Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Sarah B's Story

Started by Sarah B, January 31, 2024, 06:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Sarah B
Dear Sarah:

I am thrilled that you are planning to be including more "chapters" of your Sarah's Passion here
on  your present Blog thread.

There is no doubt that I will be eagerly looking for and reading your continuing story.

Thank you for sharing some more of your life endeavors with me and the rest of you avid
followers here on the Forum.

HUGS, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Sarah B

Hi  Davina

I hope this short message finds you well.  A couple of times I have said to myself I need to reply to a message that you posted on my blog, you asked me a question and I did not follow up on it and for that I' very sorry for not doing so, the post that you asked a question is;

Quote from: davina61 on March 15, 2024, 11:42:44 AMI had my GP look as I had an infection after having treatment by my surgeon on a patch, I asked her how it looked and she said she would not had know it was not natural.

I'm afraid that I did not actually or specifically ask the question; "does it look natural" from her perspective.  Given that it was anatomically correct and inside was healthy, I guess it would have looked natural and it would not have cervix, which would indicate that one had a hysterectomy.

Since it was over 33 years ago that it was examined by my surgeon.  I know that the operation has exceeded my wildest expectations had I known all the intimates details of the operation at the time.  I never new anything about the operation.  It was a case of please give me the operation and hey presto the operation was carried out.  I will be forever internally grateful to my surgeon for giving me the peace and contentment that I have had for over half of my life.

Quote from: davina61 on March 15, 2024, 11:42:44 AMProstrate is a risk we all have if that is what you mean?

Yes, that is exactly correct and will remain a risk for all of us, either from cancer, the reason for the PSA test.  My levels were virtually zero.  So no indication of cancer for me.  The other reason it is a risk is BPH, which I have and it constricts the urethra tube hence the flow is restricted.  The two solutions are medicine or surgery.

Which I have indicated I want that vestige of that organ removed, but I will tread cautiously in this area.  In other words I will wait and see what my options are.

Once again I'm sorry I did not get back  to you sooner. 

Anybody who does read my blog I will endeavour to answer any and all of your questions.  Passing on my knowledge is what I like doing.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@davina61
PS  Sorry Gina I used the wrong name in my posting.

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

davina61

Thats okay dear, best wishes for any outcome XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Sarah B

Hi  Everyone

This is a very short post, so.  I have just remembered a particular memory.  When I was very young around 8 to 10 years old.  We had moved to a place called Hordle in England, which was near the sea.

However this move made us far removed from our relatives.  One time it was decided to go and visit some of our relatives, so we went by car.

During the trip I was sitting in the back seat of the car and I was thinking about the chances of meeting or associating with other girls and hopefully wear their clothes.  However, I then realized that among our relatives, they had no children that were girls.

I felt resigned to not being able to play with other girls.  The pain resonates to this day.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

LoriDee

I have no sisters, so I feel you on this.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Sarah B

Hi Everyone

Another short post.  This is another memory which I have just recalled and reflected upon which when we think about "issues", long and hard  that are presented here at Susan's or elsewhere.  We can remember things from our past.

I just mentioned to anonymous24 in the introductions forum that when you think long and hard you remember things that seem of no consequence at the time, but do so in the present. 

So let me share this memory with you.

There was another guy that I spent a good portion of my time with.  In this case, we would go camping over night sometimes and in the morning we would practice shooting at targets hanging on fishing lines and after awhile when we got tired of doing this one us would start shooting for the fishing line.  Hilarity ensued of course, trying to out do each other and then we would go off hunting feral animals.

Another time we go to the swamps or tidal areas where there was lots of mud, crocodiles and wild pigs which was classified as feral, hence allowed to be shot, not the crocodiles as they were protected after being slaughtered for many years.

We also spent a lot of time talking, eating dinner together, watching the news and the Muppets, that kept us in stitches.

One morning we spent the time outside in a garden, while it was pouring buckets.  So we started splashing each other and then it progress to cups of water, then buckets of water being scooped up and chucked at each other and finally the water fight end up in the street and then we were using trash cans to collect the water that was rushing down the kerbsides.

So why am I telling you the background on what we did together?  I always felt comfortable in his presence and I liked him, hindsight is 20/20.  I see that now, this indicated that I liked men without knowing about it at the time.

Which brings me to this point about my personnel life.  I like to get to know the men I date before, I get into a full time relationship with them.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Sarah B

Hi Lori

Thank you for your reply, you mentioned

Quote from: LoriDee on April 06, 2024, 02:41:57 PMI have no sisters, so I feel you on this.

I appreciate the thought.  I did have 3 brothers but the youngest died recently, I was close, but not that close to them growing up, I wonder why?  We were happy playing together and we looked out for each other, well I did as I was the oldest.

The closest I was with any of them was the youngest.

I love them dearly and I know they love me in their own way.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@LoriDee
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

LoriDee

I'm sorry for your loss.
My youngest brother died when I was about 13. It was 30 days before his 8th birthday.
I was the oldest too, so was closer to my next oldest brother. The two youngest ones were closest, maybe because they were closer in age?

Maybe you were closer to the youngest because of some maternal instinct you weren't yet aware of. It is still hard losing a sibling.

•  

Sarah B

Hi Everyone

Talking about libido, it has been mentioned in various posts and sometimes I felt I needed to mention it.  However I never noticed that side of things while I was taking my hormones and I did not have much time on my hands as I was always so busy at work, cooking, going out, beauty treatments, doctors appointments, meeting friends for dinner, weekend trips away with friends and of course shopping.

I know that the level of testosterone has an affect on ones libido.  In my case and even still to this day my levels of testosterone are virtually zero and this is the way I like it.

So I never noticed what was going on with my body at the time and as you know from my previous stories, you know I was never active until one year after my surgery.

So, that first one was memorable, as I have mentioned I think at least once before, if not then you are going to be lucky.  I needed no libido.  At that time I did not know what my body was doing and to top it off.  I knew what I wanted, I was a virgin at the time!

Did I need libido No.

I just did what came natural to me, I was starved.
;D  :embarrassed:  :icon_redface:  :icon_redface:

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
PS  I apologize for being a little bit risqué
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

imallie

Quote from: Sarah B on April 06, 2024, 07:30:22 PMHi Lori

Thank you for your reply, you mentioned

I appreciate the thought.  I did have 3 brothers but the youngest died recently, I was close, but not that close to them growing up, I wonder why?  We were happy playing together and we looked out for each other, well I did as I was the oldest.

The closest I was with any of them was the youngest.

I love them dearly and I know they love me in their own way.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@LoriDee

Oh my gosh, so sorry for your loss Sarah. Hope you're hanging in there.

Love,
Allie

Sarah B

Hi Allie and Everyone Else

Thank you for your kind words, Allie.  Something I did not realize, its been almost a year since he passed away.

I'm hanging in really.  The one that gets me the most is my mum's passing, which come this June will be two years.

I looked after her for about 11 years, not so much at first, but the last couple more so, her mind was good, but not her body.  She was 83 years old, so a good innings.

One of the reasons for me moving was, where we lived, it was on a peninsula surrounded by the sea. So certain spots while driving around the peninsula, like the fish and chip shops, MacDonald's coffee, the local hospital and the spot where we would park and watch the sea, drinking the coffee.  I would be reminded of mum in the car with me.

So actually, writing this gives me an idea to write a post about her later in one of my blogs.

I have been up since 03:00 hours and it's almost 20:00 hours and I need to have some sleep. So I will paraphrase from the Truman Show, "good morning, good afternoon, good evening and good night".

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@imallie
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Sarah B

Hi Everyone

Just a short note, its only contain a summary results of medical tests that I have had over the last couple of months.

I have had several ultra scans on my kidneys during the last year and the results have come back indicating they are in good health.  Results from breast scan I had finally made their way to me eventually and I have been told they are healthy, the results got way laid, from the different postal addresses, but I finally got them.  When I had scans done on my kidneys I also had a scan on my bladder and there is nothing wrong with it either.

I still have a problem with weeing.  When I last visited my current GP this particular issue was not discussed, because if I remember Dr Alice was waiting on results from scans on my kidneys and bladder.  I have made a future appointment, which will be a Telehealth Phone call in a couple of weeks, yes that's right, times are changing.  I prefer face to face, but distance and time precludes from having the face to face talk.

The last time I saw her, I did not get to cover all the current issues with my health, that I was having checked out.  One of the issues was having a very painful 'right hip', for the want of a better description. Which precludes me from standing still for any length of time.  Hospital doctors and previous doctors could not explain exactly what was going on there, even though I have had several xrays and scans in that area and I have had chiropractic and physiotherapy treatment to no avail

I believe at the moment it is a tear and Dr Alice ordered a couple more tests, xray and ultra sound, the technician that did the ultra sound did extensive scanning of the bones, and very little time was spent on the area where it is painful.  Go figure.

So, other than a low borderline value for vitamin D, I'm in good health.  Life goes on regardless, what one does.  Take care and I will see you all soon.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Northern Star Girl

@Sarah B
Dear Sarah:

Aside from a couple of remaining issues that you mentioned, the testing
reveled that you are in good health otherwise.

Continue following up with your doctor and if things get worse, even in
the slightest, get in to see your doctor again. 

Please keep me and the rest of you avid followers updated as you feel
comfortable sharing.

Many HUGS, Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Paulie

Quote from: Sarah B on April 15, 2024, 09:35:11 PMI still have a problem with weeing.  When I last visited my current GP this particular issue was not discussed, because if I remember Dr Alice was waiting on results from scans on my kidneys and bladder.  I have made a future appointment, which will be a Telehealth Phone call in a couple of weeks, yes that's right, times are changing.  I prefer face to face, but distance and time precludes from having the face to face talk.

I'm not a fan of changing times and I much prefer face to face too.  I hope you don't have much to talk about with your telehealth call.  We're looking to hear more good news.

Quote from: Sarah B on April 15, 2024, 09:35:11 PMI believe at the moment it is a tear and Dr Alice ordered a couple more tests, xray and ultra sound, the technician that did the ultra sound did extensive scanning of the bones, and very little time was spent on the area where it is painful.  Go figure.

Seems odd, one does hope they know what they're doing.

Glad  you're in overall good health.

Warm Regrds,
Paulie.
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Paulie

Welcome to my Story!  You mentioned in your post

Quote from: Paulie on April 16, 2024, 01:18:24 AMI'm not a fan of changing times and I much prefer face to face too.  I hope you don't have much to talk about with your telehealth call.  We're looking to hear more good news.

Seems odd, one does hope they know what they're doing.

No, there will not be much too talk about as there will be only two issues, the 'hip' problem and of course the weeing problem.  The first will take time to heal and the second problem there are only three options, do nothing for the time being, take tablets to relieve the symptoms and the final option is surgery.

I do not like taking tablets unless its absolutely necessary and these tablets would 'out' me as they are only for males and I do not want that, so I will put up with weeing problem.  Which leaves surgery and this is what I want without hesitation.  I had already decided this outcome after finding out that I had BPH.  However this surgery is not lightly entered as the main concern is incontinence.  The other two concerns were taken care of long time ago, when I had surgery!  So I will wait and see which way the wind blows.

So long story short I will know a little bit more about what I'm going to do in the future.  Old age is creeping up and its only recently that I have been more cognizant of that fact and I don't like it one bit.  "Such is life".

Quote from: Paulie on April 16, 2024, 01:18:24 AMGlad  you're in overall good health.

Warm Regrds,
Paulie.

Thank you for your kind words and I hope you are well also and things are going well with you.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@Paulie
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

LoriDee

Glad to hear you are healthy. I'm sorry there are other issues, but as you said getting old sucks. I know what you mean about "being more cognizant" of the fact. I turn 67 this year. If the Presidential election doesn't go our way, I will be over 70 before any surgeries become available to me... surgeries that I asked for three years ago. In the Army, we had a phrase: Embrace the suck. Keep moving forward.

The cure for low vitamin D is to get back out to the bush and soak up some sun!  ;D

•  

REM.1126

I actually prefer video conferencing with my medical professionals when what we will discuss is entirely routine.  I see my endo twice a year.  I am cool with one of those being online (as it was in Covid) to discuss the fact that:

"The numbers look great.  Keep doing what you are doing." 

If the numbers ever don't look great, I'd rather come in.  And, I'd like a face to face once a year regardless.

Part of that is due to the fact that if I go in to the office for a visit, I always sit around for an hour before I see the doctor.  With tele-health, I can sit at my own desk and be productive until the doctor is ready, plus I don't lose the commute time, or burn those extra fossil ounces of fuels coming and going.
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Lori

I hope this reply finds you in good health, like me! So yes, I am in good health, all things considered.  You mention in you post;

Quote from: LoriDee on April 16, 2024, 10:13:46 AMGlad to hear you are healthy. I'm sorry there are other issues, but as you said getting old sucks. I know what you mean about "being more cognizant" of the fact. I turn 67 this year. . . . .

I said in my post there were only two issues in regards to my health, the 'hip' problem, which stops me from being more active, except swimming of course and the other was my weeing problem, there were no other issues in regards to my current health.  In the future other tests will be carried out on me like rats in the lab and will see if there are any other problems.  I don't think so, I hope.

Quote from: LoriDee on April 16, 2024, 10:13:46 AM. . . . . If the Presidential election doesn't go our way, I will be over 70 before any surgeries become available to me... surgeries that I asked for three years ago. In the Army, we had a phrase: Embrace the suck. Keep moving forward.

I have to provide a disclaimer here.  I have been following American politics for the last 20 odd years and I tend to be conservative in my views both here in Australia as well in America.  I don't know why I got interested in American politics.  I think I do, but that is for another time and place.

So, to put it bluntly, I'm a Trump follower.  Yes, I know the policy of 'republicans' in regards to 'transgender' issues are wrong. 

On the other hand the Democrats, want to take your guns away which I totally disagree with and keep 'transgendered' rights which I agree with.

In my opinion and my opinion only, Trump should be the next president of the United States of America.  I will now say for the time being and place, repeating what 'Forest Gump' said; "that's all I have got to say about that"

I know it sucks that the cost of surgery is prohibitive and I can feel the pain and anguish, that you and others that contemplate in having surgery, suffer from, when you cannot get that surgery.  So as you so eloquently say "Embrace the suck. Keep moving forward.".

So come up with alternative plans that no matter what, one plan will succeed at least in getting what your heart desires.

Quote from: LoriDee on April 16, 2024, 10:13:46 AMThe cure for low vitamin D is to get back out to the bush and soak up some sun!  ;D

Yeah, I'm in the bush so to speak and I have been getting a lot more sun these days.  I have to be careful as I'm a 'Redhead' and I have freckles all over my body.  If I go out in the sun for more than half an hour I will get sunburnt.  I'm also taking a multi vitamin tablet which should also take care of that vitamin D level.

Take care, look after yourself and I wish all your dreams come true.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@LoriDee
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Sarah B

Hi Rachel

It's nice to see you again,

Quote from: REM.1126 on April 16, 2024, 11:41:43 AMI actually prefer video conferencing with my medical professionals when what we will discuss is entirely routine.  I see my endo twice a year.  I am cool with one of those being online (as it was in Covid) to discuss the fact that:

"The numbers look great.  Keep doing what you are doing." 

I have no problem using the telephone and video for conference calls.  I was a teacher in the rural area of NSW, where the student numbers where very small and one particular maths class, year 11 and 12, I took.  This is what we used.

Quote from: REM.1126 on April 16, 2024, 11:41:43 AMIf the numbers ever don't look great, I'd rather come in.  And, I'd like a face to face once a year regardless.

I'm with you on this, sometimes you need the face to face.

Quote from: REM.1126 on April 16, 2024, 11:41:43 AMPart of that is due to the fact that if I go in to the office for a visit, I always sit around for an hour before I see the doctor.  With tele-health, I can sit at my own desk and be productive until the doctor is ready, plus I don't lose the commute time, or burn those extra fossil ounces of fuels coming and going.

Here in the outback travelling 400km (250mi) for 15 minutes standard appointment, this usually takes up about 6 hours and another day is wasted, when you could be doing something more constructive.  When I do, do these trips I catch up with friends and various activities as well. so as not to waste the day.

I hope things are going well and have a nice day.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

LoriDee

Trump supporter? Ewww. Just kidding. I was too during his previous run.

I tend to side with whoever is going to help me in whatever I am trying to do. I have always been a Constitutional Conservative. I support the Constitution as it was written and the Supreme Court's interpretation of what the Founding Fathers intended when they wrote it. No one can take my guns, and I have openly challenged anyone to try. I have about a dozen Supreme Court rulings to support my position. No one has taken me up on my challenge in over 30 years.

In the military, I was a Republican because they are typically pro-military. When we experienced funding cuts (limiting my pay raises), it was always a Democrat in office. After leaving the service I worked as an Electronics Technician and was a member of the IBEW (Electricians Union). I switched to Democrat because they support things that our union supports: better pay, working conditions, etc.
Then the Illinois Governor screwed over our Union President. You might remember Rod Blagojevich. He, like many before him, was corrupt to the core and went to prison for it. I switched back to Republican, which kind of explains why I am now in South Dakota.

I supported Trump because he is a great businessman and I felt that he is what we needed to straighten out our problems in the economy. He is a great negotiator. If you haven't read his book, "The Art of the Deal" check it out. He is very good at negotiating, which we witnessed in his foreign policies. I became fed up with the Republicans, not because of him, but due to the antics of local and state politicians. More corruption.

But right now, in my life, the most important thing for me is my transition. Trump has openly stated that he will put a stop to transitioning at any age. It would be illegal for him to try. But I cannot support an elected official who refuses to represent ALL of the people. Since my priority is on my ability to transition and not become a political target, I must throw my support in the other direction.

I totally understand your position. In many ways, I agree with you. You are still my sister and I still love you. We can agree to disagree.

I thought Forrest Gump said something about chocolates.  ;D