Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Faith's Progress 2.0

Started by Faith, April 29, 2019, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Well done dear now you have joined the "correct" name club.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Faith

Quote from: randim on May 02, 2019, 10:27:24 AM
Why wouldn't they look at your hair Faith?  It's gorgeous. Congratulations on your name changes.

thank you, on both counts :)

Quote from: Donica on May 02, 2019, 01:46:14 PM
Nice to hear Faith and welcome home. Wow! Finally the car is fixed. Congratulations on your name change docs. I'm sure you both need rest after all that has happened. It feels good to be Faith Nicole doesn't it! SQUEEEYAY!!!

:)

Quote from: davina61 on May 02, 2019, 02:13:48 PM
Well done dear now you have joined the "correct" name club.

and now I have proof!!
**disclaimer: Information redacted to protect the not-so innocent.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Congratulations to you regarding your official name change and your new Drivers License
with your new name, correct Gender and a new beautiful (obviously female) picture.

Hmmm, I also see that you are designated as a SAFE DRIVER  :o ;)

So, again, congratulations are in order for you.... this is all very affirming for you I am certain.
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 02, 2019, 04:12:00 PM
@Faith
Dear Faith:
Congratulations to you regarding your official name change and your new Drivers License
with your new name, correct Gender and a new beautiful (obviously female) picture.

Hmmm, I also see that you are designated as a SAFE DRIVER  :o ;)

So, again, congratulations are in order for you.... this is all very affirming for you I am certain.
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle

Thank you ;D

Safe driver? of course. Faith has never had a crash HAH!!  Seriously, I've never been in one that was my fault and then only in ones that were unavoidable .. I pay attention

•  

KathyLauren

Congratulations on all the updates: your name and that all-important 'F'.

Hey, how did you get a good picture on your driver's license??
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

TonyaW

What's up Florida taking good pictures for drivers licenses? Both yours and Linde's turned out great. Mines hideous, which is why I never posted a picture of it here.

Congratulations on having all the right papers. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 02, 2019, 04:44:07 PM
Congratulations on all the updates: your name and that all-important 'F'.

thank you. F .. YES!!! Both SS and DMV were great and easy to work with. The DMV agent we got asked about my last name. It seems that his fiancé has the same last name. Could be related, the first name matches plenty of relatives in that age group that I lost touch with.

QuoteHey, how did you get a good picture on your driver's license??
I was further away .. distance == looks better ;D

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on May 02, 2019, 04:51:30 PM
What's up Florida taking good pictures for drivers licenses? Both yours and Linde's turned out great. Mines hideous, which is why I never posted a picture of it here.

Congratulations on having all the right papers. 

oh, my previous ones fit right in with the hideous designation, this one was a fluke. It helps that I was feeling really really good :)

•  

CynthiaAnn

Such sweet progress Faith, very happy for you, it's a very affirming step to take to have official ID in correct name / gender and a change that will pay you back over and over.

Best

Cynthia -
  •  

Faith

things are progressing well, from a legal/id standpoint. I have a lot of changes finished already, just a few more to go. After that, it'll be down to erroneous old mailing lists that I'll have to deal with.

Next 'legal' step with be my birth certificate. I have no idea how that will proceed since I live in FL and born in NY.
I will not be changing my marriage license/certificate. I got married as John, she married John, it's staying that way. We will, however, have a nice signed document stating Faith and Lori when we renew our vows on our 40th anniversary.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on May 03, 2019, 05:28:48 AM
......We will, however, have a nice signed document stating Faith and Lori when we renew our vows on our 40th anniversary.

Glad to hear everything is progressing well...reaffirming your vows is a nice touch and I am sure it will be a significant moment for you once again.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

TonyaW

Guess there was one benefit to still being in Wisconsin last spring with the ease of getting my birth certificate updated. Not sure why I thought I needed 3 official copies of it though. Probably because they were a lot cheaper than I expected.

Also not changing the marriage license. That was at my wife's request, though I had not thought about it either way.  One of the crappy things I did during a dysphoria episode was not renew our vows when we were in Vegas a number of years ago. Not sure if my wife would be totally comfortable with a renewal yet. We're at 32 years so maybe when we get to 40. You must have gotten married pretty young if you're planning something for your 40th already.

You'll be surprised by all the little things that keep popping up that you want to change your name on. After a year now I'm  pretty close to the point where I can just toss any my that comes addressed to old name.

Since you're a 2.0 d venture that someone that knows about NY birth certificates will be along shortly with some knowledge of that. If you have a passport you don't need your birth certificate to fix that but you do have to use the form for a new one rather than renewal to change the gender marker.

•  

Faith

yeah, a few things. Like the insurance that you mentioned. I should have done that yesterday, I forgot.
Marriage license was my choice, my wife was happy about it and that I was OK with it.

I have all the forms necessary for the birth cert except .. they want a certified copy of the original cert. So, I have to request one from them, just to send it back to them  ::)

no passport. I do plan on getting one as soon as the birth cert is changed

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on May 02, 2019, 04:54:34 PM
oh, my previous ones fit right in with the hideous designation, this one was a fluke. It helps that I was feeling really really good :)
My old license picture could have fit into a horror picture show.  They either have better equipment now, or Faith and I are so unbeliebte beautiful that even bad equipment makes good pictures of us!  Who knows?

I will meet with the Post Office passport person next week and get my passport going.  They require the same documentation I would need for changing the naturalization certificate.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on May 03, 2019, 05:28:48 AM
things are progressing well, from a legal/id standpoint. I have a lot of changes finished already, just a few more to go. After that, it'll be down to erroneous old mailing lists that I'll have to deal with.

Next 'legal' step with be my birth certificate. I have no idea how that will proceed since I live in FL and born in NY.
I will not be changing my marriage license/certificate. I got married as John, she married John, it's staying that way. We will, however, have a nice signed document stating Faith and Lori when we renew our vows on our 40th anniversary.
Which, if any, benefit do you see in updating the birth certificate? 
For me it would be my naturalization certificate, and they want to have close to $600 for doing this!  I wonder if there is any return on investment for this?  I will have my passport gendered right without the certificate, what more would one need?

•  

Faith

Quote from: Dietlind on May 03, 2019, 09:23:00 AM
Which, if any, benefit do you see in updating the birth certificate?  .....

Birth Certificate is a requirement to get a passport. I want it to reflect me and to match my id.

•  

CynthiaAnn

The birth cert is a nice to have, I did mine several years ago. You can update US passport even if your old name / gender is present on original birth cert. You just need a Dr letter showing transition completed, and court order showing name change (if applicable).

Best of luck Faith, it's wonderful when it's all done...

C -
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on May 03, 2019, 09:36:26 AM
Birth Certificate is a requirement to get a passport. I want it to reflect me and to match my id.
what they told me, it is not when you had a passport before.  I have a current dead name one, and that seems to be the only documentation they want to see as proof of citizenship for a new passport.
The new name and the female stuff they take from the judgement and the letters of the health care providers (same as social security).  That's what they told me when I called.

I think the birth certificate may be required if you do not have a passport already, and if you want to change old records like from school, etc.

•  

TonyaW

You need the birth certificate if you never had a passport before.  If you're lucky enough to be able to get the gender marker on the birth certificate changed also,  you won't need the very specific doctor's letter to get it right for your  passport.

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on May 03, 2019, 09:49:03 AM
You need the birth certificate if you never had a passport before.  If you're lucky enough to be able to get the gender marker on the birth certificate changed also,  you won't need the very specific doctor's letter to get it right for your  passport.

that's the plan :)  NY does allow for gender marker change

•