Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Have you come out to your employer?

Started by ChrissyRyan, February 16, 2024, 07:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_K

I have answered Chrissy's question but thinking about Sarah's post of never being outed at work. I guess it's the nature of the company I work for and field of work I do but vetting requires full disclosure. I have been vetted 4 times since working for the company and about to be vetted again. I do not have the opportunity to not declare all details in some of the vetting as it would aways be found out, including original birth certificate, so HR knows of my past, I have great confidence in the HR small team of security personnel that any information I provide will remain confidential almost by default because of the levels of security. I am one of the girls at work and the very few mentioned about treat me as such along with everyone else that just knows me as a cis woman.

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

Faith

A thought about being 'outed' at work and elsewhere. I have resigned myself to fact that I always will be outed. While being 100% stealth has it's appeal, and people telling others about me even if they didn't know bothers me, the fact is I am not 100% passing. I hit the whole gray zone spread of woman, to maybe-maybe not, to man. Responses to me have had some negatives, however, it has been mostly positive. I think of myself as the quiet activist. I don't run around 'demanding' (not right word but all I could think of) acceptance. I do purport mysself in a civil manner anf people respond to that. Let them see someone just living life and enjoying it. They seem to respond better to that.

Anyway, work, I have no idea who knows, doesn't know, or suspects. I simply don't worry about it.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

ChrissyRyan

It is definitely good to be just be yourself for the most part at work and out and about.  After getting some clarification about my gender struggles and true self over a long timeframe, and MTF transitioning, days can be far more peaceful now. 

While there are a few times that I choose to be "my old self" because I think it is wise to do so, which sometimes has to do with fear and sometimes that venue or situation is just not the right place to be 100% my true self, that is bearable.

Have a nice day everyone!

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •