Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Jenn's Journey, Part 2

Started by Jenn104, January 03, 2024, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoriDee

We will be rooting for you, Jenn!

I agree that you have the right attitude and mental toughness to get this done. Go, Jenn, go!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 13, 2024, 10:37:22 AMHave a great week Jenn!

Chrissy

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on May 13, 2024, 11:02:52 PMNever give up - that's the right attitude for an athlete!

I am sure you'll do fine in the race and no hills, leg cramps or whatever else you could encounter is going to stop you.

You got this, Jenn!

Have a great race!

Hugs,

Heidemarie

Thanks to you both and all the well wishes coming with me on a grand -er- type 2 fun adventure...

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jenn104

Well

The weekend is here. I am off to my cycling event which is Sunday. I am grabbing a pasta dinner w/ my youngest in Manhattan tonight. Tomorrow is in-person credentialing and pre-event carbs. Sunday I will be lined up on the George Washington Bridge for a 7 am start. Yeah, I am gonna get up mad stupid early (and frankly, it messes up the times I change patches and take spiro. its the trans life on that.)

My mentor/riding friend/security blanket is a last minute scratch. I am a gonna hitch up my big girl panties and get it done. She and I had a long call last night, to go over the my weekend and ride. I have a plan and its all about following the plan. Plus my legs. I have good legs.

Seriously-- I feel a nervous respect for the course. I am under-trained on hills. Group ride dynamics, a high speed descent, and a technical descent have my attention. Bitches get stuff done.

and on that.. I am off. Enjoy the weekend one and all.

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

Do you listen to music when you ride competitively or train?

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

davina61

Have a good time dear, I will run the hot bath for after !
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

D'Amalie

Of course you know this means war?!
Music is almost always going, especially in the garage!  I don't run anymore.
I like the bath and asper creme.

Like last week, I drove up to Montana (10 hours round trip)  just for the spectacular Aurora Borealis.
Music all the way.
Back 30 years ago, I'd run for hours with Pink Floyd on the Walkman.  Kind of difficult on the obstacle course though.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

LoriDee

Good luck, Jenn.
The Susan's Place Cheerleading Squad is rooting for you.

Hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •