Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Allie's Blog IV: Revenge of Allie's Blog

Started by imallie, January 03, 2024, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imallie

Quote from: Gina P on Today at 05:35:52 AMI remember when first coming out many would say "congratulations" which was nice but really its tough to sum it up in only a word or 2 how as how to respond. Someone this close, I would think a phone call would have been more personal but its an uncomfortable subject for many to speak about.
So glad all is going well Allie
Hugs Gina

A phone call, Gina? For this generation? You gotta do a whole lot better than a late-in-life surprise gender announcement to merit using their phones as a, you know, "actual phone" 😂

For example, when our son was in college, one evening we saw one of our cell phones ring and it was from him - we laughed "this has to be something serious!" And it was - he was calling to tell us that his kneecap was on the side of his knee. He was a javelin thrower on the track team, and at practice he'd just dislocated his knee, and he was calling us from the back of the trainer's flatbed truck as they were carting him off to the training room.

Even so, we speculated it was not a text because the ride was a bit too bumpy to type, and he begrudgingly made the call.

So yeah... texts are their phone calls. I've made peace with that long ago.

But also, thank you, things are going swimmingly. As well as I could have hoped. The best part is that I'm now making some headway through the manual.

Still probably on page 36 out of 1,000.. but it's nice to be turning some pages again.
  •