Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Progesterone when to start?

Started by Erika_Courtney, April 30, 2019, 09:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erika_Courtney

Just finished 90 days on an entrance level E dose and have been a below entrance level dose of T-Blocker for 45 days.

My care provider wants to add Progesterone now.

When should I start Progesterone?
  •  

Kate.claire

I wasn't thinking about starting until I was a year into my estradiol only treatment or when and if I reach later Tanner stages of breast development.  At this rate, that will be much longer than a year.  Both of my doctors were ambivalent about progesterone.  Will prescribe it if I want,  but aren't sold either way on effects yet.  Not surprising,  given there's not a huge n out there with a controlled study.  My year+ timeline was just based on the fact that cisgirls typically have their progesterone kick in late in puberty.
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•  

Jessica

Hi Erika, there are some new thoughts with the use of progesterone by transgender women.
Here is a link to a thread I started on that subject.....
Progesterone Is Important for Transgender Women's Therapy

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Linde

Quote from: Kate.claire on April 30, 2019, 10:25:34 AM
I wasn't thinking about starting until I was a year into my estradiol only treatment or when and if I reach later Tanner stages of breast development.  At this rate, that will be much longer than a year.  Both of my doctors were ambivalent about progesterone.  Will prescribe it if I want,  but aren't sold either way on effects yet.  Not surprising,  given there's not a huge n out there with a controlled study.  My year+ timeline was just based on the fact that cisgirls typically have their progesterone kick in late in puberty.
This is the same opinion my endo has.  he feels close to 2 years on E alone, and once the breast tissue had a chance to develop, P may be added as it is with young cis females.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•