Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you wear a watch?

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 06, 2024, 06:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Before I transitioned, I always wore a watch. I felt lost without one.

After transitioning, I never wear a watch. I don't miss it at all.

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

I use an Apple Watch with a nice feminine band with a flower motive.
  •  

Mariah

I Apple Watch for me as well. Now that I'mm a fairly high fall risk it makes it easier for others know when that happens so as to get help to me sooner. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Devlyn

I'm currently wearing a FitBit Charge 5. It was my birthday present to replace my Charge 3 which was getting too dim to read in sunlight.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessica_K

I do not wear a watch, not for years but did before transition, I rather wear bracelets now.

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

BlueJaye

Time management is a big portion of my life. I always wear a watch. My current watch is a cheap Timex Ironman Triathlon watch in pink and black. I don't need all the bells and whistles of a smart watch, so this suits my needs just fine.
  •  

coral

I have always wore a watch in my male oriented past life.  Before the crash, I posted about how my recent purchase of an Apple IWatch is credited with saving my life per my doctor.

Thanks,
  Coral
  •  

davina61

In my 20s when I went out but its dangerous to wear one when working on cars so never when working, always have loads of clocks around in my flat and workshop. Do have a good sense of time though and never far off at a guess, my phone is my watch now.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

imallie

I wore a fitbit charge 5 for a while until it started telling me it was Tuesday all the time, no matter the day... and finally switched to an Apple Watch and really like it. It's mostly to track activity and sleep, but I think I've always been a watch person... so I'm glad to have an excuse to wear it.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

A watch is good to wear to keep track of exercise and to tell the time of course.

I do not wear one all the time and usually not when at home.  I wear it more when I  am more active.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Paulie

I wore a watch to work for so many years. I'd get to work and take it off because didn't feel comfortable while I was on the keyboard.  I'd put it back on for the drive home, then I'd take it off so's not to damage it working in the yard.

When I got a mobile phone I stopped waring a watch.  A few years back I got an Apple Watch.  For what ever reason it does not bother me at the keyboard.  I wear it from the time I get up to when I go to bed.  It works so well with the iPhone that I feel lost without it.

I did get the smaller watch with the red case.  A red watch band too. The larger watch seemed too masculine. 

Paulie.    
  •  

KathyLauren

I always wear a watch.  A plain old analogue watch, with two hands.  It doesn't have wifi or monitor my heart rate or any fancy-pants stuff like that, but it does keep accurate time.

My wife doesn't wear one, and it drives me crazy.  She has no concept of time or how long anything takes to do, and will think it is 2:00 when it is really 4:30. She is always asking me for the time.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

no watch. In really old days it was not practical to wear one while working as it messed up my arm. I carried one of those cool pens, with digital clock, in my shirt pocket.

Later, after changing careers, the metal band shorted across the back of an alternator during a weekend repair. I still have the scar, I no longer have the watch. I've not worn a watch since.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Paulie

Quote from: Faith on March 14, 2024, 11:10:32 AMI still have the scar

Ouch.  I've heard of this with rings, wedding bands mostly.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Paulie on March 15, 2024, 02:14:24 AMOuch.  I've heard of this with rings, wedding bands mostly.

It was not pleasant. It got infected, made it to my shoulder before the antibiotics kicked in and stopped it.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Colorado Girl

I wear a smart watch and switch out the bands often (mostly cute pastel or floral pattern bands that I buy on Amazon for a very low cost. I think matching my band color to my outfit makes for a nice accessory!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Colorado Girl on March 15, 2024, 06:54:42 AMI wear a smart watch and switch out the bands often (mostly cute pastel or floral pattern bands that I buy on Amazon for a very low cost. I think matching my band color to my outfit makes for a nice accessory!

I never thought of doing that.  It makes sense.  I probably will not do that.  I do change up on bracelets and other adornments. 

Chrissy
  •