Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

SRS with Dr Miro, what method?

Started by Cathy97, May 25, 2019, 01:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathy97

Haha I can maybe send you in a private message, or on like skype or something. I don't think they'd appreciate if i posted them openly
  •  

zlobnica

Yes of course. When u get pictures, we'll continue then on PM or skype or something:)
  •  

Cathy97

I'm trying to figure out how to add friends on this website, but it just crashes out
  •  

zlobnica

I added you now, did you get it?
  •  

Cathy97

•  

zlobnica

Oh then I added you only on my profile. Then visit my profile and click add a friend.
  •  

Cathy97

It says I'm not allowed in that section
  •  

Tamara Tilly

I guess there is a 4th method to add to the other three, which is what is sometimes referred to as a cosmetic vagina.

I know this won't be popular and will be dismissed out of hand as not truly female but, as with the other three, there are some pros and cons.

The pros:

Less complicated both during and post surgery
No dilation
Still sensate
Visually identical from the outside

The Cons:

Not a 'real' vagina as such (debate)
Penetrative vaginal sex impossible

I am slightly stuck in a mental block on this at the moment but I really don't want to cause any offence. Let me share my feeling at this moment, but please bear with me. It's this. For some reason I can't get over the idea in my head that a penile inversion vagina is a pouch. It's closed with, for example, no cervical opening to the womb. It needs daily regular dilation and isn't self-lubricating. It's basically inverted skin and therefore a closed system. Someone even once said to me she could have unprotected sex because HIV couldn't transmit through it as her vagina is essentially skin. That's NOT something I would recommend for a single second by the way. Just what she said.

For this reason I can really get the sigmoid colon vagina. You have it and, almost, forget about it. It's self-lubricating and (I understand?) doesn't need constant dilation.

I guess I'm wrestling with this as I'm returning to my true self and, some day, I will want to have the surgery. I'm lesbian and so penetrative sex isn't something on my mind. I'm quite tempted by the idea of a cosmetic vagina or sigmoid colon, but the latter is pretty invasive.

Just ruminations. Please forgive if any of this feels tactless. I'm searching for answers xxx
  •  

Tamara Tilly

Got to say that peritoneal vaginoplasty does sound quite cool. I like the idea of the menoplasty i.e. it turns into the same kind of vagina as a cis woman's:

<Youtube video "Peritoneal Vaginoplasty" with Dr. Sidhbh Gallagher>

I like the idea that it's not simply 'skin' but actually a type of tissue that transforms:

"The peritoneal lining changes to stratified squamous epithelium resembling normal vagina and having acidic Ph."
<nih.gov article, "New laparoscopic peritoneal pull-through vaginoplasty technique">

<TransHealth article, "Peritoneal Pull Through Vaginoplasty Procedure">

According to all of these sources, peritoneal vaginoplasty is self-lubricating and requires less dilation, less douching, less maintenance and more depth. It's also, obviously, less risky than sigmoid colon.

I'm interested.

<Edited by moderator - Susan's Terms of Service>
  •  

Tamara Tilly

Oh and presumably no requirement for electrolysis beforehand?!  ;)
  •