Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A day in the life of Jessica_k

Started by Jessica_K, January 02, 2024, 04:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

I have been on it once back in the 70s when it was still the old red clunky carriages, male privilege? not sure it existed that much in the country side where I was brung up as the men did as they were told by the women. Strong willed country women, watch your step!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_K on April 01, 2024, 09:10:38 PMIt's the London underground train network Chrissy, like the subway or metro and is a great way to get around London. Its nickname is the tube. It was opened in 1863 using steam trains and is the oldest in the world.

That is interesting. Is it true that beer is served warm in England?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jessica_K

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 02, 2024, 01:04:51 PMThat is interesting. Is it true that beer is served warm in England?

Chrissy

That is not exactly true, it's served not chilled. British beer has a lot of hoppy and bitter flavours that would be lost if chilled. However, the lighter lagers and blondes are chilled.

Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

LoriDee

That's what I like about German beer (in Germany). The correct temperature is "basement" temp, not "room" temp. I have found that even American beer tastes better if they stop icing it.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

davina61

One of the best pubs around here has a good cool cellar, I cant stand icy cold beer as it has no flavour to me.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Non-alcoholic beer seems to be catching on very strong in many parts of the USA.

Also ordered are a lot of "mocktails," which are not alcoholic.

In Europe a lot of house wine is served with many meals but it is not necessarily the better wines.  What you say about this if you are resident of Europe?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Is it true that a cola served in Europe is flat with no bubbles?

So if you want a cola similar to what you get in the USA, you must as for a "cola with gas?"  This may be true if the cola is served from a bar fountain and not from a can or bottle. 

Do the colas (same brand name of cola) taste the same in Europe and the USA if served directly from a can or bottle?

Chrissy
  •  

Jessica_K

Yuk, cola is disgusting. And TBH I think most people would agree 

In order to make it palatable it has to be chilled to remove its taste. I question here, anyone like cola when it lost its cold?

Give me orange flavours any time.

Jessica
Xxx

•  

davina61

I got a bottle of that bitter cherry flavour drink to take on the coach trip, what have they done to it? undrinkable. I like a well known in the UK blackcurrant but non in the shop when I wanted one.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Good water is my preferred drink. 

Chrissy
  •  

Gina P

I also prefer water and find cola distasteful now. But I have to have my coffee in the morning.
  •  

LoriDee

I have to have coffee in the morning. No more than two cups. Throughout the day, I drink only natural spring water. If you read the labels on bottled water, you will see that they add two main ingredients. They purify it using reverse osmosis which removes all the minerals. Pure water has no flavor so they add stuff to make it taste better. Potassium chloride (salt) and a bicarbonate which is a buffering agent so you don't feel full. Salt makes you thirsty, but with the buffering agent, you can drink more.

I drink natural spring water because it is purified but still retains all of the natural minerals like iron, magnesium and such.

I don't care for colas, but I do enjoy root beer now and again. I'm having one now.  ;D

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on April 03, 2024, 02:55:06 PMI have to have coffee in the morning. No more than two cups. Throughout the day, I drink only natural spring water. If you read the labels on bottled water, you will see that they add two main ingredients. They purify it using reverse osmosis which removes all the minerals. Pure water has no flavor so they add stuff to make it taste better. Potassium chloride (salt) and a bicarbonate which is a buffering agent so you don't feel full. Salt makes you thirsty, but with the buffering agent, you can drink more.

I drink natural spring water because it is purified but still retains all of the natural minerals like iron, magnesium and such.

I don't care for colas, but I do enjoy root beer now and again. I'm having one now.  ;D

Root beer can be good, plus it has no caffeine.

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

Mug of coffee first thing then its lemon green tea all day with maybe an Indian chai and ginger. No milk or sugar, I was put off milk by my teacher (nasty cow!) that made me drink warm milk when I could only just stomach cold. Should have puked it all over her----
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Chai tea can be very soothing.  I drink it hot.  I do not drink it with added milk.

Chrissy
  •  

Jessica_K

I do not drink coffee, tea is my favourite, generally English breakfast with milk no sugar, but rather partial to Darjeeling that I drink without milk.

Not a lover of water, but if I drink it it is either home filtered tap water or mineral water not this processed tap water by a well known American drinks company or other.

If I am in the US I do like a root beer too.

Time for a little moan lol
Every year this happens, the government increases the state pension on the 5th of April and every year I get paid on the 4th April meaning I miss out on the increase until next month. Grrr

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx

•  

REM.1126

I tend to drink beer in the summer when it is hot and humid outside.  I like Lagers, and I like them cold.  How cold?  Not frozen, but cool enough to make the glass sweet.  Drinking room temperature beer is like drinking room temperature coffee.

"[Y]ou are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other! So because you are lukewarm— neither hot nor cold— I shall spew you out of [m]y mouth!"   :)
  •  

Jessica_K

Done it......

This morning I filled in the information online and paid the £82.50.

Then printed off the docs letter and a bank statement. Added them to my original deed poll and my passport and placed them in an A4 envelope.

Off to the post office, paid £3.80 postage and posted it off...

Now the wait hopefully in a few weeks time I will get my new passport in my name and gender F.

Fingers crossed the documents are accepted and it all goes smoothly.

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_K on April 06, 2024, 11:12:50 AMDone it......

This morning I filled in the information online and paid the £82.50.

Then printed off the docs letter and a bank statement. Added them to my original deed poll and my passport and placed them in an A4 envelope.

Off to the post office, paid £3.80 postage and posted it off...

Now the wait hopefully in a few weeks time I will get my new passport in my name and gender F.

Fingers crossed the documents are accepted and it all goes smoothly.

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx

Jessica,

I hope it arrives safely and soon.

Chrissy
  •  

LoriDee

I am so happy for you!

How affirming is that to have a passport that identifies YOU the way that you identify yourself?
Hope it arrives very soon.

Hugs!

•