News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Secret handshake?

Started by Bea1968, May 01, 2019, 04:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: Emma1017 on May 22, 2019, 11:48:23 AM
We should develop an non-dating/non-merchandising trans app that just lets you send out an anonymous signal.  We would suddenly see all us on the map and not feel alone...

LOL, we need to create it, though, before someone else does and calls it the Trapp.  :laugh:
  •  

Emma1017

Just a thought:

To protect everyone from stalkers it would be cool if there was a map on Susan's Place and everyone could drop a "push pin" of where each of us lives.  It's totally anonymous and non-tracking but it would give us all a better sense that we are not alone.
  •  

Stepheewt

Quote from: Ricki Wright on May 22, 2019, 12:13:07 AM
Humans by nature kill that which they fear, and fear anything they do not understand. It's like trans people are 15 years behind the L's and the G's as far as being able to be public.

Go figure I'm easily 30 years or more behind when I should have come out as Trans, now we're 15 years behind on rights. Just difficult.

Amazing that some people still believe we would choose this, choose the danger, choose the ridicule, choose the treatments, the surgery if needed, choose the fight. Why?.. Can't choose who you are. I'm who I am I have to admit that. It's excruciating keeping up the act.

Btw
The Trans App that's funny, but I'm sure it will happen. Who knows maybe in 15 years we will have Trans only .com dating apps on tv like we're Farmers. ...(still won't use the app..lol)
Always look forward because the past will never change.
  •  

Bea1968

Quote from: Linde on May 22, 2019, 08:05:17 AM
I live as a woman among women.  I know only cis women, and hang only out with cis women.  I am not interested in being some trans worrier, I am not interested in trans pride, I don't know what is being trans to be proud about, I was born that way, nothing to be proud about anything one had no chance to influence.
I am still active in female stuff, to help fellow women to better their life, but not as a trans woman, but just as an average woman. 
I really don't get it what some of the trans activists want to achieve?  As I said, I live like a woman, and would not know what would improve  my life by telling the world that I am trans?  Most of my friends know, but they don't care. my family knows, and they have accepted me the way I am, my doctors know, because they treat me, and nobody else needs to know anyway!  And I also don't feel being part of some obscur trans community!

What do those trans activist want to achieve?

I hear what you say about advocate groups and activists.  My counselor suggested I volunteer with our local Pride chapter and my reaction was like, WTF?  I have no patience for high octane /in your face groups.  I would never fit in with such a group.
  •  

Bea1968

Emma, that is a cool idea.
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Bea.  The map would be just states and countries to protect our anonymity.  It would give us a sense of our numbers.

Until I came here I thought I was a freak and an outcast.  I hid my sense of guilt and shame while I fought a battle of denial.  I thought I was alone.

I found out I was totally and completely wrong!

The map would show us that we are not alone.
  •  

Stepheewt

Always look forward because the past will never change.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on May 22, 2019, 01:37:18 PM
Thanks Bea.  The map would be just states and countries to protect our anonymity.  It would give us a sense of our numbers.

Until I came here I thought I was a freak and an outcast.  I hid my sense of guilt and shame while I fought a battle of denial.  I thought I was alone.

I found out I was totally and completely wrong!

The map would show us that we are not alone.
You are correct Emma, I thought for the longest time I was the only person with a, for a man, freaky body, and the only man, who wanted to be a female.  I did not know anything about trans, and for me, intersex!
Who knows, my neighbor down the street may be trans or intersex, and feels as alone as I did!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Northern Star Girl

We are definitely not alone here and members can be found in every state, every province and just about any country in the world.

According to the latest Susan's Place Forums Stats, 
     35,618  members have made  2,020,940  forum posts in  190,324 Topics

It doesn't take a lot of reading of the various threads andr postings to get an idea of where members are located, ....obviously privacy if of prime importance among our members here. 

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Allie Jayne

Quote from: Emma1017 on May 22, 2019, 12:12:09 PM
Just a thought:

To protect everyone from stalkers it would be cool if there was a map on Susan's Place and everyone could drop a "push pin" of where each of us lives.  It's totally anonymous and non-tracking but it would give us all a better sense that we are not alone.

I suppose it could be done with Google Maps, where you can place "push pins" in, but many wouldn't want to risk their anonymity. I'd be nervous to put even an approximate "push pin" in as I'd be nervous about being outed before I was ready, or worse, blackmailed or stalked.

Allie
  •  

LordKAT

A few I met because they related to what I had to say regarding my own ..tribulations ' with transitioning. A few I met because they rudely assumed they knew me better than I knew myself. If they aren't  talking transition, don't ask them about it or assume they are.

•  

Lexxi

Quote from: Artesia on May 18, 2019, 02:37:46 PM
I saw a girl the other day I am fairly certain is transgender.  We live in conservative central.  I really would like to talk to her so we can provide mutual support and safe places in the event of something crappy happening, but I also don't want to out her (would be dangerous for both of us).  I like the idea of the pin.  Could someone point me the way to one?

I liked the idea of a pin so much that I went straight to Amazon's website and ordered one. Just search for trans pins. A whole bunch of options will pop up. I bought the one that has the three points on it. It's shaped like a triangle with a black background. I also got a pin of the trans flag too. They'll both be here today and will be pinned to every shirt before I walk out the door.

Hope this helps,

Lexxi
Finally started the process of becoming who I really am on the inside! 5/20/19
  •  

TonyaW

Well, I got these

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: TonyaW on May 28, 2019, 02:37:01 PM
Well, I got these

Cute.  Nice.   

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Devlyn on May 22, 2019, 11:51:04 AM
LOL, we need to create it, though, before someone else does and calls it the Trapp.  :laugh:

It should be easy enough on Susan's Place.  We all submit our IP addresses whenever we visit any website, unless we use some kind of stealth software (which I think is like trying not to draw attention to oneself by wearing a mask in a police station).  Our IP addresses give our approximate location.  Even if we were all happy with it, though, I'm not sure whether it would violate data privacy laws. 
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Devlyn on May 22, 2019, 11:51:04 AM

I think that that would be a good name for it even if we did create it ourselves.  Suddenly I want to join a choir, though.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: TonyaW on May 28, 2019, 02:37:01 PM
Well, I got these

Did you find those on Etsy?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: MaryT on May 28, 2019, 02:56:49 PM
It should be easy enough on Susan's Place.  We all submit our IP addresses whenever we visit any website, unless we use some kind of stealth software (which I think is like trying not to draw attention to oneself by wearing a mask in a police station).  Our IP addresses give our approximate location.  Even if we were all happy with it, though, I'm not sure whether it would violate data privacy laws.

The "Trapp" could occur if the platform were hijacked by those with less than benevolent intent  ;)
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 28, 2019, 03:05:15 PM

Did you find those on Etsy?

Chrissy
$10 on Amazon.  Think I searched for trans pride and they showed up.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Tonya,

Thank you.  I would wear one.

Chrissy
  •