Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress 2.0

Started by Faith, April 29, 2019, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Ellen and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

davina61

Proud Mary is my fav song to tambourine to, you get a proper workout!! Debbie Parry band do a great Tina Turner version .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Faith

Quote from: davina61 on March 21, 2024, 04:42:37 AMProud Mary is my fav song to tambourine to, you get a proper workout!! Debbie Parry band do a great Tina Turner version .

Yup, like I said, people like the song. It's a bit 'meh' to play on bass that's all. There are other songs I can get into better, really get into the groove. Some songs I just get lost in .. not lost as in play wrong 😋
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

This past few days we've had a young guy and his FiL working on a bathroom remodel. While I was gone to rehearsal the young guy asked Lori my pronouns to avoid being disrespectful. He wasn't sure if I was MtF or FtM and didn't wnat to offend.

On the plus side .. respect. On the minus side .. Obviously trans.  I'm not really surprised. But, hey, androgynous looking is a thing, right?

•  

Mariah

Quote from: Faith on March 21, 2024, 11:32:59 AMThis past few days we've had a young guy and his FiL working on a bathroom remodel. While I was gone to rehearsal the young guy asked Lori my pronouns to avoid being disrespectful. He wasn't sure if I was MtF or FtM and didn't wnat to offend.

On the plus side .. respect. On the minus side .. Obviously trans.  I'm not really surprised. But, hey, androgynous looking is a thing, right?

Faith,

It is definitely a thing. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

davina61

One thing I forgot to say was the DP band slip  the riff from Deep Purples Black Night into Proud Mary in the middle break, try it as it fits!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Faith

Local courthouse had a free passport photo day today. Lori and I just left after processing our passport applications.

One more thing done towards a trip to Canada.

•  

Faith

Played the show last night. I give thanks to pedialyte and manuka honey lozenges for getting me through. Nervousness showed, I always get nervous on new songs. But, I pulled it off. "It's Only Make Believe" was a hit and filled the dance floor.. WooHoo

Oh, here's a weird one.  Usually women will come up asking about my hair. Last night one tapped my shoulder, I turned and she said, "I need to ask ..."  and I'm expecting hair and was ready to answer, nope. She asked how I get my skin so smooth  😱

I told her Dove moisturizing soap, liquid & warm water, not hot. But I also forgot to tell her that I use After Sun Aloe gel every day. I stii shave and it a great shaving cream 😊😋

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Faith

lethargic depression day. I can't seem to focus at all. zero ability to concentrate. Typically I'd bury myself in a book, except that's not working either. It's going to be a long day.

•  

Faith

I have submitted all requisite & signed papers to GrS MontrĂ©al. The response was semi-positive. The papers were accepted, 6-9 months to validate and process 😱  Time to wait ... again ... some more .. *sigh*

•  

davina61

Who ever said patience is a virtue never tried to transition, it will come dear when its the right time.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Faith

I can't braid my own hair, I can barely braid someone else's. I saw a vid using hair-ties to create a faux braid that looks nice. I ended up not doing that yet kept the multiple hair-tie look.  It came out rather interesting yesterday.

20240328_073714.jpg  20240328_105408.jpg

**we won't discuss the flyaways. My hair still breaks easily as I haven't found the solution yet.

LoriDee

I love that look! Thanks for sharing. I think it's a great idea.
I also followed something you posted earlier about using After Sun Aloe Gel as shaving cream. That works the best of all I have tried so far.

Hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Faith

Faith

Quote from: LoriDee on March 29, 2024, 10:09:39 AMI love that look! Thanks for sharing. I think it's a great idea.
I also followed something you posted earlier about using After Sun Aloe Gel as shaving cream. That works the best of all I have tried so far.

Hugs!

Thanks. I'm glad that something I said actually helped someone or was found useful  :)

•  

LoriDee

That's what this place is all about... sharing experiences to help others. Hugs!

Faith

Long weekend. We got one bathroom redone last week  .. expensive but, oh well. That led to replacing the water softener system which I did this weekend, plus cleaning out the shed of old crap. Next step is likely our water heater. It's the original with the home, 34 years of cooking water. We're considering an on-demand.

•  

Faith

Nice weather with the grandkids so I'm braving the backyard 😎  :o

20240407_125609.jpg

•  

LoriDee

Gorgeous as ever Faith!

Enjoy your weather. We got rain/sleet/snow mix. Ah, Spring in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Hugs!

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Faith

Faith

oddest thing. Hurricane IAN did damage to our house and attachments. Nothing serious compared to others but enough to hurt the wallet - we received a $5 check, which I refuse to process. Well, it appears that our insurance carrier at the time went insolvent and FIGA is looking into resolutions. As it's considered confidential I'll not expound on it further other than, at least it looks like we'll get a bit more than $5 to close it out.

•  

Faith

one more milestone, as far as paperwork is concerned. Our passports came in  :)

•  

LoriDee

Yay! Milestones should always be celebrated. Congrats!

•