Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

any experiences using home IPL devices/systems

Started by snbab, May 16, 2019, 01:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snbab

I am considering purchasing a IPL. Is it worth getting one to save on Laser Hair removal costs?
  •  

AutumnLeaves

No. At home machines are very weak and will almost certainly never lead to permanent hair removal. If you want to permanent results, you need to see a professional with a medical grade high powered machine.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

The only thing those devices reliably and permanently remove is money from your wallet.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Dani

Some people claim that if you have very fine, dark hair IPL may give you some temporary benefit.

Laser is not thought to be permanent.
Electrolysis requires many clearings to get rid of all the dormant hair follicles.
Estradiol will decrease body hair except on the face and pubic areas.

In my experience, only electrolysis is truly permanent.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

•  

Faith

permanent is not in my immediate monetary plans. I did opt for an IPL unit. After one use I only had sporadic hairs on my legs to remove. I also have no armpit hair to pluck or shave after two zaps a week apart. My arms are being just a bit more stubborn, they are fewer though. The leftover few dark face stubble that I had is also gone (I'm mostly gray :( ).

These are all attributable to the IPL. Is it permanent? I don't care, it's easy enough to do it again. IMO, it was worth it to me.

ps, my wife used it on her armpits as well, now she doesn't have to shave hers either.

I'm not advocating, I am just sharing my experience.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

snbab

Thank you all for your replies.
Electrolysis is not within my near future. Big money and time investment. However it is long term goal.
I know the IPLs and Laser Hair will not be effective on my gray hair, even short term.
So for now, electric shaver while away from home in the truck, and good ol' shaving cream and blades when home.
  •  

VeronicaLynn

I have a Tria 4X, which is technically a home laser and not IPL.

It worked really well on the thick, dark, hairs I had on my arms and the trail in the middle of my chest and stomach. The finer, long, dark, hairs the rest on my stomach and legs not so much.

It's hard to say if it's permanent, but I've had very little regrowth on my arms since I cleared them about 2 years ago.
  •  

Bea1968

Two years plus is pretty darn good for not permanent.....

Bea
  •  

amandam

I have the tria too. I've gotten lazy with it. I used it for about one year on my fingers, toes, feet, chest. On my fingers, the hair is less than half what it was and finer. I could only stand a level 3. My chest hairs are fewer n thinner. The feet n toes r about the same. I think it would work well if I used a level 4 or 5.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

snbab

Since I am looking at a stop gap measure until I can afford electrolysis, I might try one of the ones on Amazon with 5 star rating for $99 or $119.
Either way will be a week or so before getting it.
  •  

Linde

I can talk only about the professional lasers.  They used them on the dark hair of my face, and not a sigle one came ever back.  The same with my pubic hair.  I am mainly free of hair down there and have no regrowth.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Danni98

I have used a Venus silk expert, I got lazy and stopped. Overall I would say I have 50% reduction in body hair so far. It didn't do anything for the face.
  •