow then I might start with private prescriptions through GenderGP services and then move over to NHS later, not that I know anything about the pros and cons of doing that.
  •  

davina61

I just went to my GP clinic and told a random doc (not been to GP for years, frequent flyer now!!) and he just referred me to GIC. Got taken over by another GP at the practise (she requested) and have a joint care with Gender GP. 2 years on still waiting for first GIC appointment (should be soon)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@JaslineUK
Dear Jasline:
It was great to see your report regarding your transition journey plans where you are so far in getting to your goals.

It is very nice to see that you have started your own personal thread that you can chronicle your life events as you continue on.   
I have always found that when experiencing all the good things and unfortunately experiencing the not-so-good things going on in my life, that writing it down and getting my feelings down on paper, or in this case via the Forums here on Susan's  ...   it can clear my mind so I can ponder my situation and perhaps come up with positive solutions and a fresh outlook... a reset of sorts.

I also keep a personal pen & paper journal, complete with colorful doodling and perhaps a snapshot picture on occasion.  Nothing better than taking some time to review my writings on a cold and rainy night sitting in front of my fireplace...   all of this is good personal therapy in my opinion and I know that others that are following my suggestion have found it most helpful.

As you feel comfortable doing please keep your thread up to date.   As you post good things we will rejoice with you and when you tell us about not-so-good things we will have an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on.
Your readers and followers are your biggest fans and we will always be rooting for you.

When you finally and hopefully soon start doctor supervised HRT I will be happy to make more postings on your thread that will give you a heads-up on what you might expect during your HRT journey.   Nothing happens fast and quick on HRT but things will happen depending on your own unique body and how it reacts to the HRT regimen...  Patience is definitely required...    I will gladly tell you more at a later time.

Thanks again for sharing and posting.
I will be eagerly looking for your future postings here on your thread and around the various threads around the Forums.
Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Jasline

I have been with GenderGP since 2017 and started HRT February 2018.

After therapy and when both you and therapist agree the time is right, you will be advised to go on HRT under Informed Consent and pay privately first for 4 weeks and then for 12 weeks medication. After 13 weeks you will be asked to take  a Blood Test for Oestrogen and Testosterone readings which either you can pay for from GenderGP or you can set up a "Shared Care Agreement" between GenderGP and your NHSGP as so many UK Susans Members have including Davina and myself. Under the SCA your 13 week and later quarterly BTs would be done freely under NHS and GenderGP would advise your NHSGP of your subsequent NHS prescriptions and hence you can get them under NHS.

Your NHSGP may refer you to a regional NHSGIC but there is in most parts of the country a substantial waiting list of 18 months or so before first appointment.

I wish you every success with your therapy and subsequent HRT journey.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

big kim

I told my GP in August 1989, he referred me to the psychiatric unit at the local hospital. My appointment was in October the same year & I was threatened with being sectioned if I ever came back again. I went back to the GP & asked for a 2nd opinion with someone different, the same month, he referred me to Charing Cross as Leeds had a very long waiting list. From referral in October 1989 it took til May 1991 before my first appointment
  •  

JaslineUK

17/02/19
So, I had my counselling session with GenderGP on 07 Feb and was really useful. Apart from getting a lot of clarification about the services and costs with GenderGP it also helped me with increased self-understanding. This was the first time I had talked as openly with anyone about my feelings, desires and needs. It was like a weight off my shoulders. I think the most interesting outcome was the realisation of even more repressed femininity from years ago. So, now I feel even more comfortable with transformation and my feminine persona. It simply feels natural. Just wish I had realised years ago. But better late than never.

I've now signed the GenderGP email consent form and waiting for them to send me the detailed steps of the assessment process. My plan is still to start with anti-androgens until my sex drive decreases and then move over to oestrogen. Must admit that the thought of having an orchidectomy is still a real consideration, as I find my sex drive irritating. I didn't used to have a problem with my sex drive, but now it simply feels part of the masculinity I just don't want. Anyway, we shall see how things progress.

Jasline x
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Jasline

I am glad that you had a productive and worthwhile counselling session with GenderGP on Feb 7th and that you are moving forward happily.

I wish you every success for the future.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

JaslineUK

I've now completed various forms and questionairres for Gender GP and they have accpeted me for treatment. I also saw my doctor yesterday who was really supportive and helpful. He's given the OK for a share care agreement with Gender GP, so that will help with prescriptions, blood tests, etc. And he gave me the blood test request form, so I'm getting the blood smaples taken tomorrow and then just wait for the results and then Gender GP to finalise the medication plan.

I'm so excited at the prospect of starting, although I know I will have a lot of personal hurdles to cross.
  •  

JaslineUK

After a few minor hiccups - GenderGP didn't actually take my "thoughts and wishes" into consideration, I've now started treatment. The hiccup was a first pass at my prescription not aligning what I wanted. On several occasions I had said that I wanted to start my treatment with just anti-androgens. That was based on my understanding that it may/will supress my sex drive. I wanted to ensure that my desire/need to transform is not just driven by my sex drive. Once I am comfortable with thatI would then commence with oestrogen treatment. I also said that I would prefer to take pills rather than injections as I feel I have more control with pills and also the cost is considerably lower. However, the first prescription was "EVOREL 100 HRT PATCH 6.4MG x 8" which is an oestrogen patch and "Decapeptyl SR INJ 11.25MG" an injected anti-androgen.The good thing was that they sorted this out very quickly and I received my first prescription yesterday, which is Finasteride tablets. So, I've started with these and will see how things go for a month or two. All being well I will then move onto the injections of Decapeptyl as that sounds less risky and more effective.

I've also now got an added complexity that my wife has gone from being happy with me when I was just dressing, to near hostility regarding transformation. This was not expected, so consequently I'm now torn between keeping my marriage in tact and transforming, with no simple way forward. So, I'm going to get some private counselling through GenderGP and also seeing my Doctor to get a referall for the NHS Gender Identity Clinic. I really don't want to screw up my marriage as I love her dearly, but this is constantly spinning around in my head. And sooner or later my coping mechanisms will almost certainly crumble.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again and congratulations on starting on HRT with GenderGP.

I started in February 2018 with Evorel Patches and Finasteride. Decapeptyl was added after 6 months. I have a thread "Pamela's Record" on HRT Board.

I am sure you'll remember applying your first patch and taking your first tablet forever!

Hoping you receive a good service with the private gender therapy from GenderGP. I am single myself but many of us are married or with a partner and it takes time for the wife or partner to understand and accept. In some cases they never do, in some cases they do. I hope you and your wife are able to stay together compromising where necessary.

I wish you every happiness on your transition journey. Enjoy the rollercoaster ride!

Hugs

Pamela   

•