News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A day in the life of Jessica_k

Started by Jessica_K, January 02, 2024, 04:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Jessica,

Your hairstyle looks nice on you.  Do enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Jessica_K

Jessica_K

Thank you Chrissy

I am eating my breakfast and have little time before going to work.

The Cass report was published yesterday and if implemented and current both major parties are keen, it defines the end of transgender care until the age of 25 and is aiming to ban all NHS care for everyone

It's Florida+

If fact the report is almost a copy of the report produced for DeSantis to justify the bans there. It dismissed 100+ papers that showed the effects of transition, then saying there is no evidence that outcome improve for all that have transitioned and hence should not be allowed.

This "independent" report commissioned by our anti-trans government of course produces the result they desired.

The most dangerous statement in the report is "there is no evidence that outcomes improve when the transition path is taken. That's the death nail.

We have a general election coming up soon maybe this year, and the current government is most be removed to be replaced by another anti-trans one.

What about a move to Scotland as the only part of the UK that has shown to be sympathetic, but thay do not have full independence and the general election is likely to shift a more anti-trans position.

I will not go on, but it's going to be dire. This is not the UK that so many had shed their lives to protect.

Hugs
Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Jessica_K

So they are now investigating the adult clinics obviously to shut them down too

Plus the government (via a "research study) now demands all the health records for those that have transitioned via the GID clinic (NHS for under 18's)

More from the DeSantis playbook.

Also the media is going after the private clinics to shut them down by peer pressure.

The UK is not safe for trans people

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

LoriDee

A mass exodus of transgender refugees moving to sanctuary cities in California. You could claim asylum.

I would move but I can't afford it yet. <sigh> {key word = "yet"}
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Jessica_K

What I find so bad is the I am very patriotic, for king and country. I am not deserting my country. My country is deserting me.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

REM.1126

Jessica, I am afraid that this is happening in every country that has been (if begrudgingly) at least somewhat hesitantly supportive of us.

I don't know what the actual facts are on how many are helped by transition, and by how much; but everyone here that has transitioned seems to believe it has been VERY positive.  So, that certainly helps shape my expectation as to a broader perspective.

I have seen some studies say that people who transition still have more problems than the cis-het average.  OK, so what?  Well, they read that as transitioning doesn't help.  That is like saying that you are in extreme pain and are given morphine, and now you are still in moderate pain; since the pain didn't completely go away, morphine is useless.  It would be an absurd position. If pain is unbearable, and doing something makes it bearable, it was worth the doing.

But, I can feel a reversal in the swing of the pendulum.  Things were improving, but I am afraid they are headed in the other direction.  To say that it is disturbing is an understatement.

Jessica_K

I know I aways seem to sound like the end is nigh but I am afraid it will be soon in the UK for trans people. Yesterday in parliament all sides of the house has agreed with the Cass report, so there will not be any pushback.

Trans youth will be forced to have conversion therapies with the long waited anti conversion law to have exemption for trans gender treatments.

The no evidence of good outcomes (because they were all rejected) will mean that adult services will soon also be forced to ban medical transition for adults too on the NHS with threats of licence removal for private clinics if they continue to prescribe as they have already done for under 25s.

The Uk is toxic for trans people and we do not have any friends in power nor anywhere else in the country to go. It's like living in Florida but we cannot leave.

At least for the moment they have not changed the law on gender recognition and my request for gender change on my passport has been accepted. I am now going to apply for my GRC, in hope that it will protect me in the future.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

LoriDee

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all my sisters over yonder. Hang tough.
All we can do is wait for the pendulum to swing in our favor. This too shall pass.

•  

Jessica_K

I have my passport with a F in the "Sex" box. Yay.

I have also had a endo checkup, all good and stable, however I requested a change of T blocker. I could not stand the side effects of Spiro anymore. She was happy to change to CPA.

I don't think it's prescribed in the US for its side effects on the brain, however that was because the dosages given were way too high. The very small amount of 1/4 of a tablet every 2 days is really effective and safe.

Now the spiro is out of my system I am a new girl.

On Thursday last, Kay and I went to a local concert. The Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra (professional) at the guild hall Portsmouth. A super evening out and ended up on Portsdown Hill at 10pm to get burgers from the 24/7 burger van on the hill. I of course had a veggie option. We sat in the car overlooking Portsmouth from the hill nashing our grub.

We are doing it all again next Saturday, where the BSO and BSO chorus are performing Carmina Burana. Back on the hill after?

Today we with our friends, are going to Arundal Castle.

Things at home are improving, I still have to be in boy mode, but it's far more in the open, even to the point of saying how I like that handbag etc. that in the past would have had a face of thunder. Little steps.

Hugs,
Jessica xxx

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Moonflower

ChrissyRyan

Jessica,

Do you know if the documents were accepted?

Chrissy

Quote from: Jessica_K on April 06, 2024, 11:12:50 AMDone it......

This morning I filled in the information online and paid the £82.50.

Then printed off the docs letter and a bank statement. Added them to my original deed poll and my passport and placed them in an A4 envelope.

Off to the post office, paid £3.80 postage and posted it off...

Now the wait hopefully in a few weeks time I will get my new passport in my name and gender F.

Fingers crossed the documents are accepted and it all goes smoothly.

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: Jessica_K on April 15, 2024, 08:20:56 PMYesterday in parliament all sides of the house has agreed with the Cass report, so there will not be any pushback.

My wife and I have been so focused on her recovering from her April 1 prostate surgery, we didn't notice The Cass Review until yesterday. So upsetting!!!!!

Finally, this morning, we found several great rebuttals. My favorite.

Such a relief to find like-minded people! Thank you everyone for being here, especially when such horrid events occur!
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
Fall 2018 my sweetheart's coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  

Jessica_K

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 21, 2024, 06:27:41 AMJessica,

Do you know if the documents were accepted?

Chrissy

Yes Chrissy all accepted and I have the new passport.

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: Moonflower on April 21, 2024, 06:47:06 AMMy wife and I have been so focused on her recovering from her April 1 prostate surgery, we didn't notice The Cass Review until yesterday. So upsetting!!!!!

Finally, this morning, we found several great rebuttals. My favorite.

Such a relief to find like-minded people! Thank you everyone for being here, especially when such horrid events occur!

It matters not the rebuttals, the damage is done, parliament has got what it wanted (and commissioned) and given it all the ammunition it needs to eventually shut down all trans care.

Jessica xxx

•  

davina61

Looks like its how you read it, on GCare FB site it says it depends on the bits that are quoted. If your on FB look it up as its a good news source.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LoriDee

Never give up hope. There are voices fighting it.

I was just reading an article that The EU is supporting LGBTQ+ rights and that would apply to all member states. I'll see if I can find it again.

"A parliamentary assembly was held for the Council of Europe to reaffirm its support for the protection of LGBTQ+ rights across EU member states, and to discuss an adopted resolution.

"The resolution, based on a report by Belgium politician Christophe Lacroix, condemns the continued attacks on the freedom of expression against LGBTQ+ people and brands anti-queer policies a violation of ruling by the European Court of Human Rights.

Source: Former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has shared a message of support for transgender people everywhere.

I didn't post it as a news item because I don't know if Pinks News is an approved news source.

Chin up!

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: LoriDee on April 21, 2024, 03:41:54 PMNever give up hope. There are voices fighting it.

I was just reading an article that The EU is supporting LGBTQ+ rights and that would apply to all member states. I'll see if I can find it again.

"A parliamentary assembly was held for the Council of Europe to reaffirm its support for the protection of LGBTQ+ rights across EU member states, and to discuss an adopted resolution.

"The resolution, based on a report by Belgium politician Christophe Lacroix, condemns the continued attacks on the freedom of expression against LGBTQ+ people and brands anti-queer policies a violation of ruling by the European Court of Human Rights.

Source: Former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has shared a message of support for transgender people everywhere.

I didn't post it as a news item because I don't know if Pinks News is an approved news source.

Chin up!

It would be good, but we are no longer in the EU and have no rights to go to a EU state, plus, there is a likelihood of the UK leaving the ECHR too if they go against the "supremacy" of parliament.

•  

LoriDee

Well, crap!
I did not know that.

Refugee status is looking like the only option. Isn't Scotland more open? It would be closer, and you would have to drink more. I think it's the law there. LOL

Duh, it is part of the UK. But I thought I read that their laws were different somehow.

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: davina61 on April 21, 2024, 03:35:43 PMLooks like its how you read it, on GCare FB site it says it depends on the bits that are quoted. If your on FB look it up as its a good news source.

It's not how we read it it's how the government reads it, and that has already stopped all medical gender care for under 18's, extended to 25 and looking into adult GIC's to do a hatchet job on them.

Sure it talks of providing timely care, but that care is to be mon medical conversion therapies, as it considers the main "cause" of being transgender is mental illness. It stops short of calling it a mental illness itself.

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: LoriDee on April 21, 2024, 04:42:34 PMWell, crap!
I did not know that.

Refugee status is looking like the only option. Isn't Scotland more open? It would be closer, and you would have to drink more. I think it's the law there. LOL

Duh, it is part of the UK. But I thought I read that their laws were different somehow.

Yes Scotland does have different laws, but it's still part of the UK and UK government can block any laws made in Scotland that it does not like.

The Scot's passed a law that was to allow change of gender easy without any medical requirement, just by declaration. It also allowed this to be for anyone over the age of 16.

The UK government evoked it using Section 35 of the Scotland Act.

BTW, pink news should be allowed as a news source.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

Here is some information for grants for surgeries that I found online:

https://jimcollinsfoundation.org/apply/

Criteria for selection is shown at the link above.

When is the deadline to submit applications?

The current grant submission deadline is August 15, 2024 at 11:59 PM EDT.

•