Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Gina's journey

Started by Gina P, January 06, 2024, 09:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Wood ,keeps you warm 3 times. When you chop it down, when you split it and when you burn it!!!
Try not to stress over things dear, it will be what it will be.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Oldandcreaky

Lovely post, Davina.
  •  

Gina P

Sorry I got in a hurry on my last post. I said the lawyer had petitioned the court for reimbursement. I have had a long standing, drawn out case challanging my later mothers 'Will'. I finally decided to stop after spending $60k on legal expenses. Every so often a new motion would be filed and I relive every bad memory from growing up. Nothing has changed and hopefully this one will refund all my money spent but it still sparks the old memories. 
Gina
  •  

REM.1126

I am saddened to hear the pain this has caused you.  I hope it is over now.
  •  

Gina P

Another rough day. Judge denied the motion. Not totally unexpected since she has never been on our side. Good news is the lawyer wants to appeal and will do fee to be paid only if we win.
Plowed snow yesterday till the plow dropped a bolt on the pivot cylinder. Trip back to the shop to replace, no big deal. Spent a night, Tuesday, up most of the night with insomnia. So very tired all day. Battery finally quit in my work truck so off to the auto zone for a new one. Customer in front of me says take this guy first and points to me. I felt like opening my coat and saying do these tits look like they belong on a guy. Instead I just smiled. Temps have been running in the low teens here so a battery is expected.
Gina
  •  

Maid Marion

Likely to be an honest mistake in a place like Autozone.
People there are undoubtedly tired and frustrated or they wouldn't be there!
They may even have gendered you correctly and thought "ladies first" but the wrong words came out.

You did the right thing by just smiling.

Marion
  •  

davina61

Not used my motor since last Sat and -2C this morning, was a bit slow turning over but fired straight up. Trouble with modern cars is the battery draw when standing.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Gina P

Not bad for a 6-7 year old battery. I would think Chevy would make it easier to install. 1.5 hrs. to remove the air box, water bottle, fender brace, terminal block, battery clamp... All while there is an ample space not being used on the other side of the engine compartment. I think they do it on purpose to prevent the average Joe or Jill from doing any repairs.
Gina

davina61

You sure its not French, sound like most French rubbish to me!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Gina P

Spent Saturday being lazy. Not like me but it was in the low teens and I didn't want to go outside. Sunday went out to breakfast at IHOP, then to Kohls to exchange a set of PJ's. The new ones are so soft, I just want to hug myself. Both places I was gendered correctly which always feels good. Some days I look in the mirror and the old guy looks back, other days I see Gina. The mind is a strange thing. 
 I spent most of the afternoon rebuilding the back of my plow truck. When plowing I had backed into a light pole and busted up the wood on the back, knocking out the brake lights. I had built a rack body out of wood for this truck several years ago. Never got around to putting in reverse lights so I made sure and added them this time.
I am now less than 5 months till bottom surgery, which seams like a long time away. I had some fun with a countdown app. seeing how many days or hours, min. seconds till then.
Gina 

Courtney G

1. You deserve a little relaxation time. It's good for the body and the spirit
2. That surgery date will be here before you know it!

Pre-crash post count: >487
Pre-crash reputation: +10/-0

Gina P

I did something i have never had the patience to do. I read a book and enjoyed it. My brain is finally calm enough that I can sit for hours on end and read. Before E I would always have to be occupied with something or doing something. I feel like I finally have a life.
Gina
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

I love your new avatar! So pretty.
  •  

Gina P

I was going through some old photos yesterday and came across this one. My hair was shorter then.
  •  

Gina P

I was doing some shopping in Walmart last night when exiting the clerk always checks the receipt. Afterward she said thank you "mam". Not really being in the moment I quickly thought 'Mam', what? Oh that's right that's me now. Been full time almost a year and still muscle memory in my brain throws me a curve every now and then. It was one of those days, earlier I was working in a DPW building and used the rest room. I looked and there on the wall was a urinal, what's that doing in the ladies room? That's when I realized I had used the mens room.
Gina
  •  

davina61

Took me a few years to sort my brain out on gendering myself correctly , just the odd slip here and there so not that bad.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Gina P

I was supposed to have a court hearing tomorrow to have my name change made official but due to some bureaucratic bs its delayed till April. The courthouse had forms which I had to mail certified mail to the statehouse. Part of the form was to be filled in by the court at the hearing(says the courthouse). Statehouse says the form is not filled in and cannot be processed, so could not be mailed back. No form, no hearing. I hate any state agency. I think we have it figured out now, but I have to wait another 7 weeks until the judge has another opening.
Still doing hair removal for the upcoming bottom surgery in June and had the last of 3 hemeroids fixed. Last one was the worst and has been keeping me up the last couple of nights.  I hope I get some sleep tonight. Work has been frustrating but we are getting through. I know the sun will come out tomorrow.
Gina
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I understand your pain, Gina. A good friend of mine had a hemorrhoidectomy nearly a year ago, and she described just a little of what she went through. I would not even want an enemy to go though that much discomfort. Hemorrhoids truly are a pain in the rear. I hope your recovery goes smoothly, and good luck on getting that paperwork though the system.

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Gina P

Gina P

I forgot to mention in my last post. My emotions have been all over the place lately. Feeling happy and almost euphoric at times then latter in the day feeling down without any real reason. Does any one else experience mood swings like this? I've been on the rollercoaster for about a month now. Not sure if its HRT related or just the endless cloudy weather we are having
Gina. 
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: Gina P on February 01, 2024, 07:52:58 AMI forgot to mention in my last post. My emotions have been all over the place lately. Feeling happy and almost euphoric at times then latter in the day feeling down without any real reason. Does any one else experience mood swings like this? I've been on the rollercoaster for about a month now. Not sure if its HRT related or just the endless cloudy weather we are having
Gina.

Yes. guilty. I do get mood swings.

I believe it is a little bit due to HRT putting me in a more vulnerable place. Which is a positive for me, YMMV. I also believe it is seasonal. Everyone can get winter blues, which I think are "Seasonal Affective Disorder" in medical speak.

hopefully that helps,

Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Gina P