Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Gina's journey

Started by Gina P, January 06, 2024, 09:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gina P

One of the sales reps from a company I do business with called last night. I had asked the company to add Gina as a user to the web site and change from Greg to Gina on the return emails. The first words were welcome and the usual glad to have you. Then, "what happened to Greg? Did he leave the company?" I would have cringed at the conversation a year or more ago. Now I find it fun. I said yes, he's gone! To which I got the reply, "Oh". Then after a long pause, I just said he became Gina, to which I got the, "Oh I understand". This man has been my sales rep for over a year and never reached out to me. Now he wants a meeting to discuss ways to increase business.  Next I will have to get the picture of myself or of "that guy" changed to my picture.

My scissor lift has been giving me trouble so we pulled the motor off, ordered a brush kit and with a little cleaning of the commutator and some usual trial and error was able to replace the brushes and the lift works better than ever. And saved a lot of money on a new motor. 

Just another day in the life of Gina.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Gina P on March 13, 2024, 05:56:08 AMOne of the sales reps from a company I do business with called last night. I had asked the company to add Gina as a user to the web site and change from Greg to Gina on the return emails. The first words were welcome and the usual glad to have you. Then, "what happened to Greg? Did he leave the company?" I would have cringed at the conversation a year or more ago. Now I find it fun. I said yes, he's gone! To which I got the reply, "Oh". Then after a long pause, I just said he became Gina, to which I got the, "Oh I understand". This man has been my sales rep for over a year and never reached out to me. Now he wants a meeting to discuss ways to increase business.  Next I will have to get the picture of myself or of "that guy" changed to my picture.

My scissor lift has been giving me trouble so we pulled the motor off, ordered a brush kit and with a little cleaning of the commutator and some usual trial and error was able to replace the brushes and the lift works better than ever. And saved a lot of money on a new motor.

Gina,

It is good to make the right connections for you with others, and this can be satisfying and appropriate.

Good going on making the motor work better. 

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Gina P
Dear Gina:

"What happened to Greg?" !!!!
I am certain indeed that you will have a "fun" conversation.  ;D
Your answer to the sales reps was perfect and it would be interesting
to see the look on the sales rep's face when you replied.

Thank you for keeping your Blog thread updated for me and the
rest of your avid followers.

HUGS, Danielle

Quote from: Gina P on March 13, 2024, 05:56:08 AMOne of the sales reps from a company I do business with called last night. I had asked the company to add Gina as a user to the web site and change from Greg to Gina on the return emails. The first words were welcome and the usual glad to have you. Then, "what happened to Greg? Did he leave the company?" I would have cringed at the conversation a year or more ago. Now I find it fun. I said yes, he's gone! To which I got the reply, "Oh". Then after a long pause, I just said he became Gina, to which I got the, "Oh I understand". This man has been my sales rep for over a year and never reached out to me. Now he wants a meeting to discuss ways to increase business.  Next I will have to get the picture of myself or of "that guy" changed to my picture.

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

imallie

Such a perfect reply, Gina!!

So many ways you could have gone inadvertently off-base with that, and opened up a whole different discussion.

Even if you'd just said: "Greg is no longer with us" you 100% would have had that guy calling 1-800flowers and trying to compose a thoughtful card! 😂

So, I am in awe of your deft touch. Makes me certain the meeting will go great!

Love,
Allie

Gina P

It was another beautiful spring day here in NJ yesterday, 76deg. I had to go to the store so I dressed in turquoise shorts and a butterfly pattern T shirt. Added some butterfly earrings and a butterfly bracelet, turquoise sneakers, even wore a anklet. I had  few stares from mostly the older women. One just stopped mouth open and looked me up and down. I smiled in return. Its great to feel good in my skin.
  Courtney and I are planning on attending the Keystone Trans conference next week. Should be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it. A few of the members from my monthly trans group are doing talks there, and many will be attending. Should be an fun day.
Gina
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: Gina P on March 15, 2024, 06:04:41 AMIts great to feel good in my skin.

That says it all. I am super happy when I see that.

Happy Keystoning. Conferences can be a blast.

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Gina P

A very good friend came over last night. He needed some work done on his truck. We had grown up very close and always considered ourselves brothers. Anyway, he says do you really think you are a woman? I had to think hard about how to answer that. I finally said ,"my mind is a woman's". And the conversation went on "do you think that's why you always were so aggressive?" Seams he remembers me wanting to fight anyone growing up. I remember never fitting in and always being frustrated with being 'me'. Being in an abusive household didn't help but being trans and not being able to tell anyone was a real (female dog). 
   It's nice to talk with old friends and remember how far I've come. The peace of mind and love I feel now. Yes there are still good and bad days but no where as low on the bad days.
  Well its another beautiful spring day and my horse needs me to get out and be with nature.
Gina out.
PS: I would post more pictures but since the big crash it just way to difficult. I can change my avatar pic with a few keystrokes but need an app to post a pic in the forum?
  •  

LoriDee

Pics on the forum are hosted elsewhere. You can get a free Imgur account. Upload your pics there. Then use the BBC Embed code to post it in the body of your text.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Gina P

Went trail ridding yesterday. The trail was The Pebble trail and the pebble was probably 20 feet tall. Amazing amount of boulders just strewn around the woods. Rode over 9 miles so I'm a little sore today.
Trying in earnest to loose some weight before my surgery. Weight rose to 202. Cut way back this week and lost 5lbs. If I can keep this up I'll be looking good for swimsuit weather.
  •  

Maid Marion

Hi Gina,

Good luck on the weight loss.

I use imgur to post pics here.
After uploading a pic it allows me to choose an image size as well as the type of link I want to copy and paste into a post.

Marion
  •  

Gina P

Hung out with Courtney and Caela at the Keystone conference yesterday in Harrisburg, PA. A really great time. They had many vendors, a photographer (check out my new avatar), many talks or work shops on various subjects for trans people and diner. Just a really great hanging with like minded people. Maybe next year I will stay over for the Gala and other activities. 1 day was not enough.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Maid Marion

Staying overnight at an event like Keystone may allow dressing up in a way not possible at home.
  •  

Courtney G

Quote from: Maid Marion on March 23, 2024, 12:52:07 PMStaying overnight at an event like Keystone may allow dressing up in a way not possible at home.

That was the case for me.

Pre-crash post count: >487
Pre-crash reputation: +10/-0
  •  

Gina P

Its Official. I'm GINA!! Yay. I received the judges order via email. Now I can get the birth certificate changed, drivers license and insurance and .... the list goes on and on but its starting. Finally Greg (who is that!) can start drifting off into the sunset. I'm so happy.
Gina
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Congratulations Gina! Getting your name changed everywhere is really time-consuming. The credit agencies can be exceptionally difficult (TransUnion, Experian, Equifax). I wish you the best of luck!

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

LoriDee

Congrats, GINA!

I mailed a lot of originals to the credit bureaus, credit card companies, insurance companies, etc. Good thing the court gives unlimited numbers of certified copies. Then I hand-delivered to local places like the VA, DMV, County Vehicle Registration, credit union, Social Security, etc.

It is an awesome feeling to see YOUR name on official government-issued documents. I am SO happy for you!

Hugs.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Gina P on March 24, 2024, 07:13:56 AMIts Official. I'm GINA!! Yay. I received the judges order via email. Now I can get the birth certificate changed, drivers license and insurance and .... the list goes on and on but its starting. Finally Greg (who is that!) can start drifting off into the sunset. I'm so happy.
Gina

Congratulations on taking this big step.

Good for you!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

REM.1126

Congratulations!  I can imagine it is both exciting for the future and a relief to get behind you. 
  •  

davina61

Only one I have not been able to change is my mobile phone a/c, they say they cant but think its more like cant be bothered.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Gina P

Just when I'm feeling great about the name change, I get an Email from the lawyer about the motion for reimbursement on the estate challenge. I almost didn't want to read it. It was the transcripts of the motion and the things said from the other lawyer really brought me down. It seams whenever my life starts to feel right and everything is going well the rug gets pulled out from under me. I drank some wine and gorged on pizza till I felt good, but I know that that's not the best way to deal with it. I have an appointment with my therapist today so at least we have something to talk about. On an other front I am planning on getting my certified copies of the name change and starting to get everything changed today.
Gina