Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Snapchat giving false impressions?

Started by Ray123, May 13, 2019, 12:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray123

If or when I transition, I really hope I look this good. But with much better hair. I know it's fake and just for fun. But passing like that would be pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

•  

Bea1968

My boss was actually walking around today with his snapchat app doing pictures of most the crew like that.  The app really gets one wondering.....
  •  

CynthiaAnn

I think that's a very nice image (computer generated), and this app does set one to thinking when interacting with people online.

What's real and What's an illusion ?

Only speaking for myself, I like to post images that are real.

C -
  •  

Evienne

I think those filter things like Snapchat, FaceApp, or Photoshop if you're hardcore can be a great tool for seeing what you'd look like as the opposite sex whether it's just for fun or for reasons most of us experience.

However, I think it's a very dangerous tool as people are most likely abusing them badly already. Before this technology people had to actually have some skills at Photoshopping to try and cheat a look and now any teen girl with self esteem issues can do it with the click of a button. This isn't really a good idea for our society. We're only teaching our youth that you need to look perfect to be acceptable :/

But with my whole

aside,
that is a nice image representation for you.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

MeTony

Snap filters wrinkles. It removed all the lines in my face.

Tony
  •  

AnneK

I saw on the news last night that many are using a gender swap filter to see how they'd look as the opposite sex.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/men-using-snapchat-gender-swap-filter-see-really-like-woman-tinder-9508537/
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

MeTony

Here's a comparison. FaceApp to Snap. Snap is unrealistic.

https://imgur.com/a/1sBNyYv

Tony
  •  

AnneK

I just tried and I look worse than in photos when I was cross-dressed. :o
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

MeTony

I guess face app isn't as good on showing female faces. My female faces look wierd in face app. But the male version is much better.

Tony
  •  

F_P_M

looks like the male one only squares your jaw off...
which just makes me look like I have mumps lol.

Female turned me into some sort of overmade up airbrushed alien and made me uneasy.

Faceapp didn't do much better. Guy me is oddly distorted and their glam guy is hot for sure but definitely NOT me at all. It's too airbrushed and perfect and silicone.
hah.

•  

BeckyCNJ

As someone who has not been able to transition, both the FaceApp and Snapchat filters have been a wonderful gift to me.

I realize it is not exactly how I would look if I transitioned, but it gave me the first idea of what I would look like as a woman. There is enough realism that I could see a strong resemblance to my mother. My daughter also commented on the resemblance.

Of course, it would be much better if I could live real life as a woman but since that seems unlikely, the Snapchat filter is one place I can go to see me as I imagine myself to be.
  •  

Lexxi

Becky I'm in the same boat as you. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to afford FFS, but that's probably never going to happen. So I too took to Snapchat and took a whole bunch of pics. I have kind of a crappy phone though so they didn't turn out anywhere near as good as yours. I loved seeing what I would look if I were feminized.
Finally started the process of becoming who I really am on the inside! 5/20/19
  •