Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

When did you know it was time to go full-time?

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 02, 2024, 07:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_K

@Sarah B

QuoteOk so I cannot claim full time I know, but perhaps a total reverse of many that cannot claim such. I am full time at work, with my friends and my side of the family. Whenever I am not with Kay I am fully out. This can include a couple of days to the whole week away for my work, only 3 days this week

What I mean is that many on the transition path that are not full time yet will be limiting their time out of the home, say not at work or not with friends. Whereas as for me Kay my wife will not accept me and hence I cannot dress as Jess at home or out together. I am still Jess in my head lol.

Jess Rose summed it up I crossdress as male at home, my gender is female.

I know 100% who and what I am done so for 5 years and really enjoy when I am away from home for work that I can get up in the morning get dressed makeup on and go out.

Hugs xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Jenn104

I believe the 'full time thing' is a moment often built up to be a huge monolith. In reality full time is an artificial construct, something I see as a leftover from outdated insurance company rules. What does full time even mean? For example, if I put on a comfy old sweatshirt that is "male" and been in my wardrobe since before hrt.. am I no longer full time?

There are definitely inflection points around how anyone chooses to present. I think transition is complicated enough that no one should worry about an artificial, ill defined construct that arguably insurance companies use to deny care. Maybe asking ourselves if we are trending in the right direction makes more sense.

just saying. now... back to my coffee.

Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_K on February 13, 2024, 05:25:53 PMWell as a lot of people know, I have my own version of full time. As full time as is possible.

Ok so I cannot claim full time I know, but perhaps a total reverse of many that cannot claim such. I am full time at work, with my friends and my side of the family. Whenever I am not with Kay I am fully out. This can include a couple of days to the whole week away for my work, only 3 days this week.

I went big bang as soon as I could after notifying work and was Jessica the following Monday some near 5 years ago. I did some dry runs and they were a bit daunting. Only a few weeks on HRT and no training or counselling I had waited 66 years I did not need anyone to justify my existence to.

I am very lucky not only to pass but to be stealth with my friends, and work.

I have only ever taken HRT, no surgeries yet to look at me you would think I had had SRS, no voice training, but I never stop talking. Friends, strangers, hotel staff always have something to say to someone, no hair removal but have no hair on my body apart from a where a lady should. Only down side of no hair is that it also means my head too, not bald but poor, thin and a lot missing. So it's wigs for me.

I had mastered most makeup before the bang but to this day I have not mastered eyeliner, I have no lower eyelashes and very short top lashes so get the best from eyeshadow and mascara. Now I can slap it on (subtle) in 10-15 mins in the car lol

So I leave it to the jury, am I honorary full time?

Hugs
Jessica xxx

Jessica,

I think you are full time. 

I do not consider myself full time mostly because I have NOT changed my legal name or sex marker. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •