Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Photography

Started by Devlyn, January 05, 2024, 09:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'Amalie

Fantastic!  Living the dream.  Nice coat too!

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on January 25, 2024, 04:40:31 PMIt is COLD out there...
...I am all bundled up and face and head covered.

minus -45 deg(f)  -43(C)

One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly

Iztaccihuatl

With the right lighting even a steel mill can look beautiful.

•  

Jessica_Rose

This web was only about three inches across. It love how it looks with the morning dew...

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on January 05, 2024, 09:07:26 AMI just shoot with my camera, but I know we have lots of photographers on the site. Let's see your work!

Hugs, Devlyn

Heron on the Norfolk Broads

What I find interesting in this photograph is that the is a bird in the foreground and in the background there is a bird painted on the hull.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 27, 2024, 07:37:46 AMWhat I find interesting in this photograph is that the is a bird in the foreground and in the background there is a bird painted on the hull.

Chrissy

That's exactly why I took the picture...it made me happy.  :)

BTW, this was taken from inside an awesome pub, the Ferry Inn of Horning.

Hugs, Devlyn

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 06, 2024, 09:43:15 AMHow about something electrifying!

Our house in Colorado was on the side of the hill, and we had an awesome view of the front range of the Rocky Mountains. I was able to take several nice photos of lightning while we lived there.

Jess,

This picture is interesting as I have seen lightning hit near the ground when I was not far away.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 06, 2024, 10:19:02 AMThis White-Marked Tussock Furry Horned Caterpillar (Orgyia leucostigma) was hiding on a rose:

The white-marked tussock is a yellow and black furry caterpillar that turns into a giant brown moth. The spiny caterpillar is identified by its red head and tufts of yellowish hairs on a yellow and black body. You'll also notice long black spines sticking out of the body. This unusual fuzzy caterpillar measures 1.3" (3.5 cm). The white-marked tussock larva is a stinging caterpillar due to its urticating hairs that can cause allergic reactions in humans.

I think I will avoid this stinger for sure. 
Sometimes I see green caterpillars on my tomato plants.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 07, 2024, 02:58:14 PMGreat Sand Dunes NP, Colorado.

Walking on sand dunes can be difficult. 

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 07, 2024, 07:06:20 PMAn old hammermill in Upper Austria.

Now this is a place that I would like to visit some day.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 07, 2024, 07:09:04 PMImpressions from the Head of the Charles Regatta in Boston, MA.

BTW, I love that 6mph speed limit sign on the bridge, knowing that they are all coming down the race course at 12mph...

I have heard that there are many bridges in Europe over rivers and many are quite low to the water.  This means at times there is little or insufficient clearance for river boats to pass under when the river level is high.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on January 19, 2024, 10:19:58 AMHere is an older one, from 1995. Sunrise over the Gulf of Mexico, seen from the crater rim slightly below the summit of Mt. Citlaltepetl (Spanish name: Pico de Orizaba) in Mexico.

This photograph is awesome.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: EllenW on January 19, 2024, 11:43:55 AM

A view from, 12,000 feet of Denali, the highest peak in Northa America.  Based on how cold it always is at Danielle's home I think she lives somewhere on this mountain. FYI, this picture was taken last July.

Ellen

Ellen,

Mountains do provide much gorgeous scenery.  Nice photo!

Chrissy
  •  

Brooke Renee

It's that time of the year when I am ready for sunny days and pretty flowers.  Spring is just starting here on the west coast so we do have some things blooming.  The crocus and daffodils are nearing their moments to shine so I guess we are close.  But we are a long ways away from the Dahlia bloom which are favorite subjects.  Here's one from last season that brightens a dark January day. 

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Brooke Renee on January 28, 2024, 09:38:17 AMIt's that time of the year when I am ready for sunny days and pretty flowers.  Spring is just starting here on the west coast so we do have some things blooming.  The crocus and daffodils are nearing their moments to shine so I guess we are close.  But we are a long ways away from the Dahlia bloom which are favorite subjects.  Here's one from last season that brightens a dark January day. 

Very nice!

Chrissy

ChrissyRyan

I like these "off directly transgender" topics too.  It is not that our directly transgender related topics are not important, as they certainly are. 

It is just that I and likely most of us have a variety of other interests that have nothing to do being transgender.  While we may also go elsewhere for these non-transgender topics it is nice to share out here.

For instance, you ladies who posted images here in this topic sure have a talent for photography.  Thank you all for posting some of your great photographs here.

Hugs,

Chrissy

Brooke Renee

•  

Iztaccihuatl

Today's entry is a little bit sad. Don't get me wrong, the pictures are great, it is just the message that they convey that makes me sad. Last year I was in Austria and visited the Hohe Tauern National Park, including the observation platform at Franz-Josefs-Höhe to have a look at the country's highest peak and its longest glacier. It wasn't the first time I was there, I have been there a couple of times, the last time prior to last year's visit was in 1996. I took a picture back then and another one last year from the same vantage point. And what a difference. I really was shocked and wasn't prepared at all for this. While in 1996 the glacier ended well below the observation platform, in 2023 there was a lake and the end of the glacier was much much farther away. I knew that the glacier has been receding, but never imagined the enormous rate until I saw it by myself. If one of the longest glaciers of the Eastern Alps can melt away and recede that much in just 27 years, I don't know what is in store for us in the next 30, 50 or 100 years.

Please see for yourself:

1996:

2023:
  •  

Brooke Renee

After months of rain I found the sun this morning over Puget Sound. 

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Brooke Renee on January 29, 2024, 10:44:43 AMAfter months of rain I found the sun this morning over Puget Sound. 

Wow.

Really beautiful!

Chrissy

Zoey Starr

I've been doing a lot of B&W Photography these days...

•