Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Jamie H's blog

Started by jamieh, January 05, 2024, 10:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamieh

Bummer everything was lost but probably not a bad thing as I overshared a lot in the beginning.

Northern Star Girl

@Jamie H
Dear Jamie:
It is good to see that you were able to get back on the Forum ...
....and that you were able to register for a member account after our "big reset" and crash.

I need to give all of our new and returning members our Forum rules and other information.
The site's Terms Of Service and other policies have been update, so please look over the
informative link carefully.

I will be eagerly looking forward to reading your blog thread as you share your thoughts and comments.
Warm regards, and welcome back
Danielle  northernstargirl@susans.org

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: jamieh on January 05, 2024, 10:32:02 PMBummer everything was lost but probably not a bad thing as I overshared a lot in the beginning.

Hey Jamie! Welcome Back!

It was great to see you hear over the holiday. Speaking for our friends, please come overshare more pinotage. Please.

I am sure you're going to make it a great year.

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jessica_Rose

Welcome back Jamie! I expect you aren't the only one who has found a silver lining in the recent blip. The site staff is working diligently to rebuild, and to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks for coming back.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Oldandcreaky

•  

REM.1126

•  

jamieh

A few exciting developments for me over the last week or so.

I've been very actively advocating for better healthcare benefits for trans people at my firm.  My firm has been a truly wonderful and supportive ally since I had a "soft" coming out nearly 2 years ago to just the Partners heading HR and DE&I, but once I came out fully last year the support has been overwhelming.  Even got a phone call from the CEO.  The ONE area they've been lacking is having decent healthcare for trans people.  They seemed genuinely surprised that the current plans were awful and expressed that they thought FFS etc was covered.  They began a long undertaking to explore moving to a "self funded" plan that would add additional coverages.

I'd been trying to stay optimistic despite my nature as a pessimist, my mind telling they're just blowing smoke and giving me the run around.  I'd emailed weekly for nearly a year now and kept getting "we're working on it and will let you know...."

Anyway, finally last week I had a Zoom call with one of the senior benefits people and he told me we now have a plan that is self funded and wholly in line with WPATH 8!  My FFS will be covered.  A BBL, Liposculpting, all hair removal, etc etc etc is all covered 100% in network and 70% out of network.  I broke down in tears on the call.  I am so grateful to work at a company like this, that puts its money where it's mouth is.....especially after the HRC completely shafted us on the Corporate Equality Index this year by handing out 100s like candy without so much as a promise to include WPATH 8 on any reasonable timeline.

Secondly, I was able to secure Erin Reed to come speak at my firm during a Price event my ERG will host.  If any of you follow her work, you know how valuable it is.  If you don't, you should.  Just google her name.

Anyway that's it for me.  Now back to this wild SoCal rainy day.  My town has had 8 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, no joke.  Naturally our CA 'leaders' will allow it all to flow to the sea and in 2 months we'll be under water restrictions again.
  •  

Oldandcreaky

QuoteMy FFS will be covered.  A BBL, Liposculpting, all hair removal, etc etc etc is all covered 100% in network and 70% out of network.

Whoa. This remains unimaginable for me, as I paid for everything. I'm so happy for you and it sounds like you worked for it, being persistent.

I agree that California should start yesterdecade on stockpiling the water you do get.
  •  

Maid Marion

Hi Jamie,

That is great to hear about the heathcare!

My former employer works very hard at obtaining healthcare insurance.  The former CFO came from the insurance industry so he had a lot of inside knowledge. Plus they work with an insurance consultant. Based on the stories I'd hear every year the year it took for them to get what they wanted is doing pretty good.  It shouldn't take that long but it does.

I had a lot of anxiety at the beginning of the in switching everything over to a new healthcare provider but it seems to have gone smoothly.

Marion
  •  

Brooke Renee

Hi Jamie!

Wow, it's been a hot minute since we chatted!  I am so happy to see you on the forum and I am looking forward to catching up.

That is amazing news on the insurance, a dream situation for a lot of us.  And you got Erin Reed to come speak, dang girl you are on fire!

I hope you and your Family are safe from the flooding and mud.  We're no stranger to these types of event up here in Seattle and Vancouver, scary stuff. 

Cheers,

Brooke
  •  

jamieh

sooooooo yeah quick update.  I'm exactly 2 months out from SRS.  Yikes, getting nervous.  I'm a huge surgeryphobe.  Never had so much as stitches in my life. I have no doubts or anything and am getting excited but surgery itself absolutely terrifies me.  I just try to remember I'm going to take a nap and wake up with a vagina :)

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

Thanks for the update. I have what I call "appointment anxiety". I get nervous whenever I have an upcoming appointment. My doctors call it "white coat syndrome" but it isn't limited to medical/dental appointments. If you and I agreed to meet for coffee, I would be a nervous wreck a couple of days beforehand.

Being nervous is perfectly normal, as you know. Since you have limited experience in having stitches or surgeries, it can mess with your mind. It is just fear of the unknown. Just relax and go easy on yourself. Like you said, you are going to sleep through the whole thing. Just imagine how wonderful your life will be once you have healed up!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@jamieh
Dear Jamie:

Wow.... this is very exciting news that you shared. 

I have noticed that since your return after the New Years site crash
that you have not posted a lot.  I am glad to see that you are again
updating and posting on your Blog thread.

Only as you feel comfortable sharing, please keep me and the rest of
your followers and readers updated as your surgery dates gets closer...
... we are all rooting for your success and happiness, and please
know that here on the Forum that we are your biggest fans.

HUGS, and more HUGS,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]

Quote from: jamieh on May 01, 2024, 06:10:33 PMsooooooo yeah quick update.  I'm exactly 2 months out from SRS.  Yikes, getting nervous.  I'm a huge surgeryphobe.  Never had so much as stitches in my life. I have no doubts or anything and am getting excited but surgery itself absolutely terrifies me.  I just try to remember I'm going to take a nap and wake up with a vagina :)
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Congratulations on your upcoming rebuild! Just a few tips...

1 - Surgery is easy, you'll be asleep.
2 - Never refuse pain meds, take them as prescribed.
3 - Stay off bicycles for a few months.

You got this.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Maid Marion

Hi Jamie,

Good luck with the SRS!

Marion
  •  

Gina P

Good to hear only 2 months to V day. Congratulations. I'm 6 weeks till mine and the nerves play havoc at times. Mine are more that I'm afraid of something stopping me from having it. I'm so looking forward to that nap then waking up to something I've always wanted.
Just curious, who is doing your surgery?
Mine is being done by DR Johnathan Keith.
Stay in touch and we can compare notes.
Hugs Gina or as Courtney likes to say.. soon to become Va..gina
  •