Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Allie's Blog IV: Revenge of Allie's Blog

Started by imallie, January 03, 2024, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenn104 and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Oldandcreaky

•  

ChrissyRyan

We all have faults and limitations.  We should each have some good too.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

imallie

Therapy this morning. We are on a "when you need it" basis now... and Friday I texted and said "got any time next week?" and she is always accommodating.

What's funny is, after a few weeks of "me, me, me, me" where I feel like all I'm doing is trying to make everyone else feel better by talking about myself -- which should not make sense, by the way... it's very nice to just be able to reset a bit -- even if it does involve, you know, talking about ME some more.

I can do this with my wife, but she needs a break as much as I do.  ;D  We took this weekend off, and now this week is shaping up to be a big one, with "hair day" at the end of it which is another jump off another cliff, so it's always nice to have a place to go to get your feet squarely back on the ground first.

And I know there are people who want "answers" from a therapist. I get that. I absolutely feel my therapist gives me real, actionable, common sense advice. But mostly a good therapist is a sounding board. All those things you normally are bouncing off yourself in your head you can see how they land to someone with experience in this area... allowing you to gauge that reaction and course correct if need be.

So yes, big fan of the process of therapy.

Love,
Allie
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: imallie on Today at 10:09:56 AMTherapy this morning. We are on a "when you need it" basis now... and Friday I texted and said "got any time next week?" and she is always accommodating.

What's funny is, after a few weeks of "me, me, me, me" where I feel like all I'm doing is trying to make everyone else feel better by talking about myself -- which should not make sense, by the way... it's very nice to just be able to reset a bit -- even if it does involve, you know, talking about ME some more.

I can do this with my wife, but she needs a break as much as I do.  ;D  We took this weekend off, and now this week is shaping up to be a big one, with "hair day" at the end of it which is another jump off another cliff, so it's always nice to have a place to go to get your feet squarely back on the ground first.

And I know there are people who want "answers" from a therapist. I get that. I absolutely feel my therapist gives me real, actionable, common sense advice. But mostly a good therapist is a sounding board. All those things you normally are bouncing off yourself in your head you can see how they land to someone with experience in this area... allowing you to gauge that reaction and course correct if need be.

So yes, big fan of the process of therapy.

Love,
Allie

I love your therapist. With no reservations.

;)

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

LoriDee

I totally agree with the sounding board analogy. Sometimes our thinking becomes too focused. We get tunnel vision in our thoughts. A therapist can ask a simple question that makes you take a step back and re-examine from another angle, and maybe gain more insight.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •