Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Re-Introducing Myself

Started by Nadine Spirit, January 31, 2024, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadine Spirit

Hiya!

Apparently I'm part of the group that signed up during the years that have now gone dark. Oh well. I do still pop in here occasionally and read and have finally decided to try and redo my account. Lucky for me I did not have a huge history here. Just mostly an occasional commentor, but yeah whatevs......

Hmmm..... a bit of background for those who don't know me and maybe a bit of a recent update for those that may vaguely remember me....

After a life of various gender variances in my 30's I thought I had myself figured out and I viewed myself as a crossdresser for about fifteen years from about 30-45. At that point I finally realized the folly of my ways and finally got a therapist who specializes in gender variances. Very quickly I changed my hormones and further realized who I am. That was in 2017. In 2018 I socially and legally transitioned. In 2019 I had an orchiectomy that left me in massive pain, both physical and mental. In 2022 I finally had my GCS which fixed much of my woes. And that was about all I had ever mentioned on these boards.

So for the update..... On 12/29/23 I had a vaginoplasty revision. About a month out now and I'm still healing but I am back to work. Which I am avoiding right now by writing this post instead, lol!!! Oh well it is just my personal work period. Oh, and yeah, I am a middle school math teacher working in California's Central Valley.

Alrighty, so yeah, that's me! Hiya!
Oh and even though on these types of boards I continue to use my online name of Nadine Spirit, which I thought would be my IRL name, it isn't. If it matters much to you, my name is actually Kelly.

Nice to re-meet you all!

Northern Star Girl

@Nadine Spirit
Dear Kelly:
Welcome back to the Forum after the New Years Day crash.

I certainly do remember your presence here on Susan's Place and the Forum.
... I also really like that you will be using your IRL name.

I do remember much of what you stated in your Introduction but for your
readers that do not recall your story I am very glad that you posted it
again here in the Introductions forum.  I am just about certain that
there will be other members that will remember you and that will
be reading your first posting since your re-arrival to the Forum.

I trust that your recent end of the year vaginoplasty revision ended up with
satisfactory result for you.... and here you are a month later, still healing
and you are back at you work already.
You are a Math Teacher !!! :)    I love math, so much so, that I am a CPA with my
own business.  The math is easy compared to the multitude of complex and
ever changing invariably confusing Tax codes. I guess that helps me to know
that I have job security... about this time every year the Federal Tax business
is getting into full swing.  At the other times of year I am busy handling my
business clients related tax and financial tasks.

One of the first things you will want to do now that you are back as member, is
to go to the posted ANNOUNCEMENTS
--> https://www.susans.org/index.php/board,2.0.html
to find out what happened, what we are doing to get the site back up and
what our updated plans are for the our re-booted Forum.

Also, please read the new and revised Site Terms of Service and rules to live by
      Susan's Place: Community Guidelines and Terms of Service
--> https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,2.0.html

You are already familiar with the how you were doing things on the Forum but
after the site crash and reboot, navigating around will be a little different
and in a brief time you should get the hang of it without any problems.

I have already started searching for some of your lost postings and comments.
If you are now using a different E-mail than what you used when you were previously
a member here it would be helpful for my search attempts if you could provide me with
the previous E-mail... but do not publicly post it on a reply on the Forum but
instead you can send it to me via my secure Email northernstargirl@susans.org

NOTE: Until you reach 15 postings you will not be able to send Forum private messages
and you won't be able to upload an Avatar/profile photo... However, I am happy
to help you to get your photo on your profile right away if you Email it to me.

I will be eagerly looking for your future posting as you feel comfortable sharing
your thoughts and comments.  I will also be looking for your E-mail to me if that
is what you wish to do.

Again, WELCOME BACK TO Susan's Place and the Forum

My best wishes and Warmest Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Susan

Welcome back, Nadine (or should we call you Kelly)!

It's wonderful to have you rejoin the community after being away for some time. Thank you for sharing details of your self-discovery journey and gender transition over the past several years.

I can only imagine the balancing act between your professional life as a middle school math teacher and your personal transition. Your experiences will surely provide valuable perspective to our discussions.

Though we haven't directly crossed paths before, I'm excited to get to know you and support you through your ongoing recovery from the recent vaginoplasty revision. I know the process has not been easy.

I admire your openness in embracing both your online identity and real-life name. Your story is an inspiration.

Looking forward to your contributions and insights. We're happy you're back! Wishing you all the best as you continue your journey toward fully embracing your true self.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

ChrissyRyan

I am glad you returned Nadine.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

Good to see you back, Kelly!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

imallie

Hey Kelly - welcome back!

Glad surgery went well and you're on the mend!

Love,
Allie
  •  

TXSara

Welcome back, Kelly!  It's good to hear from you!  Do you still keep up your personal site?  I don't remember the name anymore...  uncommon style?  Something like that!

Don't be a stranger!

~Sara
My Latest Blog Thread:  Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 31, 2024, 07:35:36 PMI am glad you returned Nadine.

Chrissy

Kelly, welcome back!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

tgirlamg

Welcome Back Kelly!!!

Always good to have a fellow California girl in the house!!! 😀👍

Onward!!!

Ashley 😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

EllenW

Welcome back Kelly. I very much remember you story since it mirrored mine down here in Orange County. Happy to see you back.

Ellen
2018 - Full Time
2019 - Legal Name and Gender Change
2021 - MDV GCS with Dr. Ng (UCLA)
2021 - BA
2023 - PPT Vaginoplasty with Dr, Gupta
  •  

Nadine Spirit

Awww, thank's y'all! I appreciate the welcome back.

Nadine Spirit

Quote from: TXSara on February 02, 2024, 11:49:09 AMDo you still keep up your personal site?  I don't remember the name anymore...  uncommon style?  Something like that!

Occasionally I will post on my blog, and I actually did just today, after like 4 months. I did I bit of a writeup of my revision surgery experience. My blog is called Unordinary Style. I used to have a link to it in my profile, but I don't think I can do that yet. Anywho, it pops up on Google easily enough. I love that you almost remembered it, that's cute.

Northern Star Girl

@Nadine Spirit
Dear Kelly:
I gladly uploaded your Avatar/Profile photo that you Emailed to me.
      You look terrific ... and happy.    :)

If you want a different photo please let me know.

HUGS, Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Nadine Spirit

Woo-Hoo, thank you Danielle!!

And yeah I love that photo of me, um chesty much? Yeah, I'm better with clothing and camera angles than I am with growing breast tissue, despite the evidence provided by the photo. I mean I've got a little something something, but relatively speaking I am a card carrying member of the itty-bitty committee. 

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Nadine Spirit on February 11, 2024, 02:48:39 PMWoo-Hoo, thank you Danielle!!

And yeah I love that photo of me, um chesty much? Yeah, I'm better with clothing and camera angles than I am with growing breast tissue, despite the evidence provided by the photo. I mean I've got a little something something, but relatively speaking I am a card carrying member of the itty-bitty committee. 

Kelly,

If you are itty bitty then I am sub atomic!

Chrissy
  •  

Brooke Renee

Welcome Back Kelly!!

Hugs,

Brooke
Governess of Itty Bitty City
  •  

Nadine Spirit

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 11, 2024, 03:53:59 PMKelly,

If you are itty bitty then I am sub atomic!

Chrissy

I'm telling you Chrissy, it is mostly smoke and mirrors. Good camera angles and lighting, a push here, a squeeze there. I wish I looked that way full time, but alas, as noted it is a camera thing, I'm just really good at it.

Okay, well, maybe I'm also really insecure about my body and well I do a fair amount of therapy on me being more accepting and truthful about my body. As in, I do have a decent body. See, I can't even say a good body, nope, not me. Oh geez, okay well this is partly why I'm still in therapy after 6-7 years.

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Nadine Spirit on February 12, 2024, 04:16:36 PMI'm telling you Chrissy, it is mostly smoke and mirrors. Good camera angles and lighting, a push here, a squeeze there. I wish I looked that way full time, but alas, as noted it is a camera thing, I'm just really good at it.

Okay, well, maybe I'm also really insecure about my body and well I do a fair amount of therapy on me being more accepting and truthful about my body. As in, I do have a decent body. See, I can't even say a good body, nope, not me. Oh geez, okay well this is partly why I'm still in therapy after 6-7 years.

I think I remember you posting a long while ago Kelly that you mastered using tape to provide cleavage.  Your abilities to use "smoke and mirrors" (your words) is amazing.  But it looks like you have had some nice development.  Good for you. 

Hugs,

Chrissy
  •  

Nadine Spirit

No tape for me, just some really good undergarments and camera angles. I've heard of those who use tape and funny enough the first time I saw a woman using tape for cleavage was a cis girl getting ready to go out to a bar like when I was about 23 or so. I was just like, um, what are you doing? She smiled and replied that she had to get a boost somehow.

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Nadine Spirit on February 13, 2024, 09:34:19 AMNo tape for me, just some really good undergarments and camera angles. I've heard of those who use tape and funny enough the first time I saw a woman using tape for cleavage was a cis girl getting ready to go out to a bar like when I was about 23 or so. I was just like, um, what are you doing? She smiled and replied that she had to get a boost somehow.

Thanks for clarifying that. I think it would be hard to tape well.  I know, I tried once.

Chrissy
  •