Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Courtney's life begins here, redux

Started by Courtney G, January 03, 2024, 09:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtney G

I've been checking in here (on Susan's) quite a lot lately. We're all trying to rebuild, restore and reconnect, and I like that. It has me thinking about the lurkers - people who pop on here are pore through the threads and posts, trying to understand their feelings. Many are looking for a "thrill", not fully understanding that it's likely driven by vicarious desire rather than a fetish. They wish they were a woman/man/nonbinary person, rather than the person everyone sees them to be.

For lurkers like I once was, who happen to dream of growing breasts and are wondering what it's like:

It's amazing. I absolutely adore my breasts. I love every minute of having them. I've had to struggle to hide them so far, but it's worth it. Without testosterone in my system, my response is different. It's no longer an erotic rush to look at them - to "experience" them. It's just a deeply satisfying thing. I used to check them out 20 times a day or more. 2 years into growing them, I probably check them out 5 times a day. I marvel at these miracles every single time. I don't miss the horniness that used to drive my desires, as it was tremendously confusing. I figured that if I still wanted to have boobs after losing my male hormones, then my desires were more than sexual. I'm happy to report that the desire is still there, along with many other feminine desires.

And you know what? Cisgender males don't constantly daydream about having breasts (or soft, hairless skin, or a pretty face, or whatever). While they might really want to get close to a pair, actually growing them on their bodies isn't much more than a passing thought. If you continually think about this stuff, you really need to consider the possibility that you're trans.

Pre-crash post count: >487
Pre-crash reputation: +10/-0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

davina61

True, I just wish mine had responded more! Right one has been tender for ages so got the doc to check yesterday, they are fine just the hormones. Trainee doc, she said breasts are funny things when I told here the full moon affects them.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

REM.1126

I am convinced that cisgender males would be horrified by the prospect of growing breasts.  I don't think it is even a passing thought.
  •  

Brooke Renee

Quote from: Courtney G on January 22, 2024, 06:24:51 PMAnd you know what? Cisgender males don't constantly daydream about having breasts (or soft, hairless skin, or a pretty face, or whatever). While they might really want to get close to a pair, actually growing them on their bodies isn't much more than a passing thought. If you continually think about this stuff, you really need to consider the possibility that you're trans.

Hi Courtney! 

Yeah, totally in the "you might be trans if..."  column.  Makes me think of several bread crumb moments that I had that were jumping up and down trying to get my attention before I accepted my identity. 
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Courtney

It's nice to see that you have posted again, I had been thinking of you and wondering what you was up to.

Quote from: Courtney G on January 22, 2024, 06:24:51 PMI've been checking in here (on Susan's) quite a lot lately. We're all trying to rebuild, restore and reconnect, and I like that.

I joined Susan's in 2010 after reading and watching about 'Jazz'. Up till then I had not been associated with the 'community' in any sense of the word.  As they say once bitten twice shy. Then after a couple of years of posting, the time had come to retreat into the woods.

Just recently, I have been writing down my history and since Susan's was a good resource of what I had done I came back only (after 12 years away from Susan's) with the intention of only lurking and copy the posts that I had for posterity.  However the vortex caught me and before you know it I was posting away again. 

The crash cost me my recent posts so no big deal I have the more lengthy ones on my computer.  So I can refer to them if I need to. After the crash I have gone berserk in my posts.

Quote from: Courtney G on January 22, 2024, 06:24:51 PMIt has me thinking about the lurkers - people who pop on here are pore through the threads and posts, trying to understand their feelings. Many are looking for a "thrill", not fully understanding that it's likely driven by vicarious desire rather than a fetish. They wish they were a woman/man/nonbinary person, rather than the person everyone sees them to be.

I understand where you are coming from, lots of views but hardly any replies or comments.  If there are new visitors they post a couple of help me questions and then disappear into the void never to be seen or heard from again.  You begin to wonder are they real, did they get caught posting, or were they trolling.  So do you answer these calls for help? Then it becomes a case of dammed if you do and dammed if you don't

Quote from: Courtney G on January 22, 2024, 06:24:51 PMFor lurkers like I once was, who happen to dream of growing breasts and are wondering what it's like:

I was never a lurker and the only time, I wished for breasts was in my late teens (18 to 20), probably just after leaving boarding school, or in my early twenties.  I believe the reason being I was going through puberty at the time (late bloomer I think) and to my utter despair I knew they would not grow, I was broken hearted to say the least and never really considered the lack of breasts since then.

Actually to be honest, my SO at the time said to me a handful is just enough (large A cup) , he sure knew how to sweet talk me. So I was smiling from ear to ear.  One of the problems with my breast is the left one tends to work its way out when I'm swimming, one time I was so embarrassed, when I got out of the pool my left breast was exposed and a male member discretely said to me you need to cover it up, oh the memories are so branded in my mind, so in competition I tend to wear two pairs of bathers.

Quote from: Courtney G on January 22, 2024, 06:24:51 PMIt's amazing. I absolutely adore my breasts. I love every minute of having them. I've had to struggle to hide them so far, but it's worth it. Without testosterone in my system, my response is different. It's no longer an erotic rush to look at them - to "experience" them. It's just a deeply satisfying thing. I used to check them out 20 times a day or more. 2 years into growing them, I probably check them out 5 times a day. I marvel at these miracles every single time. I don't miss the horniness that used to drive my desires, as it was tremendously confusing. I figured that if I still wanted to have boobs after losing my male hormones, then my desires were more than sexual. I'm happy to report that the desire is still there, along with many other feminine desires.

My breasts never defined who I was, they are a part of my anatomy,, they are now a C cup and they tend to reside near my armpits, maybe a little exaggeration and I tend to get rid of my bra after a hard days work.  How ironic you want to wear a bra in the earlier stages but later on you don't. Even my mum did not wear a bra often and sometimes I did hers up.

If I was to have any surgery done on them I would bring them together, so that I would have a little more cleavage.  I guess that's not being too vain is it?  No, my breasts are not my center of attention, to me downstairs is, where I get the most pleasure from. :embarrassed: :icon_redface: 

Quote from: Courtney G on January 22, 2024, 06:24:51 PMAnd you know what? Cisgender males don't constantly daydream about having breasts (or soft, hairless skin, or a pretty face, or whatever). While they might really want to get close to a pair, actually growing them on their bodies isn't much more than a passing thought. If you continually think about this stuff, you really need to consider the possibility that you're trans.

I agree about the males not wanting breasts, but want to handle them, I get that, I know so.  I waited so long for that first time and that memory is embedded so deep in my conscious, that to me it only  happened yesterday.

No, I never constantly thought about those things, that is I never was thinking about my breasts.  I was lucky, that they grew to the size that they are now and I knew they were growing when I was on my regime of HRT and yes I have a couple of stories about them.

So, from that I'm not 'trans' anything never thought about them, only rarely, as I keep saying I'm a female and my breast developed like any other prepubescent girl, I was never obsessed with them.

Best wishes and all the best for the future and let us know how well you are going.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
PS  My breasts were sore when they were growing but my memory is vague on this and it was so long ago.
PSS My breasts are natural!!
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Courtney G

Quote from: Sarah B on January 26, 2024, 09:10:58 PMIt's nice to see that you have posted again, I had been thinking of you and wondering what you was up to.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I was on the phone with Gina a few minutes ago and we were having a chuckle at the fact that we both figured "all of this" was just a fetish. I told her that for the longest time, I was pretty sure that *all* men dreamed of being women, that all men would rather be female. I thought it was just an extension of "really loving women." Apparently, I was wrong.

In other news, plans to present on the beach continue. I have two swim skirts, two bikini tops, a floppy hat, pair of sandals, pair of white-rimmed sunglasses and a button down shirt to wear over my top as I leave the beach (the custom on the island is to practice modesty when not on the beach). The idea that MY body could evoke some sort of reaction, that I have something that might be compelling to others, that there's something I need to cover up is just amazing. Having felt like I was less than zero for my entire life up to this point, it tickles me to feel this...this significant.

I continue to be very worried about this. But I can't wait to try. I want to sit under an umbrella on a beach, dressed as myself and just be.

On the partner acceptance side of this, I showed her my various purchases - didn't model them for her, just handed them over. We had a nice discussion about what colors would work together. It felt good.

My hair is growing, even the transplants. No more scabs. My hair isn't spiky any more - it's fuzzy. And I haven't shed any of the transplanted hairs yet. I'm waiting for that to happen. In a very low percentage of cases, the hairs don't all fall out. I'm praying for that, but not at all expecting it. One thing I've done to try to help is regularly massaging the graft recipient area in order to encourage blood flow. But I suspect the hairs will fall out over the next few weeks. Luckily, my hair grows quickly.

Gina P

Quote from: Courtney G on January 30, 2024, 11:52:31 AMI continue to be very worried about this. But I can't wait to try. I want to sit under an umbrella on a beach, dressed as myself and just be.
It's so amazing that most, if not all trans folks, just want to experience life as thier true selves. I hope you have the courage to enjoy you beach vacation. This is a huge step and I wish you all the best. Remember first steps are always a little shaky at first.
Hugs, Your friend Gina
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Courtney G

Courtney G

Hi. A bit of an update. Work (and the related travel) has had me really busy and our vacation, plus some other travel has me home for just 2 days between now and the first week of March. I've been in a bit of a slump lately, feeling fears, doubts, dysphoria - all of the same stuff I've been struggling with since I came out to myself.

Recovery from the hair transplant surgery is proceeding according to schedule. And that "schedule" includes shedding all of the transplanted hairs, so some have started to fall out. In rare cases, people don't shed and I was hoping I'd get lucky, but not expecting it. Maybe I'll hang onto a few of those hairs, but I doubt it. It's going to be several months before I start to look normal, let alone have longer, brushable hair, but that's ok. I've waited this long, so I can wait a bit longer.

Permanent facial hair removal continues. My last electrolysis appointments removed quite a bit of gray (and dark) hairs from my chin, but my skin was red and swollen for almost a week. Incredibly, no one mentioned it. I often wonder if people suspect that something is going on with me, but I'm not too worried about it.

I have quite a bit of apprehension about the upcoming beach vacation. It has occurred to me that I simply might feel very uncomfortable with dressing in a public space, especially in a bikini top. I've decided not to put any pressure on myself and to see how I feel when I'm there. Some trans people are so sure of how they want to be seen by others that they're willing to endure the discomfort, embarrassment or whatever other unpleasant stuff comes along with being a clockable trans person, but that's just not me. I wish it was.

There's a lot more I can talk about here, but I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Gina P

Sorry to hear about the shedding. I know we were hopping you would be spared this phase. Hang in there before you know it your hair will be down to your shoulders. I actually had a costumer ask me if I was wearing a wig yesterday. 
As far as your vacation, I'm sure you will find your path. Enjoy.
Hugs Gina
  •  

TXSara

Quote from: Gina P on February 08, 2024, 05:41:23 AMSorry to hear about the shedding. I know we were hopping you would be spared this phase.

Sorry, Courtney... nobody is spared that LOL.  Now, get ready for the 3 month+ freakout that you wasted all of your hard-earned money on absolutely NOTHING!  ;)   I promise it'll be OK!

Quote from: Gina P on February 08, 2024, 05:41:23 AMHang in there before you know it your hair will be down to your shoulders. I actually had a costumer ask me if I was wearing a wig yesterday.

That's great, Gina!  I agree -- 6 inches per year sounds really slow (and it is), but it will come and go a lot faster than you think!

~Sara
My Latest Blog Thread:  Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

•  

Jessica_Rose

TXSara beat me to the punch! While I'm hopeful the 'dreaded shed' will bypass me as well, let's face it -- the odds are rarely in our favor. However, 4 - 6 months down the road you will realize what a fantastic decision you made, and a year from now you may not even remember what your old hairline looked like.

Don't worry too much about being dressed in a public space, especially a beach. If it's a popular one, there will be many people wearing swimsuits that aren't appropriate -- but they don't care. Everyone is there to enjoy the sand and sun. If you're really self-conscious, just get a colorful, sheer cover-up. It will make you feel totally covered, even though you aren't. Have some fun!

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Courtney G

Thanks, Jessica. Here's a pic from a few days ago. If it grows back and fills in, I'll be very happy.

•  

imallie

Quote from: Courtney G on February 07, 2024, 08:07:33 PMHi. A bit of an update. Work (and the related travel) has had me really busy and our vacation, plus some other travel has me home for just 2 days between now and the first week of March. I've been in a bit of a slump lately, feeling fears, doubts, dysphoria - all of the same stuff I've been struggling with since I came out to myself.

Recovery from the hair transplant surgery is proceeding according to schedule. And that "schedule" includes shedding all of the transplanted hairs, so some have started to fall out. In rare cases, people don't shed and I was hoping I'd get lucky, but not expecting it. Maybe I'll hang onto a few of those hairs, but I doubt it. It's going to be several months before I start to look normal, let alone have longer, brushable hair, but that's ok. I've waited this long, so I can wait a bit longer.

Permanent facial hair removal continues. My last electrolysis appointments removed quite a bit of gray (and dark) hairs from my chin, but my skin was red and swollen for almost a week. Incredibly, no one mentioned it. I often wonder if people suspect that something is going on with me, but I'm not too worried about it.

I have quite a bit of apprehension about the upcoming beach vacation. It has occurred to me that I simply might feel very uncomfortable with dressing in a public space, especially in a bikini top. I've decided not to put any pressure on myself and to see how I feel when I'm there. Some trans people are so sure of how they want to be seen by others that they're willing to endure the discomfort, embarrassment or whatever other unpleasant stuff comes along with being a clockable trans person, but that's just not me. I wish it was.

There's a lot more I can talk about here, but I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Hey Courtney - sorry about the shedding! But I must say the coverage looks great, hopefully you're well on your way.

My wife and I were literally "talking hair" this morning. It's very much the first thing I want to really get into after we tell our son. It's my biggest issue.

But the thing you brought up that really hit home for me is the beach issue.

I feel you, completely.

We spend a lot of time at the beach in the summer... and I'm trying NOT to think about what this summer will be like, and how I'm going to handle it, mostly because that's future me's problem, not mine.

But the one thing I do know - everyone on that beach when you go will be paying attention to their own stuff, not you. You might get one second of their time. But you aren't going to be their focus. So just try not to make THEM your focus.

I know, easier said than done. But I figure if you can do it now... it'll make it easier for me to do it later. So... you know... I'm counting on you. No pressure. 😉😘

Love (and just kidding, of course),
Allie
  •  

Courtney G

Quote from: imallie on February 10, 2024, 09:12:30 AMHey Courtney - sorry about the shedding! But I must say the coverage looks great, hopefully you're well on your way.

My wife and I were literally "talking hair" this morning. It's very much the first thing I want to really get into after we tell our son. It's my biggest issue.

Thanks. Allie. As usual, your comments are insightful and kind. I hope you're able to sort your hair out - fortunately, there are more options now that ever before.

Regarding the beach, yeah, I'm trying to embrace that. My girlfriend (and other friends I'm out to) often tell me that people don't pay much attention to the things I'm worried about. Heading to a far flung place helps. I'll never see these people again. And there's a fair chance we'll find a beach that doesn't have ANY people on it. That would be nice. I keep trying to work through this, trying to get myself psyched up. But I think the best thing to do is to let it go for now, to be prepared for whatever my heart tells me when I get there and to go with that. And in general, the "future me" method isn't a bad one; it's a more zen approach, and it takes a lot of pressure off.

Being trans is quite hard.

•  

imallie

Quote from: Courtney G on February 10, 2024, 03:15:04 PMThanks. Allie. As usual, your comments are insightful and kind. I hope you're able to sort your hair out - fortunately, there are more options now that ever before.

Regarding the beach, yeah, I'm trying to embrace that. My girlfriend (and other friends I'm out to) often tell me that people don't pay much attention to the things I'm worried about. Heading to a far flung place helps. I'll never see these people again. And there's a fair chance we'll find a beach that doesn't have ANY people on it. That would be nice. I keep trying to work through this, trying to get myself psyched up. But I think the best thing to do is to let it go for now, to be prepared for whatever my heart tells me when I get there and to go with that. And in general, the "future me" method isn't a bad one; it's a more zen approach, and it takes a lot of pressure off.

Being trans is quite hard.

Yeah, I hear you Courtney. And I'm rooting for you! I know you can do it, based on the fact that you've broken through each wall successfully up to this point without issue... like a take-no-prisoners Kool-Aid Ma'am.  ;D

I'm still in a bit of a "trans bubble"... I broke through that first wall, telling my wife, finding all my docs and all that... and have made a real happy home here. But it's time to fly this particular nest.

Have fun at the beach! Can't wait to hear how great you do!

Love,
Allie
  •  

REM.1126

I am afraid that if I were on that beach, I'd look for more than a second.  I hope I wouldn't stare.  But, I think everyone here knows I wouldn't be looking in judgement.  It would be envy. 

My point is, if you see someone noticing, that doesn't necessarily mean they are feeling anything negative towards you.  They may be finding themselves jealous. 

Or, they may simply envy your ability to be yourself.  So many people live constrained by fears of social rejection. 
  •  

Courtney G

Day one report from the Virgin Islands:

I'm sitting in a beach chair. My current garb consists of women's swim trunks (pretty nondescript) and a long-sleeved blue Columbia fishing shirt over a black women's sport-style swim top. Prior to this, I had a purple and black TomboyX swim tank over the same top (can't wear just the tank without some sort of bra).

We went snorkeling an hour or so ago. I wore the tank top over the swim top. Going out of the water felt ok but coming out was scary, because the top was clinging to my boobs. I even asked my girlfriend how I looked and she replied "you look like you have boobs". I tried to wait until there weren't as many people walking by and I trucked from the water to our towels with my head down and arms pinned to my sides. Eventually, I took the tank top off (told myself that I wanted to give the top a proper chance to dry). I was sitting in a beach chair with a woman's sports top on. I could look down and see a bit of cleavage and I wasn't home alone doing it. Gosh, it felt so good!! Basic gender euphoria. Body positivity.

We're on the busy island for a couple more days, then we should have access to much more remote beaches. I fully intend to romp around with my bikini top. I want this so bad, to just be proud of who I am.

Quote from: REM.1126 on February 11, 2024, 05:24:45 PMI am afraid that if I were on that beach, I'd look for more than a second.  I hope I wouldn't stare.  But, I think everyone here knows I wouldn't be looking in judgement.  It would be envy. 

My point is, if you see someone noticing, that doesn't necessarily mean they are feeling anything negative towards you.  They may be finding themselves jealous. 

Or, they may simply envy your ability to be yourself.  So many people live constrained by fears of social rejection. 

That's very kind and insightful, Rachel. I'm SO used to completely fixating on trans people (out of envy) that I'm sure that the non-trans people on the beach are going to stare at me in disgust.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Jessica_Rose

I think we are the most concerned about what we look like. Our minds tend to create crowds with pitchforks, when in reality most folks won't look twice. Glad to hear that your trip is going well. Whatever you do -- have some fun!

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Courtney G, Sarah B

Sarah B

Hi Courtney

Just be yourself, walk normally and please have fun.  Jessica is right people will not look twice. Unless your boobs are showing :D  ;D

Again, please have fun, you are on vacation, yes?

Love and Hugs from down under where the beaches are much better.
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Gina P

So glad your enjoying yourself. Its 15deg here in NJ this morning. I hope you enjoy yourself. You deserve to be yourself.
Hugs Gina
  •