Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The New Years Outage and our Lost years

Started by Susan, January 01, 2024, 06:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Tills
Dear Tills:

Regarding you being able to post an Avatar/Profile photo immediately without waiting to achieve the 15 posting threshold...
I have already offered you a way to do that, HOWEVER as of now I HAVE NOT received any communication from you asking for
specific help getting your Avatar/Profile picture posted...

All you have to do is send the photo to my E-mail at northernstargirl@susans.org and I will immediately take care of that for you.
Please take a close look at the excerpt below from January 28, 2024 "Welcome Back" message that I posted to you on this thread.
Quote from: Northern Star Girl on January 28, 2024, 09:54:19 AM@Tills ....
Dear Tills ....
- - - - -
        {snipped text}
            - - - - - - - -
If you you have any questions regarding the Forum you can feel free to contact me.
NOTE: You won't be able to use the Forums Private messaging
or posting your Avatar profile photo until you reach the threshold of 15 postings,
so you can contact me via my Email at  northernstargirl@susans.org

I can also immediately assist you in uploading your Avatar profile photo if you wish to do that.
      - - - - - - - - - -

Here on the "new" rebooted Forum... our staff is working very hard to get things back up and running smoothly while maintaining our
refreshed and updated way that we are handling how we "Moderate" members.  Our hard working staff is not particularly thrilled with
your recent public postings that bombard us with your displeasure regarding your past "pre-crash" experiences about our policies that
you were not happy with.    As the old saying goes... "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"
All of that is "past history" so if you wish to discuss those issues, please do it privately with me via my E-mail.

Warmest Regards,
Danielle
[northernstargirl@susans.org]
The Forum Administrator

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org

cypripareunia

Kinda really sad that my update post is lost to time, but in the grand scheme of things, I was not greatly affected by this tech kerfuffle. Happy to still be able to see my first post, when I was still very baby, and seeing *just* how far I've come :)

E
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Susan

Tills

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on February 02, 2024, 10:17:28 AM@Tills
Dear Tills:

Regarding you being able to post an Avatar/Profile photo immediately without waiting to achieve the 15 posting threshold...
I have already offered you a way to do that, HOWEVER as of now I HAVE NOT received any communication from you asking for
specific help getting your Avatar/Profile picture posted...

Thanks Danielle.

Tbh, I just switch-off when I see all these multi-coloured mod posts. They cause my eyes and brain hurt because I'm light sensitive (migraine triggers). But that's a kind offer re. the avatar. Thank you. I'll wait until I reach 15 x posts but I do appreciate it. Thank you xx

ChrissyRyan

Susan,

Thank you and your Forum team for all of your work to get your forum back up and running.

Sincerely,

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 

LoriDee

I think I may have been one of those who was inactive and got tossed.  ;D
No one's fault. I was inactive due to various issues, ya'know... life.  Was homeless for a short period, but now in a new apartment and trying to reconnect (now that I have internet again). I had to create a new account, but I am pretty sure I remembered my username and just signed up again with (I think), the same name... or a variation thereof.  ;D
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Mariah

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 04, 2024, 12:44:09 PMNo, I use Apple's Safari browser on a Mac. Same behavior on Google Chrome and Firefox, so I don't think it is a browser issue. I do see the "1 person likes this" message, but no Thumbs-up/Like hyperlink. I checked the DOM and that element is just not there.

Tapatalk, btw, currently doesn't work at all. I believe SMF requires a plugin to enable Tapatalk which might not have been installed yet after the server rebuild.

I use safari and do see all the options that Devlyn showed you. I am more glad to help you troubleshoot it so we can make sure you are seeing everything you   Should be. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

Quote from: Mariah on February 16, 2024, 11:07:13 PMI use safari and do see all the options that Devlyn showed you. I am more glad to help you troubleshoot it so we can make sure you are seeing everything you  Should be. Hugs
Mariah

Thanks for your offer, Mariah, but the issue has been fixed. As I suspected, it wasn't a browser issue, but it had to do with group memberships and one's setting for the default group (I had joined the MTF Transsexual group, but that action also set that group to be my default group, which didn't have all required permissions. Changing the default group back to Registered Members fixed the issue).

Hugs,

Heidemarie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@LoriDee
Dear LoriDee:
Welcome back to Susan's Place and the Forum...  I see that you have already
re-introduced yourself on the INTRODUCTION subforum.  Click Link below:
  https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247394.msg2263918.html#msg2263918

There you will find my Welcome Message along with important information and helpful Links
that you should read to get updated on the updated guidelines of the Forum.

Thank you for finding your way back...
Warm Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator

Quote from: LoriDee on February 16, 2024, 10:22:12 PMI think I may have been one of those who was inactive and got tossed.  ;D
No one's fault. I was inactive due to various issues, ya'know... life.  Was homeless for a short period, but now in a new apartment and trying to reconnect (now that I have internet again). I had to create a new account, but I am pretty sure I remembered my username and just signed up again with (I think), the same name... or a variation thereof.  ;D

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Mariah

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on February 16, 2024, 11:59:30 PMThanks for your offer, Mariah, but the issue has been fixed. As I suspected, it wasn't a browser issue, but it had to do with group memberships and one's setting for the default group (I had joined the MTF Transsexual group, but that action also set that group to be my default group, which didn't have all required permissions. Changing the default group back to Registered Members fixed the issue).

Hugs,

Heidemarie
I'm glad you were able to get that figured out. Those kind of issues we have been working on since the site came back after the outage. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Diffidence

It took me so long to get above the 15 posts for a profile pic too, and now it's gone.  :icon_cry2:

Paypal still shows my subscription as active, so I hope that the donations are still going through. Is there somewhere I can post or ask to verify that the payments through PayPal are still going where they should?

Northern Star Girl

@Diffidence
Dear Diffidence:
A Warm Welcome back to the Forum after the New Year's site crash.  I am glad that you were
able to reactivate your member account. 
Be sure to read all of the other announcements that have been posted that will inform you of
what had happened and what changes, updates and new policies here on the Susan's Place Forum.

Please re-introduce yourself and let our members know of your return to the Forum and find your
way to the Introductions Forum to briefly tell all of the older and newer members about yourself.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Be looking for my very next posting on this thread where I will be assisting
you to take care of the two issues that you mentioned in your posting:
    -->  Your Avatar/Profile Picture
    -->  Your GOLD Subscriber Subscription

To refresh your memory and to make it easy for you to explore the updated rules and policies
be sure to look at the LINKS below.

You will not be able to send private Forum messages until you reach 15 postings so if you
need to contact me with any questions please message me via my Email
  alaskandanielle@yahoo.com

Again, a Warm Welcome back to Susan's Place and the Forum.

Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
Information that you should read

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

QuoteIt took me so long to get above the 15 posts for a profile pic too, and now it's gone.  :icon_cry2:

Paypal still shows my subscription as active, so I hope that the donations are still going through. Is there somewhere I can post or ask to verify that the payments through PayPal are still going where they should?

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Diffidence
Dear Diffidence:

Per the "Subscription Log"
I am seeing that you had a GOLD subscription that had expired .... 
    Go to the LINK below:
--> https://www.susans.org/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions

If your PayPal account shows that you have submitted current payment(s) please Email me a screenshot so
that I can verify the payment(s) and re-activate your GOLD Subscription...
...you will also need to give me the Start and End dates for your subscription.

Regarding your Profile Photo, you can Email the photo to me and I can reinstate your Avatar/Profile picture right away.

My Email is alaskandanielle@yahoo.com

I will expeditiously handle and solve those issues quickly once I receive your Email.

Warm Regards,
Danielle
  [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator

•