Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you ever wish you weren't trans?

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 02, 2024, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtney G

Quote from: ClaireBlooming on January 11, 2024, 09:21:09 AMSo many thoughful answers.  You all have reached a level of acceptance I can only dream about.  So far.  I just pray I get there someday.

Hugs,

Claire

So many realities start as dreams, Claire. I do hope you get to realize your dreams.

Pre-crash post count: >487
Pre-crash reputation: +10/-0
  •  

Sarah B

Hi ClaireBlooming

You said

Quote from: ClaireBlooming on January 11, 2024, 09:21:09 AMSo many thoughful answers.  You all have reached a level of acceptance I can only dream about.  So far.  I just pray I get there someday.

Hugs,

Claire

Claire, I wish you find all the peace that you are looking for.

Kindest regards
Sarah B

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  

D'Amalie

You and I, we have to be who we are.  It's not healthy to stay with a partner who can't, won't understand.  So, most of us find a middle ground and chill out.

Life is too short either way.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Sarah B

I only came to fully understand about my condition, when I was in my 50's and then it was only from a place called 'Susan's Place', a long time after my surgery.

Susan's Place is a place where one can learn and grow.

Kindest regards to one and all
Sarah B

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  

D'Amalie

Quote from: Gina P on January 11, 2024, 05:39:51 AMI defiantly wish I was not trans. I wish I had been born female. I love being female and really never found happiness as a male. As trans, perhaps I'm not a CIS woman but the longing and desires nor longer taunt me day and night. I don't have to hide who and what I am since coming out. I like the changes HRT has brought. I like the person I see in the mirror. I like not hiding anymore and the peace that came along with it. Being trans has been a huge source of pain most of my life, but excepting that is what I am and living my life as a woman has brought me great peace and joy.

I love, love, love this answer!  I hadn't thought of taking the question beyond the inference of "did you wish you could be happy as male."  At least that's what I read into the question.  Most of us get used to the idea of perpetual conflict, of all and sundry insisting that we are mentally unbalanced, or worse!  We tend to gird for battle or for tears.  I love the feeling of DEFIANTLY.

If others are unaccepting, it's on them.  We don't have the responsibility to settle our lives into their expectations.  I wish them the peace you and I found.
Thank you!
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Victoria L.

I am a lot happier after having transitioned.

However, don't take that the wrong way: It's not that I'm not happier than I was before (transition was a MUST, and there is absolutely no going back for me, transition is not the problem... Being trans to begin with is the problem). I hate being trans altogether. I always have. I just want to have been born the right sex to begin with. There shouldn't have ever have had to be a "transition", and even still that transition can never completely fill the void. To never be able to birth a child, it tears me apart in such a deep, hard to express manner.

I can only fix what I have the ability to. I am much happier than I have ever been in my entire life, but there is still deep grieving to overcome of what has been lost.

It sucks related to society, too. At this moment, I live in a deep red state and the government wants to take away what happiness I have been able to make. I am having to leave the state, my home since childhood, all of my friends, and a lot of family members. Another grief, but one that isn't necessary. There is no need for this cruelty, but alas humanity never learns. We repeat this cycle of cruelty over and over again. I can't understand. SMDH.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I wish I was born female.  But as I was not, no, I do not wish that I am not transgender.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •