Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Re: The Stephanie Chronicles 2.0

Started by steph2.0, September 10, 2018, 08:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Steph I have been trying to keep pace with your life but have to say you really are flying along. Each one of those photo's is definitely all "her" and the greatest thing about all of them is you look so happy....I saw the photo's with you and your BFF and again you just looked contented and happy. That's what I see when I look at your pictures..."she" is all there is and "she" looks like "she" has been there all along and need the right conditions to blossom.

Your could have FFS and if that makes you happier then you should do it, what I am saying is that I believe people see you for the woman you are already.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dani

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 20, 2018, 03:43:09 PM

Am I just talking so I can convince myself I'm right? Again, I so wish I could see myself through your eyes. It's why I want so much to see a picture of the lady my friend says I look like.

Stephanie

Well, Stephanie, you convinced me you are doing the right thing.  :laugh:

In the end, we do what we must to relieve the dysphoria we all suffer from. You have a plan and it is a carefully thought out plan. This is good and I wish you the best as you proceed.  :-*

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: anne_indy on September 21, 2018, 01:37:11 PM
Stephanie - I agree with the others comments that have been made. Minimal modifications are needed.

Tia - let me know your schedule for April. You know that Marbella is not so far for me. And if you would tolerate some company, it's much closer than the journey to the US.

Thank you Anne (Brook?). I do appreciate all the positive comments. It shows if I put the effort into it, I do okay.

If you're close to Marbella, maybe we can meet when I finally go there. I'll very likely be going alone, so it would be nice to meet up.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: LizK on September 22, 2018, 07:15:38 PM
Steph I have been trying to keep pace with your life but have to say you really are flying along. Each one of those photo's is definitely all "her" and the greatest thing about all of them is you look so happy....I saw the photo's with you and your BFF and again you just looked contented and happy. That's what I see when I look at your pictures..."she" is all there is and "she" looks like "she" has been there all along and need the right conditions to blossom.

Your could have FFS and if that makes you happier then you should do it, what I am saying is that I believe people see you for the woman you are already.

Thank you Liz. It's always so good to read your positive comments. Yes, I had been wearing the "he" facade for far too long, and now I get to be me. It is so liberating. And having a best friend who gets it and shares the joy enhances everything.

It's wonderful to hear that people are seeing who I want them to, and recent experiences (which I'll be writing about, of course) bear that out. But I still do believe that the minimal FFS is something I need to do, for reasons already stated. I could wait longer and see if HRT helps some more, but some things are just plain age-related. The hair isn't going to regrow, the wrinkles are long-standing, and there are a few male traits that HRT won't change.

I've also been kicking around an idea that wouldn't feminize my face, but would make a large enough change that people might look at me differently: Lose the glasses. Nobody has ever seen me without them, so contacts or Lasik would make me look quite different. Contacts are a relatively easy thing to do nowadays, too. Hmmm...

Thanks again, Liz. Take care, sister.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Dani on September 23, 2018, 07:33:27 AM
Well, Stephanie, you convinced me you are doing the right thing.  :laugh:

In the end, we do what we must to relieve the dysphoria we all suffer from. You have a plan and it is a carefully thought out plan. This is good and I wish you the best as you proceed.  :-*

Thank you, Rakel! I'd rather not have to - I have plenty of things I could spend the money on, but nothing more important to me. So I'll keep on, and try to be patient as I wait wait wait for things to slowly come together.

I hope you're getting some flying in!

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

It's been a mixed week, but ended wonderfully. I'll put the stories in separate posts. Here's the most uncomfortable thing to happen:

Late last week as I was walking Maggie past a neighbor's house, he asked if I had a minute to talk. Sure, always. This is the guy who I've mentioned before as seeming to have the hardest time getting the name and pronouns correct, despite being one of the most intelligent people in the neighborhood. As I've mentioned before, I don't consider myself dumb, but I am a little slow on thinking up responses and forming cohesive arguments. I've put it as "I'm incredibly spontaneous, if you give me time to think about it." So this guy can tie me up in knots in any kind of debate.

I've talked before that we have a small but close neighborhood, almost like an extended family. It's why I was so terrified to come out, out of fear that I'd be ostracized and have to leave that all behind.

Well, my neighbor's argument was that I am tearing apart the fabric of the neighborhood because I'm so sensitive to people using the wrong name and pronouns. He says everyone is walking on eggshells because they're all afraid of hurting my feelings. Everyone wants the best for me, but they're on edge so much that the family feeling is deteriorating. Of course, now that I have time to think about it, I realize that almost everyone else is doing quite well with the pronouns and name. I thought I was dealing with the slip-ups pretty well, especially lately as I get more comfortable with myself. But he basically raked me over the coals for about an hour, and I was at a loss to not just understand what he was talking about, but how to come up with a rebuttal and a solution to the problem he was relating, real or not.

If it is real, I don't want to ruin the good feelings we've always had around here. I don't know whether I need to go house to house and let people know that I'm not made of glass, or just keep on with my usual way of handling the occasional incident - which is with understanding and humor - or just withdraw from the social scene entirely.

To be honest, I am a little tired of fighting this long slow battle. It's been almost a year, after all. And it does seem that the guy who sat me down, "for my own good and for the good of the neighborhood" may be basing his assessment of the situation on his own inability to get it right, for whatever reason that may be. I won't speculate publicly, but he insists he has no problem with my transition. But when he says, "I don't care if you build airplanes in a dress," I can't help but think he thinks of me now, and may always think of me, as Steve in women's clothes, not Stephanie finally set free.

There was a lot more to it, some understandable, some obviously true, some actually good, some completely off the wall, and some downright insulting. But I think I'll talk with my therapist about it on Wednesday. Right now I guess I'm just venting. Thanks for listening.

Stephanie

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 23, 2018, 11:12:26 PM
Well, my neighbor's argument was that I am tearing apart the fabric of the neighborhood because I'm so sensitive to people using the wrong name and pronouns. He says everyone is walking on eggshells because they're all afraid of hurting my feelings. Everyone wants the best for me, but they're on edge so much that the family feeling is deteriorating. Of course, now that I have time to think about it, I realize that almost everyone else is doing quite well with the pronouns and name. I thought I was dealing with the slip-ups pretty well, especially lately as I get more comfortably with myself. But he basically raked me over the coals for about an hour, and I was at a loss to not just understand what he was talking about, but how to come up with a rebuttal and a solution to the problem he was relating, real or not.
Oh, I've run into this one before!   What I call the 'conditional acceptor', the person who will accept us in spite of the horrible, mild temporary discomfort that we cause them, if only we will just meet their conditions.

They might have heard something in passing, such as another neighbor telling them "Stephanie doesn't like it when you don't use her correct pronouns."  Their perceptual filter and deflection mechanisms have turned this into "I am without flaw, of course, but Stephanie and the neighbors are very much at odds over these pronouns, and I as the only person who can see the situation correctly, must show Stephanie the error of their ways!"

But when he says, "I don't care if you build airplanes in a dress," I can't help but think he thinks of me now, and may always think of me, as Steve in women's clothes, not Stephanie finally set free.

That is very likely true.  His head is stuck in the cultural gender binary hole, and he cannot see how anyone could possibly have a gender identity other than their assigned sex at birth since he has never experienced this.  Therefore, in his world view, being transgender is impossible, and he is determined not to see Stephanie.  That makes all this stuff about correct pronouns nonsense, and since it makes him slightly uncomfortable, he needs to find a way to show you the error of your ways.

Stephanie, I don't think you have done anything wrong here.  If misgendered, and the neighbors don't correct themselves ("He.. Oh, sorry.  She...") is is OK to speak up. ("She, please")

You have one unaccepting neighbor.  That's a pretty good score.  Be nice and low pressure to everyone else, and he is unlikely to gain the upper hand in dominating the neighborhood's attitude.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Now the wonderful thing that made up for any other weirdness last week.

All week long my BFF @SassyCassie told me to not make other plans for Saturday. She had a surprise for me. I speculated all week, and I finally had to ask what the dress code was. When I was told light casual, good for walking around in the heat, I thought I had a pretty good idea. Epcot center at Disney is right in the middle of their wine and cheese festival, and we'd talked a bit about going at one point.

But no. Cassie had been visiting Universal Studios a lot lately, (she has a yearly pass) and would send me videos of the fun she was having - without me. Stephanie sad. Well, I found out that as a birthday gift, we were going to meet up with a friend of hers and spend Saturday at Universal. In fact, she was going to buy me a three day pass so we could go back a few more times, too. Squeeee! But it gets better. When she went to buy my pass, she was told that the lowest-level yearly pass was the same price as a three-day. So we can go back together for a year! Squeeee-splosion! [emoji769]

We rode rides, we took silly pictures, we laughed, we cried (when I let some sad memories overwhelm me), we ate tasty food, including frozen butterbeer in Hogsmeade, and we had nommie chocolate bread and adult beverages in the form of Cherry Chocolate Mules. I had great conversations with Cassie's friend, who was fully supportive of our transitions, and I deeply enjoyed spending such a great day with my BFF.

But by far the best part of the day: I was just Stephanie. Once in a while I thought about what I was doing and how cool it was, but for the most part I just forgot about transitioning. Never once all day did we get misgendered. We were just three good-looking women enjoying the park just like all the other girls. I actually liked who I saw in the mirror, and, maybe due to the smile I wore all day, everyone else seemed to like her, too. Does it seem snooty if I say that we actually looked as good or better than many of the women there?

When it did happen to occur to us what we were doing, we just smiled at each other and clinked our glasses if we were holding any. Living the new normal. Now forget that, what do you want to do now?

Another great thing about it was there was no rush. Every other time I've gone, it was with a day ticket, and I had to cram as much into the limited time as possible, and stay until they closed to take advantage every minute. But now, thanks to the generosity of my best friend, we can go back any time to catch what was missed or try something new. It's so different when there's no pressure.

Cassie the Perfectly Sane Cat Lady Gets the Part

Who is Making Whom Look Good?

Three Hot Women Toasting a Great Day

Stephanie

•  

Faith

@Stephanie
Stephanie, first off .. happy times on your day out .. YAY!!! Enjoying the company of good friends, doesn't get much better.
Secondly, I think you need to write that neighbor off. Exchange pleasantries, skip any conversations. I've read pretty much everything you've regarding him up to this point (you do realize that you write novelettes?) and I've concluded (because my brain works wondrously this early in the morning before coffee) that he is simply putting a good front on unacceptability making it your fault that he can't deal with it. Time to keep a distance. Go with Michelle's comment, continue to be your bubbly happy self to the others, 10 foot pole for him.

Faith

disclaimer, I make no stipulations about the reasonableness of my comments or suggestions, it's up to you to decide. If I was wrong, it's your fault
:D :D :D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Faith on September 24, 2018, 06:10:58 AM
@Stephanie
Stephanie, first off .. happy times on your day out .. YAY!!! Enjoying the company of good friends, doesn't get much better.
Secondly, I think you need to write that neighbor off. Exchange pleasantries, skip any conversations. I've read pretty much everything you've regarding him up to this point (you do realize that you write novelettes?) and I've concluded (because my brain works wondrously this early in the morning before coffee) that he is simply putting a good front on unacceptability making it your fault that he can't deal with it. Time to keep a distance. Go with Michelle's comment, continue to be your bubbly happy self to the others, 10 foot pole for him.

I've met the neighbor in question and, if my guess is correct, he had no idea I was trans as well. Just from being somewhat on the periphery of all this, I can say without a doubt that the guy fancies himself as the "Alpha" or the "Captain" of the neighborhood. You know the type - every neighborhood has one. He's also a bit of a bully but I've not heard of anyone actually standing up to him. The rest of the folks in the neighborhood seem to have adopted the philosophy of "Go along to get along". Unfortunately, if Stephanie tells the guy to go fornicate himself with an iron rod (as she should, IMNSHO), he'll likely rally the rest of the neighborhood together to ostracize Stephanie.

Stephanie, bless her, has the ability to tolerate a lot of unpleasantness before taking action - as do all of us who transitioned late in life, I suppose. I do too, but everything has a limit and by this time, I would have fired right back at the guy and called him out as a coward for using the rest of the, in most cases completely accepting, neighbors as a cover for his own discomfort. He might bluster and threaten but in the end, it's all just words.

Stay strong @Steph2.0 . As with the pain you lived with for so many years, this too shall pass. Your sisters and brothers near and far are here for you to lean on if you need us!
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 23, 2018, 11:12:26 PM
.....But when he says, "I don't care if you build airplanes in a dress," I can't help but think he thinks of me now, and may always think of me, as Steve in women's clothes, not Stephanie finally set free.

Stephanie

Hi Steph

I hope you don't think this rude but my assessment is simply the issue is with this guy...the ignorance behind that comment whilst not insurmountable is going to be difficult to change. He does not see you as a woman but who you always were to him except now you are "wearing a dress". He is not understanding this has nothing to do with clothing but who you really are...I think when these kinds of people begin to think about what our lives must have been like they have difficulty believing anyone could live like that so of course it must be "made up"...why do they think this way...IMHO because they couldn't live under the kind of stress we all do, that of course means you can't really have a serious gender issue...its really about just "fixing planes in a dress". The shallowness of his thinking is what stops him being able to understand.

It looks and sounds from your post like the three of you had a wonderful day...smiles for miles :laugh: Nice to have this to counterbalance the negative rubbish.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

sarah1972

Happy belated Birthday Stephanie!

Yeah, this nice present sounds like a lot of fun! So glad you had such a great day. The pictures look awesome!

For your neighbor: Yeah, I agree - keep conversation to a minimum. We have one neighbor we barely spoke too since I started wearing a dress outside and a new neighbor who keeps it to a "hello and how are you". We have so many others - like you do too - where our relationship with them has not changed, in some cases even intensified since I became Sarah.

Stay strong girl!

Hugs,
Sarah

•  

KathyLauren

What a great day you and @SassyCassie had!

I think @Michelle_P nailed it about your neighbour: he sees you as a man wearing a dress, so of course he feels that asking for feminine pronouns is a bit too much.  He thinks he is cutting you some slack if he doesn't complain about your clothing choices, which makes him, in his own mind, incredibly open-minded and tolerant.

You can't choose you neighbours, so the best approach is to have as little to do with him as possible.  Don't engage.

His attitude is not about you.  It is not about whether or not you pass.  It is about the fact that he has no idea what transgender means, and is probably unwilling to learn.

Stay strong, Stephanie!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Yes I have two of those, unwilling to accept, neighbors and even a long time friend who no longer speaks to me. There's not much one can do about them. As you stated, your neighbor is one of the more intelligent people on the block, but I have to say not so. Anyone can seem smart by reciting things they read in books or following politics but I think it takes true intelligence to be openminded, accept differences, and to look past any and all gender barriers. Water under the bridge.

On your much more happier note, what fun you and SassyCassie are having. Wow! A yearly pass at Universal Studios. Things like this really help us to get through the trying times we face. So,,, now,,, Are you putting your trade mark on this new phrase " Squeeee-splosion!"? Please excuse me if I can not contain myself and this phrase accidentally slips out. ;D

Happy hugs Stephanie!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Michelle, Faith, Cassie, Liz, Sarah, Kathy, Donica: Thank you so much for your support and insights!

vent

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 23, 2018, 11:59:09 PM
Oh, I've run into this one before!   What I call the 'conditional acceptor', the person who will accept us in spite of the horrible, mild temporary discomfort that we cause them, if only we will just meet their conditions.

They might have heard something in passing, such as another neighbor telling them "Stephanie doesn't like it when you don't use her correct pronouns."  Their perceptual filter and deflection mechanisms have turned this into "I am without flaw, of course, but Stephanie and the neighbors are very much at odds over these pronouns, and I as the only person who can see the situation correctly, must show Stephanie the error of their ways!"

It's worse than that, even. Substitute "Steve" for "Stephanie" and "he" for "her" in your statement and it would be more accurate. He, either unthinkingly or deliberately, continued to call me "Steve" through the entire conversation. I suspect he was trying to get a rise out of me, since his thesis was "Steve is far too sensitive to what people call him."

That is very likely true.  His head is stuck in the cultural gender binary hole, and he cannot see how anyone could possibly have a gender identity other than their assigned sex at birth since he has never experienced this.  Therefore, in his world view, being transgender is impossible, and he is determined not to see Stephanie.  That makes all this stuff about correct pronouns nonsense, and since it makes him slightly uncomfortable, he needs to find a way to show you the error of your ways.

Extreme right wing, Trump fan, Rush Limbaugh listener. Manages to turn almost any conversation toward politics, with Obama and liberals the cause of all the evils in the world. Most likely has drunk the "Gender is defined only by DNA" Kool-aid. But so reasonable and accepting!

Stephanie, I don't think you have done anything wrong here.  If misgendered, and the neighbors don't correct themselves ("He.. Oh, sorry.  She...") is is OK to speak up. ("She, please")

The argument is, correcting someone just alienates them. He definitely understands that I'm unhappy with being misgendered and deadnamed, not because I force a correction, but because he can read it in my face. That was definitely true early on, but not so much now as I get comfortable with who I am and understand who he is and why he won't change. He's basing a lot of his theory on past history (he brought up an incident when I was out on a fly-out with him and had a meltdown due to what I perceived to be a slight toward my transition... last November), and a conversation with the lady who invited me to the ladies party night at her house - where an incredible amount of information was lost or scrambled in translation.

I'm guessing here, but the only place that what he said he was told could have come from was when I told my other neighbor that I was worried that the government was going to remove the mandate that makes it illegal to discriminate against LGBT people, which is what's driving the inclusion of transgender care in most insurance policies (Section 1557 of Health and Human Services Rules). His right-wing mind received it as, "Steve is pissed off because he considers himself handicapped and the government owes him help to fix it." That is literally what he said he had been told by my other neighbor. When I told him over and over (in tears, unfortunately) that I never said anything like that, and never would, he accused me of calling my other neighbor (a long-term friend of his) a liar.

I told him that it didn't bother me much if he screwed up with pronouns and names around the neighborhood where everyone knows the story, but I did try to make him understand that it was terrible for me when he did it around strangers who only know me as Stephanie. He read that not as "I need to be recognized as who I am now, not as who I had been, and as much as possible, without a "trans" prefix" - but as: "Steve is worried there will be trouble with someone who can't accept that he's a guy pretending to be a girl." He was insulted then that I would think that my neighbors wouldn't defend me in that case. It was an interesting reaction to a false conclusion.

One absolutely telling part of the conversation, which laid bare the way he thinks of me: He was trying to make the point that I need to consider other people's feelings. He said that to be feminine one has to first consider the family, and the neighborhood is like a family. He used his wife as an example: not particularly girly, but would always put the kids, then the family, then the extended family before her own welfare. According to him, that's how women think. That's when I stopped him and told him, "Don't try to lecture me about how women think. You are not a woman." To which he replied, "You aren't either." I should have walked right then.

You have one unaccepting neighbor.  That's a pretty good score.  Be nice and low pressure to everyone else, and he is unlikely to gain the upper hand in dominating the neighborhood's attitude.

Nice and low pressure is what I have been striving for, successfully I believe, for a while now. If anyone is stirring the pot, he is. Yes, I was ultra-sensitive to such things in the early days, but I'm proud of who I am now, and can handle with understanding and humor the mistakes of those who are actually trying.

He seems to be most upset that I don't hang out in the man-caves any more, I don't turn bolts with the guys, and I have let my airplane project languish. I'll admit that I have a hard time getting ambitious about working in the shop, but he seems to believe that if I don't adhere to the stereotype his brain has created for me, I am rocking the very foundations of the entire neighborhood. I told him flat out that the Steve he knew was a facade, that he is gone and will not be coming back, that Stephanie has replaced him, and that she is here to stay. If she choses to build airplanes - or not - that's up to her.

He's teflon. It rolls right off. For all his reasonableness and insistence that he bases all of his decisions and actions on logic, he is impervious to any new ideas that don't fit into his world-view. Otherwise he would be willing to absorb the facts that we all know concerning the physiological underpinnings of what we're dealing with. The fact that we have been born with brains - with absolute understanding of ourselves - with souls, if you will, that don't match the shell we were stuck within.

He is ever so calm, and if I get upset or raise my voice to make a point, I'm the one who's unreasonable. It's maddening.

Our "kids" play together (the dogs). We can fly together for breakfast (in separate planes), and we can be cordial as we run into each other. But as Michelle says, since he insists on being the one to define the parameters our friendship is based upon, with no consideration of my needs, I don't see how I can consider him a friend any more. I believe that his actions, no matter how well-intentioned he thinks they are, have alienated us to the extent that he has put himself into the "acquaintance" category. I'm sure he will consider me to be the unreasonable one for seeing it that way. So be it.

/vent

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

All is not dark and dreary in Stephanie-Land. In fact, life is pretty darn good, with some cool things happening.

HNT

Today was HNT day. This time I was properly prepared for hair removal "down south." Note that the surgeon I've been working with does not require hair removal, but conversations I've had with friends have me concerned that follicle scraping may not be good enough, with the consequences of internal hair growth later rather catastrophic. I find it interesting, though, that @warlockmaker says no surgeon in Thailand requires hair removal.

The last time I tried it was with my old electrocutioner, who used straight thermolysis. Even with numbing cream, the first time I was literally crying on her shoulder within ten minutes. I tried two more times, with it slightly more tolerable, but with the paper on the table drenched in sweat when I was done. Once I found this new surgeon, I gratefully gave it up.

With my growing concern, I wondered how different it would be with my new torturer. Today I gave it a shot. In 20 minutes she cleared the base of the shaft, and it wasn't pleasant, but certainly a lot more tolerable that the old method. The interesting thing is it apparently wasn't blend, since I didn't hold the ground probe. I think she called it the pulse method. I only know I heard three beeps, apparently corresponding to zaps modulated by her foot pedal. The pain level increases with each beep, but was never enough to blast me to the ceiling. It's something I could handle if I decided I really wanted to continue.

I intend to write the surgeon's office one more time to make sure they absolutely recommend not doing it. If I get assurances that it isn't necessary, I would rather spend all of the two-hour sessions on the face.

Speaking of the face, once we moved there, I fell asleep again...

Amazing Treatment

After HNT, I've developed the habit of going to the wonderful Hellas Restaurant in Tarpon Springs. This town was settled by Greek sponge divers, and the tradition remains. I saw a boat piled high with sponges at the docks. It is the place to go for excellent Greek food. For about the 5th week in a row I went to get one of the best gyros I've ever had. This week I had the same waiter I'd had last week. Jimmy recognized me and we chatted a bit when I ordered. I am just another woman customer to him, an he always calls me "miss." I had a wonderful lunch with friendly service as always, and Jimmy brought the check. I reached in my purse, and... realized my pilot certificate was in the airplane. Inside my wallet. Which contained all my credit cards and money. Back home. Glisten broke out on my forehead.

I called Jimmy over and told him the situation, keeping firm control of my voice. His eyes opened wide. I did have my phone and watch, and asked whether they could take Apple Pay (sorry Lauriana). He said he'd check, and walked off. In the meantime the glistening continued and I mopped my brow.

He came back a few minutes later to explain that he'd talked to his manager, told him the situation, and that "she comes here often..." and the manager decided to comp the lunch. O. M. G. How do you spell relief? I thanked Jimmy profusely, and asked him to thank his manager as well, all the while carefully monitoring my voice. I'm pleased to say it didn't slip despite the distress. I will be back next week, and will take the bill with me, along with enough for a generous tip.

I'm pretty proud that even under that kind of stress, I was just myself. No backsliding, presentation and voice intact. I guess this really is the new normal.

Pharmacy Visit

My route back home was to take me to the compounding pharmacy where I have my BLT cream made. Last time I was there on May 3rd, I had to ask the young man at the counter to change the name in their system from Stephen to Stephanie, and he turned all different shades of red. Surprise! Poor kid had never seen anyone like me before. This time, with the records matching me, the nice young lady didn't blink twice. It felt nice to just be myself.

Trivial Information

Just another night at trivia. Except this time we didn't miss a single question. We had a perfect score going into the final round, and were in first place all alone. We'd never done anything like it before. The final round had two questions, and you could bet any, all, or none of your points on them. We got the first one right... not the second one. And we'd bet it all. D'oh!

Which movie had the highest grossing opening weekend in the US: Toy Story 3, or The Hunger Games?

We went home in shame, but I was happy anyway. I had been treated as I should, other women held the door for me at the ladies room, and it was a good time.

A nice texting conversation with my BFF, venting and storytelling here, and, oh! I got a reputation bump for a silly statement over on Moni's thread. What a nice day. Now time for bed.

Stephanie

•  

Faith

I have shoveled a few into the acquaintance zone. You may try tamping it down a bit too. Who says that you can't walk the dog while all dolled up for a party? or for the beach :D

Oh, also, I'll have to come back after coffee to read your latest post. That's too many words for this early in the am. I caught the "All is not dark" and that's enough to schedule a re-visit.

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 25, 2018, 11:07:17 PMTo which he replied, "You aren't either."

I am sorry that that happened to you, Stephanie.

Back in the old Leave it to Beaver days that he longs for, that remark would have earned him a well-deserved slap in the face.  Unfortunately, these days, that would land you in jail.  I admire your self-control.

I would tell you what I really think of your neighbour, but that would probably be a violation of the TOS.  Certainly, he is not your friend.  He is worse than an acquaitance.  I would rate him as an enemy.  The purpose of the conversation was probably to put you on notice that he will be actively campaigning among your neighbours to undermine you.

You might want to pay close attention to your relationships with your other neighbours to notice any changes.  If you have neighbours who are particularly supportive, you might want to relate this incident to them.

----------

I am glad that all is not dark.  Enjoy your friendships.  Enjoy any HNT where you don't have to be scraped off the ceiling.  ;D

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

on to the important stuff

Quoteoh! I got a reputation bump for a silly statement over on Moni's thread
wait, what? a Rep Bump, I got nothing. I demand fair and equitable treatment. I demand .. nothing. I rarely look at rep. Oh, look, I have some. cool.

•  

steph2.0

Thank you all for tolerating my whining about the neighbor. Now set that all aside. I have the (second) best news ever!!

I have a date for FFS with FacialTeam!

At least I have a lot of time to plan for it. Waiting is the hardest part. It seems like it's forever away.

Uhh, no.

It's December 4th of this year. It'll be done for Christmas. These will be the best holidays ever.

I can't believe it. I'm overwhelmed. The thought that I don't have to see "him" in the mirror for the rest of my life has me in tears.

Time to dry up and start doing paperwork...

Stephanie

•