Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jenn's Journey, Part 2

Started by Jenn104, January 03, 2024, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenn104

I posted about this in the blog that is now gone to the ether. So if I repeat, bear with me please.

I managed to get electric car founder guy's name taken off a conference room at work. We replaced it with Lynn Conway. Google her if the name is not familiar. She is trans and her story is amazing. I had my second call with her this morning. At 86 Lynn - and we are friends - is pretty darn remarkable. Smart, engaging, constantly teaching, eager to learn from me too.

Lynn Conway! My trans-idol. We plan on speaking again in a few months

"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

Northern Star Girl

@Jenn104
Dear Jenn:

Thank you for sharing this affirming and encouraging post and the pictures.
This is the kind of thing that our newer members that have not completed
their transition can give them hope for future success

HUGS, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Jenn104

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on March 22, 2024, 12:29:54 PMThank you for sharing this affirming and encouraging post and the pictures.
This is the kind of thing that our newer members that have not completed
their transition can give them hope for future success.

Thanks Danielle! Although full disclosure-- I am still a work in progress-- my transition is ummm in the middle. Past "just getting started" and before "the end is in sight".

Seriously though-- I feel a might fearless lately. I think of my own transition as a series of leaps of faith. I don't always land on my feet. I've  figured out a face plant is just a face plant. I pick myself up, hitch up my big girl panties, and right back at it.  If I can share anything, I am picking that. Push your own envelope, get out of your comfort zone. Then magic happens.

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

REM.1126

My religion doesn't allow me idols (though I understand the secular meaning of the word), but Lynn Conway is a person I hold in high regard.  I have great respect for her, and see her as a role model. 

What an incredible life.  What an incredible human being!  You are blessed to call her friend.  I am envious. 
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: REM.1126 on March 23, 2024, 12:34:00 PMMy religion doesn't allow me idols (though I understand the secular meaning of the word), but Lynn Conway is a person I hold in high regard.  I have great respect for her, and see her as a role model. 

What an incredible life.  What an incredible human being!  You are blessed to call her friend.  I am envious. 

Well said. There is hero worship going on, blind idolatry is extreme, religious convictions or not.

I admit after a few zoom calls, I see Lynn's flaws too. We're all flawed though, so that's cool. What I liked is we were both taking notes. She made me think about a few things. Pretty clearly I made her think a bit too. We're going to follow up in a few weeks.

Oh-- and really good for me-- she clearly could see my bike on the training stand behind me. We talked training, staying active, how we each got interested in the things we do to be active.

thanks for the gentle reminder Rachel,

Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jenn104

The pace of my life is a bit frenetic. I am kinda thriving on it.

My Sunday was something like up early, coffee, mini-yoga stretch, 40+ miles on my bike (indoors, on the stand), 6 hours of volunteer time, run to Mom to help her. A run to my sister to help her a moment. Voice practice. A late board call.. then nightly skin care and nails. THEN I got to relax. Relax being the code word for falling asleep on the couch.

The volunteer work was fascinating. I spent maybe 10-12 hours over two days checking people in for https://www.vincent-natasha.com/this-is-trans. Very fascinating work. A few things stand out -- (1) seeing the smile on a nervous trans kid and their parent(s) break out when they clock me. I don't mind being sussed out in the least. Adult role models, adults in public, are so important for these kids. (2) the exhibit is good stuff. Spending time with the artist in the exhibit a one in a lifetime thing. They are wonderful. We see the world through the lense of shared experience. (3) I indulged in my own photoshoot. Its photo-shoot based art. I got to model for a camera. For the first time in my life, I felt like I belonged in front of a camera, authentically. I heard the word "gorgeous" during the click of the camera and I felt gorgeous.

a good place to stop. happy monday.

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

Jenn104

I should not try this one from my phone but here goes anyway.

I sent my good wig out for a wash and styling. The wig lady (her official nickname. all my providers have nicknames) crushed it. Really crushed it. A good cis female friend at work noticed. I told her it's amazing, I think I am feeling pretty for umm like maybe the first time ever.

ever.

a very good moment in transition.

Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jenn104 on March 28, 2024, 08:17:24 AMI should not try this one from my phone but here goes anyway.

I sent my good wig out for a wash and styling. The wig lady (her official nickname. all my providers have nicknames) crushed it. Really crushed it. A good cis female friend at work noticed. I told her it's amazing, I think I am feeling pretty for umm like maybe the first time ever.

ever.

a very good moment in transition.

Jenn

Yay!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jenn104

- Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jenn104

HAPPY TDOV!

Happy Trans Day of Visibility.

I am celebrating by volunteering. I have a chance to help host a hangout for trans folx who have no place to go for what ever reasons today. An event labelled as an all ages place to be. I leapt at the chance.

Get out there, be happy and joyful. Celebrate! Today is our day.

Now.. off to get my yoga on (and get in a quick ride before my hangout).

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jenn104 on March 31, 2024, 07:00:40 AMHAPPY TDOV!

Happy Trans Day of Visibility.

I am celebrating by volunteering. I have a chance to help host a hangout for trans folx who have no place to go for what ever reasons today. An event labelled as an all ages place to be. I leapt at the chance.

Get out there, be happy and joyful. Celebrate! Today is our day.

Now.. off to get my yoga on (and get in a quick ride before my hangout).

~Jenn

Hope it turned out well for all participants.  Have you tried Lululemon?  A bit pricey unless you get a markdown for yoga pants.  I do not do yoga myself.  But I do relax.  Well, sometimes I do.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 31, 2024, 07:20:22 PMHope it turned out well for all participants.  Have you tried Lululemon?  A bit pricey unless you get a markdown for yoga pants.  I do not do yoga myself.  But I do relax.  Well, sometimes I do.

Chrissy

My body is changing so fast -- E and weight loss are both in play -- I really can't justify the price of Lululemon. My studio is pretty chill anyway and sweats, bike-style shorts, and yoga pants are all present on any given day.  I like both the mindfulness and the stretch.

I had a good day all around. Volunteer event went well. :)

Happy Monday

~Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jenn104

Mercury is indeed retrograde.

I've had an overscheduled few weeks. I will continue in 'sleep is optional' mode into late June. I not so secretly love it. Much happening here. Little time to write it all out, which I think is healthy for me.

Anyway. I am off to a legit long weekend with my daughter who lives in the path of totality in Upstate NY. I am looking forward to it.

Fun eclipse fact circulating here in the halloween capitol of the universe-- a full solar eclipse apparently calls for a blood sacrifice. Who knew? No idea if it is true, kind of a dopey fact floating that makes me laugh.

~Jenn
  -
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Heard there was an earthquake in the NY NJ region, centered about 50 miles west of NYC.

Hope you are okay if you in that general area now.

Chrissy
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 05, 2024, 09:49:54 AMHeard there was an earthquake in the NY NJ region, centered about 50 miles west of NYC.

Chrissy

I live just north of Boston. I didn't feel it. Someone I work with lives in southern NH, she reported she felt it this morning though.

Gina, Courtney, Emma all live in NY-NJ... hoping they are safe and ok.

- Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jenn104 on April 05, 2024, 10:25:37 AMI live just north of Boston. I didn't feel it. Someone I work with lives in southern NH, she reported she felt it this morning though.

Gina, Courtney, Emma all live in NY-NJ... hoping they are safe and ok.

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 05, 2024, 09:49:54 AMHeard there was an earthquake in the NY NJ region, centered about 50 miles west of NYC.

Chrissy

Jenn,

When I wrote that, I thought you were traveling from Boston through NY to see your daughter and I was hoping you were not impacted by the earthquake.

Chrissy
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 05, 2024, 04:28:13 PMJenn,

When I wrote that, I thought you were traveling from Boston through NY to see your daughter and I was hoping you were not impacted by the earthquake.

Chrissy

Kind of a dud here in Rochester. Too many clouds to see the sun.. although street lights came on and it got cold. Fun anyway.

Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jenn104

Apropos of Nothing Department

it is happy patch Wednesday and umm I feel errr happy. if you have to ask you will never know.

Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jenn104 on April 10, 2024, 06:49:09 AMApropos of Nothing Department

it is happy patch Wednesday and umm I feel errr happy. if you have to ask you will never know.

Jenn

I do not have to ask.  Have a terrific Wednesday Jenn!

Chrissy
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 10, 2024, 07:23:39 AMI do not have to ask.  Have a terrific Wednesday Jenn!

Chrissy

sometimes the sheer absurdity of how my mind works leaves me giggling.

You make it a good Wednesday too Chrissy.

Jenn
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•