Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Getting it on

Started by James EE, January 09, 2024, 01:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James EE

So I had a radial forearm phallioplasty years ago. My current partner and I have been together 5 years and are engaged. Our sex life isn't great these days. She's perimenopausal which doesn't help her sex drive. She has asked me more than once how do I know you are turned on as you don't get a spontaneous erection. Ignore the fact that this wasn't an issue in our early days as we were just horny and in love. Any advice on how to indicate this without trying to pump up my penis during a snog of similar intimacy?
Sometimes we go months without sex, it's not great.
Cheers guys.
  •  

Courtney G

I'm sorry to hear this, James. As the previous "male" in a relationship with a woman in a similar place, I've found myself endlessly frustrated while she doesn't seem particularly phased by our complete lack of sexual intimacy. These days, the T is gone and my drive has changed significantly, but a difference between us remains. When I bring it up, she suggests that the reason is because I don't "do anything". But I touch and kiss her, not in a directly sexual manner, but as a prelude to the next step...and she doesn't signal any desire for anything more.

That's a tough place to be. Unless you believe that a man should just take what he wants (I doubt you do), it doesn't feel right to proceed without encouragement. And as you know, the state of your penis isn't the arbiter of your level of interest in sexual intimacy.

My suggestion is to tell her, in no uncertain terms, that not all men "lead with their penises". She might have prior experience with that as the case, but it isn't always that way, as it's not the case for you. With (I assume) testosterone in your system, you probably don't need much encouragement to get in the mood, but her wiring is clearly different. I think she needs to know that you can/do experience a strong sense of desire without the corresponding physical signals, and that you need her to let you know when there's an opportunity to pursue that, and that you'll most likely be ready to go, no matter what happens to be going on downstairs at that moment.

Pre-crash post count: >487
Pre-crash reputation: +10/-0
  •