News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT Gel

Started by MarieLouise1982, May 02, 2019, 07:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneK

Quote from: MarieLouise1982 on May 03, 2019, 08:22:53 AM
They have offered me pills but I have rufused them as I don't want to start getting liver issues etc

What's the difference between tablets and pills?  I thought they were pretty much synonymous terms.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

MarieLouise1982

They are the same thing - pills and tablets :)

Marie
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: MarieLouise1982 on May 03, 2019, 09:31:38 AM
They are the same thing - pills and tablets :)

Then why are you asking about taking tablets in one post and refusing to take pills in another???

QuoteThey have offered me pills but I have rufused them as I don't want to start getting liver issues etc

QuoteThey have offered me pills but I have rufused them as I don't want to start getting liver issues etc
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Rachel

Hi, I do injections ( I love sub Q injections) and my new HT doctor does not want me to do injections. She thinks it provides highs and lows.

So I was offered pills and I said no because I will forget to take them and I feel ups and down on pills.

I was offered a patch and said no because I shower at least once a day and I am active and sweat.

I have been on T gel for a while (just a dab) and that is fine so I said I will try E gel. Both T & E will be made in a compounding Pharmacy.

My E from injection was 740 ng/dl on the 13 of a 14day cycle. My doctor was concerned. When I started HRT I did not care as long as My T was 0 and E was high. Now after transition I need some T and do not want to hurt myself so off to trying something new.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

MarieLouise1982

Quote from: AnneK on May 03, 2019, 09:44:32 AM
Then why are you asking about taking tablets in one post and refusing to take pills in another???

Because I was thinking about going on the pills/tablets but after some research decided against the idea because of the damage they cause to your insides. People change their mind sometimes if they are given good reason , and I think it's a good enough reason to change my mind about what I put in my body???
  •  

MarieLouise1982

Quote from: Rachel on May 03, 2019, 03:44:52 PM
Hi, I do injections ( I love sub Q injections) and my new HT doctor does not want me to do injections. She thinks it provides highs and lows.

So I was offered pills and I said no because I will forget to take them and I feel ups and down on pills.

I was offered a patch and said no because I shower at least once a day and I am active and sweat.

I have been on T gel for a while (just a dab) and that is fine so I said I will try E gel. Both T & E will be made in a compounding Pharmacy.

My E from injection was 740 ng/dl on the 13 of a 14day cycle. My doctor was concerned. When I started HRT I did not care as long as My T was 0 and E was high. Now after transition I need some T and do not want to hurt myself so off to trying something new.

Your braver than me ..... I hate injections :(
  •  

Rachel

Sub Qs not bad at all. I use to do IM and even that became a routine. In fact for IM I would say the step and then do the step. Once I started I would just get through it.

With IM I did pass out twice when doing the training. After that I got better each time. Sub Q has a slow release and IM a quicker release.

Anyhow, I can get HRT with my current primary care, Mazzoni if I decide to switch later. So I will try using a compounding pharmacy and see how it goes. Perhaps I will love that. Anyhow, this current doctor measures E so I hope to have a lower E in a safe range. I think overall safety is the primary concern. That and being between 200 and 500 ng/dl E and below 50 ng/dl T.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

DebbySoufflage

I used Estrogel and I absolutely hated how long it took to dry up.
I had hot flashes all the time on gel.
I have been on low-dose E patches for years now and my levels are perfect. I rotate between Vivelle Dot and Evorel.
I use a few drops of ethanol to clean the skin and then apply the patch. They stick well.
  •  

Dorit

My endo doctor just changed me from Evorel patches to Estrogel.  After a year on the patches I developed an allergic skin reaction to the glue.  Also, my blood estradiol level was low and she thought maybe the skin rash under the patch was blocking absorption.

I am interested in others experience, especially about where to place the gel.   The manufacturer's instructions say on the arm, but I would like to try other places like some of the posters have.   I am prescribed to apply the gel twice a day, so I need to spread it someplace other then just my arms.
  •