Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Katie's blog

Started by BlueJaye, February 23, 2024, 05:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueJaye

I guess my second or third blog (I don't remember how many there have been over the years) was lost in the server reset. So, I guess I am starting over again.

I'll try to fill in the historical gaps later.

I haven't been around here much lately. February has been a very challenging month. On February 5, I suffered a bizarre accident lacerating my hand pretty badly while retrieving some keys that had fell between the seat and center console in a car I had rented for work. I had to go to the ER and get seven stitches to close up the wound. It is still not fully healed and will probably take another month to fully heal shut.

Four days later, my wife nearly died from a bowel obstruction. I rushed her to the ER, where an emergency surgery saved her life. 55 centimeters of her small intestine had died and had to be removed. The origin of the obstruction was some old scar tissue in her abdomen that her small intestine had somehow got caught in, twisted, and cut off the blood flow. It will take at least another 4-6 six weeks for her to recover to normal daily tasks.

In the meantime, I am home with all six children, and doing my best to work from home while running the show solo with only one good hand. It has been very challenging and I don't have much free time for writing.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

imallie

Oh my gosh, Katie -

I'm so sorry you and your wife had to endure all that and I wish you both a quick recovery! I know how annoying a hand laceration can be, so in no way diminishing what you're dealing with (ESPECIALLY having to take care of six kids with LITERALLY one hand tied behind your back!) but your wife's situation is frightening!

So happy to hear she's on the mend!

Here's hoping the next few weeks bring better health to you both!

Love,
Allie
  •  

Oldandcreaky

Katie, everything that Allie said. How awful.
  •  

REM.1126

I am sorry to hear about both you and your wife's medical issues.  I hope you both heal as fully and quickly as possible.

So, a little over half a meter?  Do the doctors believe she suffer malabsorption issues?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

BlueJaye

Quote from: REM.1126 on February 24, 2024, 08:54:30 PMI am sorry to hear about both you and your wife's medical issues.  I hope you both heal as fully and quickly as possible.

So, a little over half a meter?  Do the doctors believe she suffer malabsorption issues?
It's too early to tell.
  •