Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jenn's Journey, Part 2

Started by Jenn104, January 03, 2024, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenn104

You are most welcome, Rachel. Well wishes are never amiss.

I wish I could remember who said, "Luck is the residue of design." I have dating in my list of goals, for example. I need to recognize I am swiping averse and put myself in social situations in order to find a date. I recognize there is work I have to do to move ahead in transition. If I don't put in the work, I am going no where.

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Jenn104 on January 12, 2024, 03:32:07 PMI ran into a provider a few days back. I told her "this transition thing.. you need three things-- resilience. a little more resilience. even more resilience. oh and umm more resilience". she chuckled. I am feeling its tough but doable. stay tuned.

Jenn!

Resilience wrapped in Hope for there is much to be hopeful about beautiful sister... Totally doable and in-line with that tagline they used to use for the Peace Corp... "The Toughest Job You'll Ever Love"

All Good Things To You Girl!

Ashley 😀💕🌻

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: tgirlamg on January 15, 2024, 05:05:24 PMJenn!

Resilience wrapped in Hope for there is much to be hopeful about beautiful sister... Totally doable and in-line with that tagline they used to use for the Peace Corp... "The Toughest Job You'll Ever Love"

All Good Things To You Girl!

Ashley 😀💕🌻

'resiliency wrapped in hope'. I like that.

Thanks!

I got this.

Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Have a great year this year Jenn!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 15, 2024, 08:15:56 PMHave a great year this year Jenn!

Chrissy

I am going to make it a great year.

thanks
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

imallie

•  

Jenn104

Quote from: imallie on January 16, 2024, 09:49:12 AMNo notes. ❤️

We make our own luck, thank you.

If you remember all the angst and tears health care caused me, from the lost years blog-- well, no more. Sixteen days into 2024, I've already overturned a failed prior auth (which failed a scant 6 days ago). Retroactively too. The retro part took a little extra work.

I decided the conventional wisdom for insurance is wrong. "Its just they way it works," is playing a game by their rules. I just applied common sense, nerve, and knowledge of what federal agency oversees our particular brand of insurance. Said insurer does not like me. They kinda sorta maybe mostly listen.

I dislike the brinksmanship but it is what it is. It is my life, my transition, and thank you I am way too resilient, way too strong, way too effing fierce to do less.

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Maid Marion

Hi Jenn!

Congratulations on getting that overturned!

Marion
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: Maid Marion on January 16, 2024, 11:09:38 AMHi Jenn!

Congratulations on getting that overturned!

Marion

Thanks.

writing up *how* is on my to do list. It just sorts down in priority...

~jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

imallie

Quote from: Jenn104 on January 16, 2024, 11:05:51 AMWe make our own luck, thank you.

If you remember all the angst and tears health care caused me, from the lost years blog-- well, no more. Sixteen days into 2024, I've already overturned a failed prior auth (which failed a scant 6 days ago). Retroactively too. The retro part took a little extra work.

I decided the conventional wisdom for insurance is wrong. "Its just they way it works," is playing a game by their rules. I just applied common sense, nerve, and knowledge of what federal agency oversees our particular brand of insurance. Said insurer does not like me. They kinda sorta maybe mostly listen.

I dislike the brinksmanship but it is what it is. It is my life, my transition, and thank you I am way too resilient, way too strong, way too effing fierce to do less.

~Jenn

Not to repeat myself, but...

No notes. ❤️

(Seriously, Jenn - determination is a really good color on you!!!)
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: imallie on January 16, 2024, 11:38:58 AMNot to repeat myself, but...

No notes. ❤️

(Seriously, Jenn - determination is a really good color on you!!!)

seriously Allie, thank you.

Why constrain myself to conventional wisdom?

;)

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jenn104
Dear Jenn:
I am so happy to read that you were able to straighten out your health insurance issues.
Determination, Persistence and Tenacity can be good personal traits...
Never Give Up, Never Surrender ::) !!!

HUGS, Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on January 16, 2024, 04:04:49 PMDear Jenn:
I am so happy to read that you were able to straighten out your health insurance issues.
Determination, Persistence and Tenacity can be good personal traits...
Never Give Up, Never Surrender ::) !!!

HUGS, Danielle

Thanks Danielle!

I am sure this is merely the latest round. I've learned to constantly ask questions and record answers. Get everything in writing. I've rejected the idea "it is just how insurance works". That is how insurance companies want you to think. Question everything and don't let up.

Just Sayin'

Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

TXSara

If it makes you feel any better (probably doesn't), my insurance declined my GRS pre-authorization, and now Dr. McGinn is having to get on a call with the medical director for the insurance company next week to straighten them out. 

What a joke. 

I'm lucky to have a surgeon who will go up to bat for me.  She isn't even billing the insurance company -- she's just trying to help me get my reimbursement.

~Sara
My Latest Blog Thread:  Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

•  

Jenn104

Quote from: TXSara on January 17, 2024, 05:59:12 AMIf it makes you feel any better (probably doesn't), my insurance declined my GRS pre-authorization, and now Dr. McGinn is having to get on a call with the medical director for the insurance company next week to straighten them out. 

What a joke. 

I'm lucky to have a surgeon who will go up to bat for me.  She isn't even billing the insurance company -- she's just trying to help me get my reimbursement.

~Sara

Heaven Above, I revel in no one's misery. Sorry to hear a 'you too'. I believe part of a national rep is being able to sort out insurance problems. I hope your problems are sorted quickly by Dr McGinn.

I advise documenting everything. Get everything in writing. Ask a lot of questions. Don't play the game by their rules. Don't trust them, ever.

Do you know if your insurance falls under self insurance or fully insured? probably the former, which would mean you have ERISA protections.

If it makes you feel better I am talking to my concierge later, about my next PA. I am hard core a problem for my health care provider; they are telling me different criteria apply from the plan documents.. stay tuned.

good luck.

Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

D'Amalie

One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Jenn104

I've had a busy few weeks. I am catching up on posts over the day. Life is unapologetically hectic. Being honest with myself I love it. No secret.

A quick or not so quick update--

The 'First Event' conference starts late this week. I consider last year's the real opening act of my transition. I regret my blog post from a year ago is lost into the New Year blog dust. Night and day over the year. Everything is different-- how I wear clothes, no more 'clown' makeup, the lady's room is not a mystery. Most important to me is I have multiple friends and friend groups to catch up with. Tranition is more fun with friends.

Health insurance did lose a round, for all intensive purposes anyway. The don't like me, I don't like them. Although I do like my current concierge. I feel sorry for her on some level. Once in a while, this week included, I ask something that forces her to say "I am instructed not to answer that question." Which is warped (and I've figured out easily circumvented). Next battle looming is bottom surgery criteria. I mean my insurance requires one year full time (not the latest WPATH SOC 8 six months). I argue the only meaningful thing to be found out between now and May is 'can I pull together a spring wardrobe'? 

Sunday morning yoga's has turned into one of the more fun transition things. The class is super-relaxed. I get a good stretch in. I get a boatload of mindfullness. I am invited to the post-class ladies coffee. Which is pretty sweet considering I stopped wearing my wig a few months back. It was a distraction.

I am a co-lead of the trans and gender diverse DEI space at work. The company is large enough so I have both a sizeable number of people who identify as GD and parents. I've been working with the rainbow parent space to start what we're going to call "connections". We're trying to figure out how to connect parents of trans/NB kids with other parents, focusing on 'new' parents. Like mentorship, just a slightly different focus. stay tuned.

Finally-- I've more or less decided I can do the gran fondo new york in may. 85 miles on a bike, starting on the George Washington Bridge looping through NJ and NY. Its an investment in time with a lot of opportunity to improve as a cyclist. There is a mental component to it, like any long distance thing. I figure anyone actively in transition ought to be mentally tough enough.

A good place to stop. thanks for reading.

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jenn104

Small add to the update--

Boston weather's been hovering in the upper teens and low twenties, farenheit for those of you overseas. I realized it is not cold. Rather it is summer for anyone like "Alaska Danielle". Like a good Bostonian I've leaned into ice coffee accordingly. Which only makes sense to Bostonians.

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Jenn,

I hope you enjoy this years's First Event conference.
Insofar as iced coffee goes, I hear that at Starbuck's that they sell more iced coffee than hot coffee, which surprises me if true.  I also heard that some baristas serve decaf coffee to rude customers!

You would not ever get the decaf as you are definitely not rude.  Rather, you are pleasant for sure, based on the reading of your posts.

Cheers! And have a nice Sunday and the week ahead.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 21, 2024, 03:09:37 PMJenn,

I hope you enjoy this years's First Event conference.
Insofar as iced coffee goes, I hear that at Starbuck's that they sell more iced coffee than hot coffee, which surprises me if true.  I also heard that some baristas serve decaf coffee to rude customers!

You would not ever get the decaf as you are definitely not rude.  Rather, you are pleasant for sure, based on the reading of your posts.

Cheers! And have a nice Sunday and the week ahead.

Chrissy

Thank You. I try hard to not be rude to people, period.

Bostonian's have a thing for iced coffee-- it'll be 10 below and you'll see a line out the door of Dunks for a large iced. Maybe its a self misperception we have, we love iced more'n everyone else? I dunno.

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•