Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How did you pick your name?

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 03, 2024, 07:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titan

In my opinion, you choose based on you feel, it's personal and only you can decide. You could always use a name generator. Maybe pick what you feel that fits your identity.

DDGCDTRANS

I was dennis donald and morphed into Denise Donna DD for short

FinallyTrans

I don't know why I just always loved the name Norah. It feels so like... flowy and feminine to me. I love how it roles off the tongue.

It's not even close to my previous name.

Robbyv213

I'm still unsure as to what my name will be. Apart of me wants to go easy and try for a feminine version of Robert. But I don't care for Roberta. Then I thought maybe Robin or Robyn since I have a good friend named Robin and funny enough her last name is freebird. Lol. So maybe I'll stick with names that have the same initials.

But apart of me wants something completely different and new. If I had to choose right now it would be Robbie or Robyn.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Justanother

An old school friend, Is a Katie.  At the time she was a close friend anything said in confidence remained so, I vividly remember her saying 'it's not a problem you not being like the other boys' maybe she saw something
  •  

Alana1990

I chose my name from a woman I know who has the same name. She's a very feminine, and attractive woman. Her name just seemed to fit me.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Chrissy and Christine are derivatives of Chris.  I am unsure if I complete transition if I will legally change my name in any way.  Maybe.  One day at a time.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Carla68

Hi All,

I added an a to end of old name

I changed middle name to another beginning with S so could keep my UK private car reg plate

Think mum would have called me Elizabeth but don't like it or names that can be shortened

Carla
Carla

Orchiectomy 28th July 2020
GRS 22nd June 2021
FFS 22nd June 2021
  •  

Robbyv213

I had come out to my mom about a month after my wife found out about me being trans (not the way I wanted to come out to my wife btw). So I feared that my mom would find out in a similar manner rather than me telling her. So I decided to come out to her and it went well. I wish I had a better reason to have come out to her other than this is how my wife found out and I didn't want you to hear it from anyone else before I got a chance to tell you myself. Lol

Anyways there has been a few questions I've been wanting to ask my mom since I have accepted I'm different and ready to explore this feminine side of myself that I've been trying to ignore and repress for so long.

One of these questions was if they had any names picked out for me if I was born a girl. Unfortunately she said no, that she knew she was having a boy and that they had only thought of boy names.

So the boy names were Robert, Mark or Micheal.

Robert won, and I go by Robby. But I never liked my name. I and always like Alex, or Mark. Never knew that I could have been names Mark and Mike.

I was hoping for more of a sign or resonance with one of the names and it's female version.

As of right now I still do not have my name yet. I am still Robby. I thought of maybe Robin, and know that I know about Michael, maybe Michelle. But again none of them really resonates with me, like yes that's it.

Next question I'll be working up to ask my mom is what her cup size was since I am 1 of 2 children and .y other sibling was another boy. So my closest female family member is my mother. I wanted to see as to what my potential is for breast growth since they say typically it's 1 to 1.5 cup sizes smaller than your closest female family member. I just don't feel it's all that appropriate for me to ask her that, and I know that's just a rule of thumb most use for hormones and breast growth, and that it probably is not all that accurate and to be taken with a grain of salt.
  •  

LoriDee

I have heard the same thing about cup size and there is something that people forget. Your DNA was passed down through many generations.

My mother, her sisters, and her mother all are very large-breasted. My father's sisters and his mother are all large-breasted. So I am thinking, "YES!" But no.

My great-great-grandfather was short and stocky. My great-grandfather was tall and thin. My father is tall and thin, as am I and my siblings. My cousins are all short and stocky, and the females are 50/50 between tall and thin or short and large-breasted. My son was short and stocky (taking after his mother and her family -- also large-breasted). My daughter takes after me and is tall and thin.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping I still have some growth left to do. But my other genetic indicators seem to imply that I will never be naturally that big.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •