Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hi all. My name is Melody.

Started by Melody Rich, February 01, 2024, 06:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody Rich

I am 59 years old, married 34 years with three adult sons.  I work as an RN in upper management.

When I was young, I would wish to be a girl.  That feeling has never gone away.

While I never try to present as a woman and have no intent to transition, I have been wearing  women's clothing, jewelry and so forth full time for 20 years.

My wife has, over time come to terms with it, but the kids and her family do not know.

Sometimes, I try to figure out why I am like this.  I know that my step father mentally, physically and sexually abused my siblings and me, which may have much to do with it. 

When I was 13, my 11 year old sister committed suicide.  She was my best friend.

That's my introduction.

Jessica_Rose

Hello, Melody. I was 54 when I finally realized why I was always so angry. It's been a long journey, but I'm finally comfortable with who I am. My wife stayed with me, but we struggled for a long time. Our two daughters have also accepted me completely. June will mark our 40th wedding anniversary.

I wore women's clothing secretly for years, now I wear my clothing. Many people have tried to explain why we are 'different', but I think it really just comes down to being able to accept ourselves. There's nothing 'wrong' with being different, but the society in which we live has some rather rigid guidelines which simply don't account for people like us. I'm glad your wife has accepted this part of your life.

Your childhood was a difficult one, and I can't imagine the life-long pain you have felt over the loss of your sister. I hope you will find something here at Susan's which helps answer your questions, or something which can help you find comfort.

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Melody

Jessica sums it up with the following:

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 01, 2024, 07:01:23 PMYour childhood was a difficult one, and I can't imagine the life-long pain you have felt over the loss of your sister. I hope you will find something here at Susan's which helps answer your questions, or something which can help you find comfort.

Love always -- Jess

I can't either understand the pain you have suffered in your life, it pains me also, very deeply.  Thank you so much, for telling your story it's very much appreciated.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Susan

Hello Melody,

Thank you for having the courage to share your story. I can only imagine the challenges you've faced in your journey of self-discovery and acceptance.

It's clear you have tremendous inner strength. Despite adversity, you continue living your truth every day. That takes real bravery.

Please know there is nothing wrong with you. We all have different narratives, and there is no single "right" way to be trans.

I'm glad you've found a place for support and community on this website. Here you can feel seen, embraced and validated exactly as you are. We welcome you with open hearts and minds.

Your story matters. By being visible, you make it easier for others to live authentically too.

Wishing you much happiness ahead as you walk your path with grace and wisdom. Remember, you are so much more than your past. Your spirit shines bright.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Brooke Renee

Hello Melody,

I am happy you have joined us, we are here for you.  Susan's is a really good place. 

Warm Hugs,

Brooke
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Hello Melody.

Welcome!  It takes some courage to be ourselves at times.  Revealing things takes some courage. 

Do ask questions as you have any.  No one here will judge you for asking questions.
You will find many of us here with a variety of backgrounds.  We each have stories unique to us but we can share some commonalities.

Please return to visit again.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Melody Rich
Dear Melody Rich
Thank you for following the LINK that I gave to you in my Welcome Message on the first thread that you posted and submitted today.

More than likely you will find new friends here as you get more involved.

Now that you are here on the INTRODUCTION FORUM and other members are more aware of your arrival to the Forums you can expect more interaction, give and take, and more exchanges of thoughts and questions with other like-minded members. 

Please be sure to read over the informative LINKS and Guidelines of the Forums that I attached at the end of my Welcome Message. The information there will help you to safely navigate around the forums and enjoy the features here.  Please be involved as much or as little as you feel comfortable doing.

Thank you again for becoming a member and for telling us more about yourself with your introduction.
Best Wishes,
Danielle
northernstargirl@susans.org
The Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Devlyn

Hi Melody, welcome aboard! You'll meet lots of new friends here.
Looking forward to seeing you around the site!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •