Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica_Rose

QuoteIn the end I only missed one Spiro tab as I took the E when I got back home. I did not need my purse as I have all my bank cards on my phone and I went jewellery bare for the day.

Hugs
Jessica

No jewelry for the whole day? I would feel naked! I used to keep some spare jewelry in my car, a simple set of earrings and an inexpensive necklace. It doesn't matter as much to me now as it used to, but I still hate going out without at least a little jewelry.

We all have bad days sometimes, when a bunch of little things go wrong. Years ago, that would have driven me into a rage, now it's just mildly frustrating. I'm glad everything worked out well.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jessica_K

I was not completely jewellery free, Jessica,  I have a couple of rings and a bracelet with a St Christopher and tree of life on it that I never take off. It was all my Kate Spade that I take off to shower that did not go on.

I was little annoyed with myself, but as I always say "I' ant end t' world" and "worst things happens at sea". I aways just go with the flow and tell my story to give people a laugh.

Hugs
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

davina61

When I go out if nothing else jewellery wise I were the ring mum gave me, thing is even if its off I can still feel its there.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica_K

There is an unusual pub in Welwyn Garden City called the Pear Tree. Outside and in it's just like any other pub. Small tables large selection of beers, darts board quite traditional. Ask at the bar and you can get the most authentic Indian food. There are many converted pubs that have been turned into Indian restaurants and many many pubs that do pub food. But I would say this place is pretty unique with its real pub atmosphere.

So why am I mentioning this well there I had a dish I have not seen or had before, Kurkuri Bhindi, or crispy okra in a chickpea batter. It is delish. I have bought a few of the ingredients yesterday, the spices, nothing special but I am limited at home and have my own stock as K's idea of Indian is a korma. and only a korma. How can anyone claim their mouths on fire with the slightest level of heat I do not know.

I will get the okra when I get back from my trip this week. I am off Sunday evening to sunny (not sunny) Chelmsford again tonight ready for Monday morning. I am back Tuesday night and WFH the next 2 days then to Welwyn Friday for another work social event. I am not going to mention what it is until later but it does involve a Domino's pizza.

G, Kay's son arrives today too with his 2 kiddies as it is half term and with C (his wife) recovering from a BA (replacement) it was though a good idea for the kids to visit us. I have not seen them for a very long time as I have been persona non grata at their place and K has been visiting alone. G does not like me trans, I will be spoken to as a bloke or not at all. It's only for a few hours and I am off to my hotel. My favourite is their diva of a daughter who last I saw said to me "you have boobies" poking them lol

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

Jessica_K

Little update. The kids are here, and have decided I will be me but in boy clothes. Actually going well, I did refer to myself as she lol, just natural lol

Jessica
Xxxx

•  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Jessica_K on February 11, 2024, 01:42:44 AMSo why am I mentioning this well there I had a dish I have not seen or had before, Kurkuri Bhindi, or crispy okra in a chickpea batter. It is delish. I have bought a few of the ingredients yesterday, the spices, nothing special but I am limited at home and have my own stock as K's idea of Indian is a korma. and only a korma. How can anyone claim their mouths on fire with the slightest level of heat I do not know.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

I had no idea that people outside of the southern US actually ate okra. My dad is the only person I know who likes it, but it must be fried. He says boiled okra is too slimy. He was born in 1931 and lived on a farm. They had electricity, but the lights were bare bulbs dangling from the ceiling. His mom cooked on a wood-burning stove. The only other source of heat was a fireplace. Using the bathroom at night required shoes and a flashlight (outhouse). Unless you preferred hunger, you ate whatever was served. Yep, the good old days.

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with your story, it just brought back some memories...

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

davina61

I have trouble finding Okra around here, they did have sliced frozen in Morrisons but I dont go there unless desperate. Should try the local farm shop, they have all sorts, butchers and a café . Might have some goat or mutton as well.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 11, 2024, 07:05:07 AMSorry, this really has nothing to do with your story, it just brought back some memories...

You very welcome to reminisce. Ok I was born a little later but I remember the outside loo, newspaper for loo roll. the tin bath by open fire My gran used a flat iron heated on the fire. Yes those were the days

Okra must be fried to remove all the sap or they are all slimy. I put them in my curries after cooking.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

Jessica_K

Last okra I bought was in the local Sainsbury. I hope they still have them.

Jessica xxx

•  

REM.1126

Okra is important to me in gumbo also, though I do like it fried by itself. 

Boiled is certainly slimy, but I like it anyway.  It does look quite alien (not of this earth).
  •  

davina61

Yes like alien drool from the movie !! I have quite a few curry recipes with Okra in them but fried crispy Okra is my favourite.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jessica_K

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 12, 2024, 06:58:44 AMHave a nice week Jessica.

Chrissy
Aww thank you Chrissy that's so kind and I hope yours is good too.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

REM.1126

I don't believe I have ever had a curry.  I don't have a context for your repeating reference, but, you are inspiring me to seek some out.  What would you recommend as a first taste?
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_K on February 12, 2024, 05:30:59 PMAww thank you Chrissy that's so kind and I hope yours is good too.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

Thank you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jessica_K

How old am I?

This is not so obvious that it seems. I have the day I was born and the difference between then and now is my age, 71. It's a number, but I also have the age my head believes I am, in my case my 30's.

But there is another number the age I look, probably in my 50's if you do not look too close and I have my makeup on.

And finally I have my second puberty age, which if you take 13 as the start then I am reaching 18.

Just thinking lol

So today I am in Chelmsford and had a very good day socially. Starting with a chat with the hotel manager who told me she was leaving for pastures new. Then a long talk with the waitress at breakfast we get on very well and we always have a talk if she is not too busy. Then another long chat with the evening receptionist about the weekend and Valentines Day.

It was the last talk that was the most interesting for its mundaneness. About nails as hers were very nicely done, about boyfriends, and then to my hair.
She said it always looks perfect like a film star lol which was a lovely complement but even more so of the realism of it being my hair, instead of a 4 year old wig.

I know it is not meant to last that long, but I found it has matured and looks more realistic now for its imperfections than when too perfect of new. I will need to change my hair style soon (buy another wig) but the current style is me.

Had, as part of my dinner at the Indian across the road from the hotel the hottest dish yet from them. The usual hot dishes are not hot on the Jessica scale but this side dish certainly blew a hole into the top of my head. It was a lovely surprise. It was a chilli Tarka dal (daal, dahl) containing green chillies and whole black chillies.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

davina61

I find the elastic goes in my wigs first then they move around just from coat collars rubbing against the hair. I keep the old ones to wear to my workshop but take it off and swop to a hat to work.
 There is a recipe in one of my books and if I remember right its called a 100 chilli, now I dont mind a good chilli burn but not that strong.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica_K

Back home and another change in the car, got veg burger and chips for dinner. Realised I had stripped my bed but no clean sheets as of course I have not washed them being away so in bed now on the under sheet and duvet. Will wash them tomorrow with the thousands of other things I need to do.

Keeping it short today need my beauty sleep

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

ChrissyRyan

I do not think I could do a presentation changeover in my car.
That has got to be a frustration to need to do so.

Hugs,

Chrissy
  •