News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

Started by TXSara, January 04, 2024, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah B

Hi Sara

Just to let you know that I'm thinking of you and I hope you are feeling better than you have been.

Enjoy the company that is coming your way, you deserve all the attention you can get after your epic journey Wild Ride.

It's not over, by along shot, you have many years ahead of you and it will be an Epic Ride.

Please look after yourself and 'please do not walk home', why did I say that?  All will be revealed in good time.

Love you heaps, take care, look after yourself and savor this moment in time.  I did and I'm so happy I did.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
@TXSara
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: TXSara

davina61

No I had the catheter in till the day before I left so 5days. It was the bowel movement I was on about. Wishing you a swift recovery dear and the same lack of pain I had (just discomfort) Took me 3 weeks to get comfortably mobile and about 6 months for everything to settle in if I remember correct.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

TXSara

Quote from: Gina P on February 21, 2024, 05:36:10 AMMessage me with hospital address and room # if you get a chance.

Here's the info!

Capital Health-Hopewell
1 Capital Way
Pennington, NJ 08534
Room 4135

~Sara
My Latest Blog Thread:  Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

•  

TXSara

Quote from: Sarah B on February 20, 2024, 06:24:30 PMSara are you walking straight away?  Then that's one better than me!  Take it easy please.

No, I'm pretty much bedridden.  I DID get to stand up for a few minutes a little earlier, and I think they want me to get up a second time later today.

My catheter won't come out until Monday.

~Sara

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Gina P

Looks like Courtney and I will be down late this afternoon for a visit. I hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling the best that can be expected. Till then.
Hugs Gina
  •  

EllenW

Sara,

I have been away for a few days, so I am catching up. Congratulations on your surgery may you have a speedy recovery.

Ellen
2018 - Full Time
2019 - Legal Name and Gender Change
2021 - MDV GCS with Dr. Ng (UCLA)
2021 - BA
2023 - PPT Vaginoplasty with Dr, Gupta
  •  

TXSara

Quote from: Gina P on February 22, 2024, 05:39:40 AMLooks like Courtney and I will be down late this afternoon for a visit. I hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling the best that can be expected. Till then.
Hugs Gina

Cool!  I'll make sure I'm all gussied up LOL!  Or not...  y'all are getting au naturale Sara today!😉

~Sara

•  

Jenn104

Quote from: TXSara on February 22, 2024, 11:57:47 AMCool!  I'll make sure I'm all gussied up LOL!  Or not...  y'all are getting au naturale Sara today!😉

~Sara

I kinda have to ask how long you in for? do you get time off for good behavior?

"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

TXSara

Quote from: Jenn104 on February 22, 2024, 12:11:52 PMI kinda have to ask how long you in for? do you get time off for good behavior?

I get out of the hospital tomorrow, but it definitely isn't based on good behavior!  I have been quite sassy!

I'll be at a B&B in New Hope starting tomorrow afternoon.  I'll be there until the following Friday.

I got up and walked twice today, had my first "#2", and started back to eating.  I'm still on liquid diet, but at least I can have soups and oatmeal!  Tomorrow should be solid food I hope.

~Sara

•  

Oldandcreaky

Gosh, Sara, I'm surprised anything solid came out since nothing solid has gone in! I'm glad you're going to a B & B. It's so hard to sleep in a hospital. And I'm glad you walked today too. Walking is so important.
  •  

davina61

Had my first normal meal same day as the op, not that I could eat a lot.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

TXSara

Quote from: Oldandcreaky on February 22, 2024, 04:38:03 PMGosh, Sara, I'm surprised anything solid came out since nothing solid has gone in!

I think this was from my oatmeal breakfast, and none of it was "fully formed" LOL.  It counts, though!

Pain is a lot worse today because they're weaning me off the good drugs.  Bummer.  Sleeping may be difficult tonight.

~Sara

•  

Jenn104

Quote from: TXSara on February 22, 2024, 05:45:21 PMI think this was from my oatmeal breakfast, and none of it was "fully formed" LOL.  It counts, though!

I love your honesty. I didn't really need to know but I love the honesty of the post.

~Jenn

BBQ tomorrow, right?
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

REM.1126

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Get well, and start living your best life.
  •  

Gina P

It was so nice seeing you again Sarah. Even on your back you look marvelous. I'm so happy for you and I must admit I'm a little envious. Makes waiting for my surgery all the more tedious. I hope I didn't bore you with all my endless questions. There is much I want done to my body and you are the only one I am close to that has went through to the other side.
What a day though Courtney was to call me when she could leave, then the ATT network went down, resorted to Emails but the phone issue was resolved in time. Got to the hospital and there is a fire alarm going on. Fire and rescue trucks all over the place. Must have been a false alarm since they let us in. 
Fast healing sis and I hope to see you again before you depart.
Gina
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: TXSara

TXSara

Thanks, Gina!  It was wonderful getting to visit with you and Courtney yesterday!  Keep the questions coming, sis —- I can only speak for my own experience, but that's better than nothing, right?

Thanks again for the cute little teddy bear and the "birthday" balloons!  You are very sweet and thoughtful.

Hopefully Dr. McGinn's PA will be in pretty soon.  I'm holding off on ordering breakfast because I expect her to let me eat for real!

~Sara

•  

Oldandcreaky

SOLID! Who cares if it's hospital food as long as you don't drink it!
  •  

Nadine Spirit

Yay! So happy to hear that things are going well in your first few days of living the vagina side of life. Enjoy!

TXSara

A quick update...

I was discharged from the hospital around 2pm.  We are now staying at Gaia House, a bed & breakfast in New Hope that is very close to Dr. McGinn's office.  I'm on strict bed rest, only getting up to go to the bathroom.  I have a post-operative appointment with Dr. McGinn on Monday morning.

The pain comes and goes.  I have been given some Hydrocodone + Acetaminophen pills that I can take every 4 hours, and I literally count the minutes until I can take the next dose.  I end up feeling pretty good for 3 out of every 4 hours.  By the time the next dose is allowed, I'm hurting pretty bad.

I'm also a little concerned about some bleeding that just started.  I think I overdid it on the car ride + having to walk upstairs to our rooms.  I'm going to monitor it, and hopefully it stops by tomorrow.

Fingers crossed...

~Sara

•  

Gina P

Ah, your first period.:o  I'm sure the car trip must have been excruciating. Good that it was only a couple of miles. Hopefully the bleeding is nothing serious. 
Hang in there girl. You will be back to dancing before you know it. 
Wishing for a speedy recovery.
Hugs Gina
  •