Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress 2.0

Started by Faith, April 29, 2019, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

eventful day yesterday. An outdoor Tiki area. Lori and I went to check it out since I'll be playing there next week. We've been there many times before just not on a Sunday. Decent crowd, pleasant weather. people were scattered which left no tables fully open. We ended up near our 'normal' seating area behind a couple guys.  We did the 'pardon our intrusion' introductions.

Over the course of the next hour the one guy struck up conversation(s). At one point I lifted up my sunglasses to look (and make a face at him, hee) and a few minutes later he asked me to lift them up again. Then he responded with, "I'm a sucker for a woman with blue eyes" I had suspicions and when I asked Lori, she confirmed it  .. he was flirting with me.

It finally led to him asking how we (Lori and I) knew each other. Lori left it simple and didn't say we were married. I gave the basic background of her being a friend of my sisters and that's how we met. Which then led to leading questions that culminated with the fact that we're a couple.

He turned to his buddy and said, "Great, I finally meet a woman that I can talk to and she's gay."
I didn't correct him on the gay part as I didn't want that to lead anywhere. His comment wasn't insulting, he did it in a 'just my luck' kind of comment. It also didn't stymie the conversation.

Very rewarding afternoon all around.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee