Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

hi!!!

Started by hhanj11, February 13, 2024, 03:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhanj11

hi all!!
my name is finn and i just turned 18 and im ftm!! reading all of these introductions made me so happy.

i came out four or so years ago and finally i was able to start t after many medical complications and many years of thinking i would never be able to because if it. i have my first appointment to figure out top surgery things in april and i am so nervous.

i have been able to be out at my high school and hope that the college i choose is as accepting as hs was, i plan to major in creative writing!
it took a long time to figure out who i am and i am glad i got to where i am today :)

aside from that, i love going to concerts and reading (shoutout the troop by nick cutter!) and i love writing a lot. i listen to a lot of folk music and acoustic stuff, honestly anything that is soft i like!

i am excited to be here and i am so grateful this exists. (i stumbled upon it when i was trying to see if other people were experiencing a specific change on t i was!!!:-))

again, excited to be here & be able to have a space like this

Devlyn

Hi Finn, welcome to Susan's Place! I'm glad you decided to join us.  :)

Here's a copy of our welcome pamphlet to get you off on the right foot. Looking forward to seeing you around the site!

Hugs,  Devlyn

Things that you should read

•  

Sarah B

Hi Finn

Welcome to Susan's, I hope you find out more about yourself here on Susan's, I certainly did and there is another FTM, who just joined and his name is Aleks.  I suppose both of you can swap notes about each other.

I look forwarded to hearing more about yourself and your journey.  Take care and look after yourself.

Best wishes for the future.
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Welcome Finn!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Susan

Welcome to the forum, Finn!

It's fantastic to see you've joined us, especially at such a pivotal moment in your life. Your journey, marked by courage and perseverance, truly resonates. Overcoming medical complications to finally start T is a significant achievement, and it's inspiring to see your determination and positive outlook. The anticipation of your first appointment for top surgery is understandable, and it's great that you're reaching out for support and sharing your experiences.

Your decision to major in creative writing is exciting! Colleges offer a diverse environment where you can find communities and spaces that celebrate your identity and creativity. It's heartening to know that you've felt accepted in high school, and there's every reason to believe that you'll find a college that embraces you just as warmly.

Your interests in concerts, reading, and writing add wonderful layers to your story. Mentioning "The Troop" by Nick Cutter gives us a glimpse into your reading preferences, and your love for folk and acoustic music suggests a deep appreciation for storytelling and melody. These passions no doubt enrich your writing and creative expression.

We're thrilled that you found this forum at a time when you needed it. Spaces like this exist to provide community, understanding, and shared experiences. Your excitement and gratitude for this community are infectious, and we're equally excited to have you here. Your presence adds to the diversity and richness of our discussions.

Welcome aboard, Finn! We look forward to hearing more about your journey, your insights on transitioning, your writing adventures, and everything else you choose to share.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

imallie

Welcome Finn! Sounds like things are going great for you, that's wonderful!

Hope you enjoy it here at Susan's, and can be an active member of the community!! There are some great people here, all willing to share their stories, what went well, what went wrong, and just be supportive of everyone else!

Love,
Allie
  •  

Colorado Girl

Welcome, Finn! I'm new here too, but I can you that it's a wonderful, loving, and accepting place to be...and it's great to meet you!
  •  

Brooke Renee

Hi Finn! 

Welcome to Susan's and it sounds like you are in a good place!  We look forward to hearing more about you as you share your experiences and journey.  Best of luck in college, I'm sure you will love it! 

Warmly,

Brooke
  •  

LoriDee

Hi Finn and welcome!

This is a great place for information and to meet some great people.
Please keep us informed on how you are doing. There will be rough patches ahead, and we are here to help in any way we can.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•