Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The New Years Outage and our Lost years

Started by Susan, January 01, 2024, 06:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

•  

Iztaccihuatl

No, I only have a popup window blocker enabled, but that shouldn't cause any issues. Is there any particular cookie that is required for this feature to work?
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

The SMF documentation mentions that the Like feature can be limited to specific member groups. Is it possible that I am not in the correct member group that has the Like feature enabled?
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 04, 2024, 12:57:33 PMNo, I only have a popup window blocker enabled, but that shouldn't cause any issues. Is there any particular cookie that is required for this feature to work?

Not sure, just an uneducated guess.  :laugh:

I'm going to call in the experts.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 04, 2024, 01:01:57 PMThe SMF documentation mentions that the Like feature can be limited to specific member groups. Is it possible that I am not in the correct member group that has the Like feature enabled?

It's possible, yeah. May be just an oversight. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be sorted in time. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 04, 2024, 01:01:57 PMThe SMF documentation mentions that the Like feature can be limited to specific member groups. Is it possible that I am not in the correct member group that has the Like feature enabled?

Let me do a bit of re-jigging with your membergroups. Tell me if you see the like button.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

EllenW

Quote from: Allie Jayne on January 02, 2024, 06:43:59 AMDavina, some of your Blog may be available at Archive.org.

Hugs,

Allie

Allie,

How does Archive.org work? I looked at that site and could not figure it out.

Thanks
Ellen
2018 - Full Time
2019 - Legal Name and Gender Change
2021 - MDV GCS with Dr. Ng (UCLA)
2021 - BA
2023 - PPT Vaginoplasty with Dr, Gupta
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Devlyn on January 04, 2024, 01:02:48 PMNot sure, just an uneducated guess.  :laugh:

I'm going to call in the experts.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 04, 2024, 12:57:33 PMNo, I only have a popup window blocker enabled, but that shouldn't cause any issues. Is there any particular cookie that is required for this feature to work?

Is the Like button there now?
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

Yes, the Like button is showing up now. Thanks!

Hugs,

Heidemarie
  •  

Jessica_K

Quote from: Devlyn on January 04, 2024, 01:47:41 PMIs the Like button there now?

Yes it's here now thanks.

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 04, 2024, 01:57:25 PMYes, the Like button is showing up now. Thanks!

Hugs,

Heidemarie

Quote from: Jessica_K on January 04, 2024, 02:02:53 PMYes it's here now thanks.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

Thank Susan!  :)
  •  

Allie Jayne

Quote from: EllenW on January 04, 2024, 01:39:40 PMAllie,

How does Archive.org work? I looked at that site and could not figure it out.

Thanks
Ellen

Ellen, I don't know how to use that site, but a friend was able to recover lost posts from another crashed forum. It was a bit hit and miss, but found some data.

Hugs,

Allie
  •  

Zoey Starr

It appears my profile was one of the ones that has been wiped out and I was forced to re-register. Is it posssible to lift the restriction on a certain number of posts before adding a profile picture? Or perhaps Danielle can verify that I have been on this site for years and lift the restriction based on that verification?

Or am I just missing the place to add a profile photo on the new site?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Masio6251

Susan

15 posts can go in no times. but there's no way to lift it without lifting the restrictions on actual new members.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Zoey Starr

So disappointing to have to start over completely. I'll have to think about it. Might be a bridge too far.
  •  

Zoey Starr

Quote from: Susan on January 04, 2024, 09:29:34 PM15 posts can go in no times. but there's no way to lift it without lifting the restrictions on actual new members.

I'm sorry but I would disagree with your premise. Most of the forum threads are over 4 years old and the discussions are inactive. There simply aren't 15 discussions that I feel I can add to that are relevant in 2024.

Perhaps you could do a temporary lift for a short-term window of time (7-10 days). This would make it easier for those who have been completely wiped out and have to start over from square one after years of participating on this site. This solution would minimize any disruptions to the site should a handful of ACTUAL new members slip through the cracks and post a profile pic before achieving the 15-post minimum.

This seems like a reasonable compromise that helps incentivize members who have lost all of the content they have provided to this site due to no fault of their own to stay. It doesn't make sense to make it harder on the members who have been contributing to this site for years to continue that support.
  •  

Susan

You've already made three posts and you're a newly returning member – that is a great start!

Have you introduced yourself in the Introduction forum yet, or interacted with other newly returning members there? Don't forget to participate in the Roll Call for Members, send birthday wishes in the Birthday Board, Also, consider reading, responding to, and supporting others in the Member Blogs, or share your own joys, trials, and tribulations.

Explore the forum using the 'unread posts' and 'updated topics' links at the top of the page, or the Recent Posts list on the main page. Another great way to engage is by creating and contributing helpful content for new or returning members.

Reaching 15 posts can happen quicker than you think!

If you're looking to add a profile picture, just message one of the staff members; they'll be happy to assist you in setting one up.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Zoey Starr

Quote from: Susan on January 04, 2024, 11:19:15 PMYou've already made three posts and you're a newly returning member – that is a great start!

Have you introduced yourself in the Introduction forum yet, or interacted with other newly returning members there? Don't forget to participate in the Roll Call for Members, send birthday wishes in the Birthday Board, Also, consider reading, responding to, and supporting others in the Member Blogs, or share your own joys, trials, and tribulations.

Explore the forum using the 'unread posts' and 'updated topics' links at the top of the page, or the Recent Posts list on the main page. Another great way to engage is by creating and contributing helpful content for new or returning members.

Reaching 15 posts can happen quicker than you think!

If you're looking to add a profile picture, just message one of the staff members; they'll be happy to assist you in setting one up.

I think you have missed the point.
  •  

Devlyn

Welcome back, Zoey! The Staff appreciates the thanks you've offered for all the hard work we're putting into getting the site up and running again.  :)

Everyone understands the disappointment of the lost data and having to start over again. If you post the picture you want to use as an avatar, myself or one of the other Staff members would be more than happy to set it as your avatar.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Mariah

Quote from: zoey starr on January 04, 2024, 09:32:09 PMSo disappointing to have to start over completely. I'll have to think about it. Might be a bridge too far.

I have no doubt many of your posts are possible to retrieve from the web. This would help you get the number up quicker. Secondly, You can support others and get the total up in no time. Another way that helps the site and its users is posting news articles. We never catch all the articles that are out on the web and don't require a paywall. Those are just some ideas and in addition to that you can tell us about you and where your at in your journey. As Devlyn mentioned, we would be more than glad to post the profile photo for you especially since isn't your fault. You can send the profile photo to one of our emails and we can get that taken care of for you. mariah@susans.org Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •