Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Gina's journey

Started by Gina P, January 06, 2024, 09:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah B

Hi Davina

I said the following;

Quote from: Sarah B on April 14, 2024, 04:28:07 AMIn other words show them shove this legislation under their noses and ask tell them to fix your personal information, politely of course.

In seriousness, I would go into the store / office and ask to speak to the supervisor or manager and in private.  If the counter staff say; "they can deal with the problem and ask for information", say politely and in a firm way, No and repeat your request.

I have just remembered, that I used this in a couple of instances, very early on, I did not have to contend with counter staff.  I cannot remember the details and so long ago.  In doing it this way, I was in private, one on one and nobody else would hear the conversation that would ensue.  The outcome, worked well for me as I cannot recall any bad situation occurring.

I hope this helps you in some small way.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@davina61
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Gina P

I was able to get my fishing license done in my new name, with just an email to the state. One more checked off! Phone calls to the credit card companies is going a little slower. Health insurance, I have still not been able to get through. I'll keep trying.

Voice lesson went well. Therapist has me focusing on hitting certain notes and doing vowel sounds and simple words in mostly key of 'F' with a pitch analyzer. The goal is to get able to hit a note without working at it then expanding to higher notes and larger words. It shows promise.

Spent Sunday with Courtney fishing. So nice to just talk openly about our trans issues with someone who is dealing with the same things. Fishing was a bit off but as they say, "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!"
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Maid Marion

Hi Gina,

Good luck with the voice lessons.  I found it helps if I squeeze in a couple of short practice sessions every day to change from one way of doing something to another.  I have to do this with golf.  I'll change something with my swing and it will take months before I automatically do it differently.

Marion
  •  

LoriDee

I haven't started my voice lessons yet. They are sorting out some technical issues. But in our Support Group, one of the ladies who has done the lessons said that the way she practiced was by reading aloud. It doesn't matter what but try to do some reading every day. Then periodically, record your reading and listen to how you sound. Are you hitting the pitch? Do you have trouble with certain words or phrases? I thought it was a good idea and I will be trying it myself.

Good luck!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Maid Marion

It may also help to train  yourself to avoid quick and simple answers to questions.  Ladies tend to use more complicated sentences that allow them to modulate their voice.  How they say stuff can indicate what they really mean.  As well as their body language.  Their words may say one thing but their intonation and body language may say something else entirely!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Gina P

I had done 3 months of 1 on 1 training before with a voice coach. She felt I was doing great, and I did well in the lessons but as soon as I left the office and had to think of what I was saying my voice went back to male mode. She had me reading things and that was easy in the fem voice. I didn't have to think of what I was saying.  I am going to try and follow this coach's training for now. I am supposed to train 3 times a day and I have been able to do that.
   On another note I was on the phone with my health care provider getting my name changed on that and had to sent them a copy of my drivers license. The woman says "you are very pretty". It about blew my mind. Whether she was just being nice or what I don't care. I'm taking it as a win. 
Gina

davina61

Take all the wins dear, BTW she was correct.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Gina P

Gina P

I went the lumber yard Thursday to order the railing for my deck, that I started last summer. Always a little uncomfortable, as the lumber yard is mans world and I go wearing my female attire and handbag. The clerk was great and treated my wife and I very nicely. Ordered a nice Black aluminum rail with spindles. Should be in in a week. Then to Kohl's shopping for a spring fall jacket for me. My wife was so great as I tried on jacket after jacket till I found one we both liked. A bright pink ("hot pink", as she said). Not in my size so I ordered it online when we got home. Picked up couple of pairs Sonoma jeans while there, to replace the female ones I've worn out. Doesn't seam like I've been out that long to wear clothes out but time does fly. 
Next stop Tractor supply to get some feed for the horses. The girl that works there is always showing me her turquoise jewelry and I show her mine. We both like the color and look. She saw me come in and came over to say hi. Then to Walmart for some groceries and a resupply of my makeup. Finished up with some fast food. A nice time out with my new BFF the wife. Before transitioning you would have to had drag me kicking and screaming into an afternoon of shopping now I love it, as long as I can buy myself something nice.  :) 
Friday, I'm on a job and the homeowner keeps saying sir, yes sir. Finally I said I prefer Mam or Miss. "Oh I was wondering if you were... Did you have the surgery yet?..Do you have a boyfriend? Argh. Finally he finished up with, "your hair looks nice for a woman...Do you color it?" Argh again. My employee is holding in laughing and about to bust. Such is the days of Gina.
  •  

Courtney G

Quote from: Gina P on April 20, 2024, 08:13:02 AMFriday, I'm on a job and the homeowner keeps saying sir, yes sir. Finally I said I prefer Mam or Miss. "Oh I was wondering if you were... Did you have the surgery yet?..Do you have a boyfriend? Argh. Finally he finished up with, "your hair looks nice for a woman...Do you color it?" Argh again. My employee is holding in laughing and about to bust. Such is the days of Gina.[/justify]

I read someone's suggestion that you ask "Are you circumsized?" or similar when asked those invasive questions. Or maybe "do you have any sexual performance problems that you'd had to see a doctor for?" lol Anyway, sorry about that.

Pre-crash post count: >487
Pre-crash reputation: +10/-0
  •  

Gina P

Quote from: Courtney G on April 20, 2024, 08:04:13 PMI read someone's suggestion that you ask "Are you circumsized?" or similar when asked those invasive questions. Or maybe "do you have any sexual performance problems that you'd had to see a doctor for?" lol Anyway, sorry about that.
Great come back. I'll have to remember that one.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Gina P on April 20, 2024, 08:13:02 AMI went the lumber yard Thursday to order the railing for my deck, that I started last summer. Always a little uncomfortable, as the lumber yard is mans world and I go wearing my female attire and handbag. The clerk was great and treated my wife and I very nicely. Ordered a nice Black aluminum rail with spindles. Should be in in a week. Then to Kohl's shopping for a spring fall jacket for me. My wife was so great as I tried on jacket after jacket till I found one we both liked. A bright pink ("hot pink", as she said). Not in my size so I ordered it online when we got home. Picked up couple of pairs Sonoma jeans while there, to replace the female ones I've worn out. Doesn't seam like I've been out that long to wear clothes out but time does fly.

Gina,

I still do not like shopping much, except for clothes.  Unless I am with a friend; but, that is just as much a social time than simply shopping.

I prefer to go in and look for what I want, not window shop to any extent. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Oldandcreaky

QuoteOh I was wondering if you were...

If he was wondering, why did he apply "sir?"

I assume to provoke so that he could then have a figurative peek into your pants.
  •  

Gina P

I was able to buy a used rototiller very cheap and fix it. This should make my gardening much easer. I find the spade and my back are not good friends as I age. Still doing a lot of trail ridding with my horse, Dundee. Rode over 11 miles on Saturday. I was so sore and tired afterward.
  •  

Maid Marion

Hi Gina,

Good on getting a rototiller and being able to fix it!

I just fixed my garden hoses so I don't have a dissimilar metal issues causing the fittings to stick together.

I use a drain spade for gardening.  The narrow blade requires a lot less work!
I've learned to garden while squatting so I don't have to bend over to dig out shrubs.

Marion
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Tillers can be of a big help to prepare soil.  Raised gardens seem to be good at keeping weeds out, and if weeds do get in, they are easy to remove.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

When I had a garden, I learned about "Lasagna Gardening" which is a no-till project. Best crops I ever had. Highly recommended!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

davina61

Yes the no dig method.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I wonder if it is actually cheaper to buy produce at the market than home grown.

However, I know my food is organic, fresh, and it is fun to garden.

Chrissy
  •  

Gina P

I absolutely love fresh tomatoes from the garden. Starting in the beginning of July to the end of October. Beets are another one of my fav's. We freeze a fair amount of spinach and corn to eat it all year. I'm not sure about the money end but the taste is far better than store bought. Did potatoes as well last year and still have boxes and boxes left.
  •  

Gina P

I have been taking Gabapentin for restless legs. It really didn't work and left me with brain fog all day. So I decided to stop taking it and have been in a bit of a crash all week with no ambition and not much desire to do any thing. I have struggled through with a few projects. Managed to till the garden and cleared out some stumps that needed to be dug out in the pasture.
Had my counseling session last night which always makes me feel better. Then out to the dinner for a bite. Stopped of at the Tractor supply store for some horse feed and seeds for the garden which I hope to get in soon. Railing for the deck should be in soon. Plenty to do, now if I can just find where I left my ambition.
  •