Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

Started by TXSara, January 04, 2024, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Yes O&C I had it easy apart from the big hematoma on the right hand side, made a mess when that burst!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

TXSara

Hi everyone!! It's a girl!! 🎉🥳

My surgery began at 6:30am this morning, and I was up in my own room for recovery at around noon.  I'm much more lucid than I expected to be at this point, which is both good and bad.  It's about 5:30pm local time now.

I still can't have food yet, but I'm tolerating it.  I can only have chips of ice until tomorrow at the earliest.

Right now, it still feels like an abstract concept. I know that the surgery happened, but the pains register as being located on my penis.  It's pretty trippy, and I imagine it won't fully feel "real" until I get a look!

Love you guys!  Thanks so much for the support and well-wishes!

~Sara
My Latest Blog Thread:  Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Maid Marion

Hi Sara,

Congratulations!  Hope you recovery quickly!

Marion

Jenn104

Doing a happy dance for you here.

Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

Sarah B

Hi Sara

I'm so happy and over the moon from the good news that you have arrived on the other side GIRL!

Remember as much as you can, even write it down in your cell.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, love and hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: TXSara

Oldandcreaky

Quote from: TXSara on February 20, 2024, 04:24:18 PMHi everyone!! It's a girl!! 🎉🥳

My surgery began at 6:30am this morning, and I was up in my own room for recovery at around noon.  I'm much more lucid than I expected to be at this point, which is both good and bad.  It's about 5:30pm local time now.

I still can't have food yet, but I'm tolerating it.  I can only have chips of ice until tomorrow at the earliest.

Right now, it still feels like an abstract concept. I know that the surgery happened, but the pains register as being located on my penis.  It's pretty trippy, and I imagine it won't fully feel "real" until I get a look!

~Sara

You're lucid and posting? I'm amazed. I look forward to you eating tomorrow.

TXSara

Quote from: Oldandcreaky on February 20, 2024, 04:41:55 PMYou're lucid and posting? I'm amazed. I look forward to you eating tomorrow.

You and me both, sister!! 😂

~Sara

•  

Oldandcreaky

I wish eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns for you. OJ and coffee on the side.

In-and-Out burger, fries, and shake for lunch.

And seared scallops and asparagus for dinner.

Northern Star Girl

@TXSara
Dear Sara:
The planets were aligned for you....  congratulations on your surgery and
wishing you speedy recovery efforts.
Hugs and more HUGS,
Danielle

It's a GIRL!!!!!

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single

Sarah B

Hi O&C, Danielle and Sara

Outstanding replies O&C, Danielle and Sara are you walking straight away?  Then that's one better than me!  Take it easy please.

Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1991 Surgery.

TXSara

Quote from: Sarah B on February 20, 2024, 06:24:30 PMOutstanding replies O&C, Danielle and Sara are you walking straight away?  Then that's one better than me!  Take it easy please.

Oh, HECK no!! 😂  I'm not even allowed to move my legs yet.  Nurse says that I'll probably try to stand tomorrow, though.

~Sara

Jessica_Rose

I would avoid the exercise bike for a few days...

Welcome to the other side of life Sara. In a year or two you won't remember any discomfort, just the joy of finally getting that birth defect corrected. Sleep well, sister.

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Sara

Quote from: TXSara on February 20, 2024, 06:46:28 PMOh, HECK no!! 😂  I'm not even allowed to move my legs yet.  Nurse says that I'll probably try to stand tomorrow, though.

~Sara

Thank god you are not allowed to move your legs apart ROFLMFAO!!!  I'm very sorry, truly really sorry.  I told you I would be with you in spirit.

Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  

imallie

Quote from: TXSara on February 20, 2024, 04:24:18 PMHi everyone!! It's a girl!! 🎉🥳

~Sara

Love you Sara! Congrats! Now just rest up so the rest of your life can start as soon as possible - the world awaits your reemergence!!

Love,
Allie

P.S. I know, sometimes, when people have certain kinds of surgeries... they make requests through the pathology dept to ... you know.. get their tonsils, appendix, etc... preserved in formaldehyde.  Just wondering... 🤔😂
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Allie

You said:

Quote from: imallie on February 20, 2024, 08:21:23 PMP.S. I know, sometimes, when people have certain kinds of surgeries... they make requests through the pathology dept to ... you know.. get their tonsils, appendix, etc... preserved in formaldehyde.  Just wondering... 🤔😂

In this day and age people tend to reuse, things.  I'm sure that thing was used appropriately.

I'm going to leave before things become a problem.

Take care, best wishes and  hugs.
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  

davina61

Just dont ask for meatballs for dinner!! They made me get out of bed the next day and walk to the bathroom when things started to work again, catheter is annoying !
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Gina P

So glad you are feeling well. I'll be down Thursday afternoon possibly with Courtney if she can get away. "How about I bring the horses for a trail ride??" Just kidding of course. My doc said expect 3 months till I can ride again. Message me with hospital address and room # if you get a chance.
Congratulations again and speedy healing.
Hugs Gina
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: TXSara

Brooke Renee

Hi Sara,

I hope this message finds you recovering comfortably, or at least as comfortably as possible.  We are all so happy to see another one of us make it to the "other" side safely, you are an inspiration to all of us who yearn to one day undo the cruel humor the cosmos played on us. 

I know the affirmation extends WAY beyond the expansion of clothing options but that said... bring on the yoga pants and cute undies!   ;D

Warm Hugs Dear Sara,

Brooke
  •  

Oldandcreaky

Quote from: davina61 on February 21, 2024, 05:08:17 AMJust dont ask for meatballs for dinner!! They made me get out of bed the next day and walk to the bathroom when things started to work again, catheter is annoying !

One time a poster at Susan's said that because I transitioned so long ago, my experiences are less relevant. While I considered that position to be dismissive, when I read comments like Davina's, it rings true. You left the bed and peed the next day, Davina?!?

I was still semi-conscious the next day and wouldn't pee on my own for a week and that, as I already shared, was painful and iffy. I'm glad it's easier today for all y'all, but to be frank, I'm envious. Of course, I had to pay every penny of my surgery too. Sigh. 
  •  

Sarah B

Hi O&C

You said:

Quote from: Oldandcreaky on February 21, 2024, 06:49:05 AMOne time a poster at Susan's said that because I transitioned so long ago, my experiences are less relevant. While I considered that position to be dismissive, when I read comments like Davina's, it rings true. You left the bed and peed the next day, Davina?!?

I was still semi-conscious the next day and wouldn't pee on my own for a week and that, as I already shared, was painful and iffy. I'm glad it's easier today for all y'all, but to be frank, I'm envious. Of course, I had to pay every penny of my surgery too. Sigh. 

Well one day that poster will be old and they will be less relevant.  I'm not here to talk about that person.  You are not alone in your experience, I have similar one to you, but not the full extent.

I like others, I had a catheter in and would not be able to pee by myself until a week later, virtually on the eve of going home, no pee, no home.  I still had trouble peeing for about two weeks after virtually none.  the reason being, I was having hot showers to relieve the pain (I was never worried about the pain) and hot showers makes one dehydrated and I was not drinking very much, therefore no peeing.  After that revelation, I became a peeing expert.

Like you, I also had to pay for my operation lock stock and barrel, it cost me about A$10,000 dollars in Feb 1991.  The proverbial no insurance for this type of operation.  I would still pay for it today just to get it done and over with as soon as possible.

There is more to this story but you along with others will have to read about it in 'Sarah's Race to SRS Part II", I have given out too much at the moment, but I did not like to see O&C standing in the corner all by themselves. Hence, me telling you, 'you are not alone'.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
@Oldandcreaky
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1991 Surgery.