Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress 2.0

Started by Faith, April 29, 2019, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Mother's Day, not for me. Without understanding why, I fought against any Mother's Day celebrating. Now I look back and know why. Still, even now, I do not wish to be celebrated for Mother's Day. My children have a Mother and she's a great Mom. I was a good Father, was I a great Dad? My children think so and that's what counts. It wasn't and isn't about any particular role that we played in the upbringing, it's who we were, who we are. I'm still Dad, I'll always be their Dad. I would never wish to take that day away from their Mom.

I will celebrate my two daughters for being Moms, I will celebrate my wife for being Mom. I am not Mom, I'm Dad. I can live with that.

For me, I would like to wish my Mom a Happy Mother's Day as Faith. Yet I can't, she is no longer with us. She never got to meet Faith.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

Overall just a quiet family day yesterday. Nothing untoward happened. Today is a new week. This week, it's time to get serious about diet and exercise again. I've put on 8 lbs since our vacation-that-wasn't trip. ICK!!

I have great will power, I need to work on my won't power. Instead of "I will take a bite" "I will eat that cookie" I will eat that doughnut" "I will nibble just a little more" I need to change them all to wont's.

Oh, one quiet little comment. Lori and my daughters, and granddaughters, were all outside. I walked out to join them and they were like, "We were just talking about you". It came up about all the gals being outside and the guys inside. The comment was made that, "Nope, not all the gals, Dad is still inside". hmmm .. yeah, I'll take it :)

•  

sarah1972

Awww... so cool! Happy for you!

Glad you had a quiet weekend.

Hugs, Sarah

Quote from: Faith on May 13, 2019, 08:29:46 AM
The comment was made that, "Nope, not all the gals, Dad is still inside". hmmm .. yeah, I'll take it :)

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Overall, in spite of your diet difficulties... I much enjoyed reading your, what I considered to be, a good report.
Yes, after your "vacation" get back to your "will-power" mode and get that extra weight off.

I am rejoicing with you regarding your comment about the gals outside and the guys inside... and you walked outside you heard  "Nope, not all the gals, Dad is still inside".

Have a great day and a good "new" week .....
Again, thank you for sharing.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

Overall just a quiet family day yesterday. Nothing untoward happened. Today is a new week. This week, it's time to get serious about diet and exercise again. I've put on 8 lbs since our vacation-that-wasn't trip. ICK!!

I have great will power, I need to work on my won't power. Instead of "I will take a bite" "I will eat that cookie" I will eat that doughnut" "I will nibble just a little more" I need to change them all to wont's.

Oh, one quiet little comment. Lori and my daughters, and granddaughters, were all outside. I walked out to join them and they were like, "We were just talking about you". It came up about all the gals being outside and the guys inside. The comment was made that, "Nope, not all the gals, Dad is still inside". hmmm .. yeah, I'll take it :)
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

CynthiaAnn

The comment was made that, "Nope, not all the gals, Dad is still inside". hmmm .. yeah, I'll take it :)

Nice !! Have a great week

C -
  •  

Faith

I ate my banana
I ate my other banana
I ate my 15 almonds
I drank my coffee
an hour to go before I can eat my salad ... AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH *grumble gurgle*

hmm, I do have one small potato ............................................

•  

Faith

On to transition seriousness. I still struggle with mirrors. I look as much as I can, I take more selfies than a self-idolizing egotistical teen, then I try to share where others see, reply, try for positive feedback only to get .. more struggle. Will my brain ever give up and just say, enough is enough, yes you're a woman!!

Ok, I got that off my chest .. which wasn't hard since the slopes are fairly low.

Have a Monday selfie

Yes, I tied my hair back .. it was in the way. I really  need to get a haircut.

•  

CynthiaAnn

Very nice Faith, yes you are woman, there I said it, I've been following your thread for a bit now, and I will tell you, I admire folks that step up and post real pictures. I think your selfie today has the "glow" of femininity (IMHO).

The Internet is full of "snap chat filtered computer generated images of what a human might look like in the other gender", I like real.

You're real

C -

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on May 13, 2019, 10:02:20 AM
On to transition seriousness. I still struggle with mirrors. I look as much as I can, I take more selfies than a self-idolizing egotistical teen, then I try to share where others see, reply, try for positive feedback only to get .. more struggle. Will my brain ever give up and just say, enough is enough, yes you're a woman!!

Ok, I got that off my chest .. which wasn't hard since the slopes are fairly low.

Have a Monday selfie
Yes, I tied my hair back .. it was in the way. I really  need to get a haircut.
As I always told you, you look great!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Faith

Quote from: Linde on May 13, 2019, 10:12:35 AM
As I always told you, you look great!

Yes, and most people agree. I'm the one having issues with me *sigh*

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 13, 2019, 10:12:16 AM
Very nice Faith, yes you are woman, there I said it, I've been following your thread for a bit now, and I will tell you, I admire folks that step up and post real pictures. I think your selfie today has the "glow" of femininity (IMHO).

The Internet is full of "snap chat filtered computer generated images of what a human might look like in the other gender", I like real.

You're real

C -

Yeah, no, I can't do filtered images. I played with some, what's the point? It's not me. My work ID badge is the only doctored image that I use anymore. It really looks like me now, only younger.

Then there is the really unfiltered .. no makeup (last Friday)

who is that creepy dude

Still, the photo does show that my receding hairline is filling in :)

•  

Faith

sorry, my no make-up photo must have scared you all away. I promise not to offend your senses again.

New day, same struggles. mirrors .. ugh; body shape .. ugh; who am I .. uh, yeah, I got that one figured out, sort of, as much as any of us do; partnership - ARRGGHHH. We are so much better off than we were, so much better off than many others - even cis-couples, yet ... there's this line. It's a very thick heavy tall line that I just can't seem to cross. Can't move it, can't climb it, can't go around it. All I can do is erode it and that takes time. I'm in a prison of my own making and it's a life sentence.

sigh

Oh, no, actually I'm in a good mood. I'm just musing and expressing. Want photo proof? naaah, why spoil it ...

•  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on May 14, 2019, 05:38:24 AM
sorry, my no make-up photo must have scared you all away. I promise not to offend your senses again.

... there's this line. It's a very thick heavy tall line that I just can't seem to cross. Can't move it, can't climb it, can't go around it. All I can do is erode it and that takes time. I'm in a prison of my own making and it's a life sentence.

sigh

Lines can be erased if you find the right removal tool...I am sure there is one out there just made for you.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Faith on May 14, 2019, 05:38:24 AM

New day, same struggles. mirrors .. ugh; body shape .. ugh; who am I .. uh, yeah, I got that one figured out, sort of, as much as any of us do; partnership - ARRGGHHH. We are so much better off than we were, so much better off than many others - even cis-couples, yet ... there's this line. It's a very thick heavy tall line that I just can't seem to cross. Can't move it, can't climb it, can't go around it. All I can do is erode it and that takes time. I'm in a prison of my own making and it's a life sentence.

sigh

Oh, no, actually I'm in a good mood. I'm just musing and expressing. Want photo proof? naaah, why spoil it ...

New day, new vibe, I liked the first picture better. Invisible lines we create in our minds, "break on through to the other side" channeling Morrison this morning...

C -

•  

Faith

This line isn't in my head. I still need to cross it. Slow process

OH, is this good or bad?

I walked past a male co-worker this morning, long time work friend, anyways we both said good morning yet while I looked at his face to say hi, his eyes never moved up that far   :o

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on May 14, 2019, 07:32:55 AM

OH, is this good or bad?

I walked past a male co-worker this morning, long time work friend, anyways we both said good morning yet while I looked at his face to say hi, his eyes never moved up that far   :o
Was he avoiding eye contact or looking at something else? Let's go with stunned by your beauty and didn't want to get caught staring. 

Regarding the pictures from yesterday, biggest difference is the smile. I hate being  the "you should smile more" person, but you look happier in the first one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

CynthiaAnn

It's hard for guys, think about all the socialization they've been through.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on May 14, 2019, 07:32:55 AM

The walls that won't come down,
We can decorate or climb
Or find a way to get around
'Cause I'm still on your side...
- Coast of Carolina, Jimmy Buffett/Mac McAnally

We're all on your side.

If you can't get across that line, plant flowers on it.

QuoteOH, is this good or bad?

OH, that's good. I have the opposite problem.

Hey buddy, my t*ts are down here!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 14, 2019, 07:46:36 AM
It's hard for guys, think about all the socialization they've been through.

I can't, I'm trying to forget it. ;D

Quote from: steph2.0 on May 14, 2019, 07:48:31 AM

OH, that's good. I have the opposite problem.

Hey buddy, my t*ts are down here!

Stephanie

I don't know what he could see. I can barely see them when I look down at them much less (literally, much less) in the mirror looking straight on. Maybe he was hoping for a glimpse. "Hey buddy, a glimpse is all you get .. blink and they're gone"

•  

Faith

a random meaningless post for today, hmm, let me think ..

It was cold in our house yesterday (overworking AC)
I went outside on the steps to warm up a bit
Something was in the air, it hit my sinuses hard within seconds
nasty headache, couldn't breathe, sneezing

Today I'm ... just as bad. I don't know what is was, it was potent.

and there you have it, a high quality post worthy of sharing with no one.
oh, my mood? My mood is fine, I just feel like crap.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Well, for one, I enjoyed your "everyday life" posting.  ...  and the good news is that
you stated "oh, my mood? My mood is fine"

Wow, Air Conditioning already?
   Here it has not broken the 70 deg F mark yet.  It was 61 deg F yesterday and today it may get into the mid or even high 60's  .... but based on past years I do expect warmer temperatures in the next week or so.....   but no air conditioning needed, which is a good thing because there are no homes here have Air Conditioning.

Thank you for sharing.....
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Faith on May 15, 2019, 11:01:04 AM
a random meaningless post for today, hmm, let me think ..

It was cold in our house yesterday (overworking AC)
I went outside on the steps to warm up a bit
Something was in the air, it hit my sinuses hard within seconds
nasty headache, couldn't breathe, sneezing

Today I'm ... just as bad. I don't know what is was, it was potent.

and there you have it, a high quality post worthy of sharing with no one.
oh, my mood? My mood is fine, I just feel like crap.

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •