News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Christian adoption agency snubs Catholics

Started by Susan, July 16, 2005, 11:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Christian adoption agency snubs Catholics
Friday, July 15, 2005; Posted: 4:49 p.m. EDT (20:49 GMT)

JACKSON, Mississippi (AP) -- A Christian adoption agency that receives money from Choose Life license plate fees said it does not place children with Roman Catholic couples because their religion conflicts with the agency's "Statement of Faith."

Bethany Christian Services stated the policy in a letter to a Jackson couple this month, and another Mississippi couple said they were rejected for the same reason last year.

"It has been our understanding that Catholicism does not agree with our Statement of Faith," Bethany's state director Karen Stewart wrote. "Our practice to not accept applications from Catholics was an effort to be good stewards of an adoptive applicant's time, money and emotional energy." [Read More]
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Susan

This just goes to show ya the bigotry of some religious people. Not only do you have to be "Christian" but you have to be their kind of "Christian". Others need not apply! I find this generally applies to the "Evangelicals" more than most other denominations. Do these people really believe that a diety would pick and choose based on some earthly divison which has no basis in the actual teaching attributed to that diety? I know of 11 laws susposedly directly handed down by the Christian god. Do not eat from the tree of life, and the ten commandments.

The teachings of Jesus have been perverted by most "Christian" Churches if you read them as written. There's one Baptist church here in my town which owns a whole city block for it's "Church" They cater to the rich and the privileged while Jesus taught the poor and the destitute and those abandoned by society and the religions of his day. I guess if you would look at in that way then it the trangendered would fit right into his target audience :P
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

simplydani

I cannot agree with you more on all points. Being a product of the bible belt and part of the "New Mission" I have seen and people have tried to teach me that thought. I have left more churches than I can count on them following that "true christian" path.

Sadly enough the situation does not get better, Brotherly/Sisterly love fades more and more. Comes down to the people on an individual basis. Where does bigotry nto exist? In the individual. However sparce those individuals are.

•