News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Long Lost Miharu

Started by Miharu Barbie, February 16, 2024, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miharu Barbie

Hi. Hello. Salutations.

I have not been here on this forum for several years. I don't remember the last time I posted, but I have determined that my account was first activated on 6/16/2012. I'm happy to see that Susan's Place is still a thriving community.

I transitioned the day before Thanksgiving in 1998. I've been busy these 25 years living my best life and minding my own business.

When same-sex marriage was legalized in the USA, I foolishly believed that America was making good progress, and I felt proud to be among the trans elders of the 20th century who helped usher in this progress. I'm not feeling so smug anymore.

I am returning to this forum in hopes that my age and experience might lend support and encouragement to those who might be struggling with the barrage of hateful anti-trans legislation flooding through state and national congressional bodies. Make no mistake, we are under attack. I might not have a lot to offer, but what I do have is a shoulder to lean on and a sympathetic ear.

I've come to believe that the best way to find happiness is to help someone else find happiness, the best way to find peace is to help someone else find peace.

I've heard it said that united we stand, and divided we fall. I suppose it's true. I hope it's true. I hope I can increase the Unity quotient in my own way just a little bit.

Peace!
Miharu
Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!

Jessica_Rose

Welcome back to Susan's Place and the Forums!

We always welcome the wisdom of those who came before us! There is a lot of cold darkness in the world, but the warm glow of acceptance will never fade here at Susan's Place. We strive to make this this a safe place to find information, and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features. 

Once again, welcome back to Susan's Place!

Jessica Rose
Global Moderator

Things that you should read

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Miharu Barbie

tgirlamg

Miharu Barbie!!!... It has been a long time!... It's good to see you here again sister!... I'm doing my best to help others find that peace and happiness too! 💕🤗💕

Hugs!

Ashley 😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻

ChrissyRyan

Welcome back Miharu!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 

Miharu Barbie

Thank you, Jessica, Ashley and Chrissy. It is lovely to see familiar handles. Almost like coming home.

:icon_flower:
Miharu

Northern Star Girl

@Miharu Barbie
Welcome back HOME !!!!

I certainly recall your past presence here on the Forum and I will
be looking forward to getting re-acquainted with you again as you continue
to share your comments and thoughts.

For many members here, finding and communicating with others that are
like-minded and are going through many of the same experiences and issues
in their transition journey... this is indeed HOME.

I am so very glad that you found your way back to Susan's Place and the Forum.

Wishing you success and happiness as you continue on in your life endeavors.
HUGS, Danielle  [E-mail:  northernstargirl@susans.org]
The Forum Administrator

Quote from: Miharu Barbie on February 16, 2024, 06:28:49 PMThank you, Jessica, Ashley and Chrissy. It is lovely to see familiar handles. Almost like coming home.

:icon_flower:
Miharu
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org

Susan

I still love your thank you that you sent to the site a few years ago! I have drawn personal inspiration from it.

Quote from: Miharu Barbie on January 04, 2017, 05:28:07 PMI feel overwhelmed with gratitude for life today.  When I was much younger than I am today, I never expected to live this long.  Indeed, prior to transition 19 years ago I believed at that time that I had already lived too long and seen too much and I was prepared to snuff out this life by my own hand.

I am so grateful that I made the choice to stick around and transition.  I have seen and experienced so much amazing stuff over the years!  I know now that those darkest days of my younger years were little more than speed bumps on the road to this happy, fulfilled life that I'm living today.  It would have been such a bummer to miss all this adventure!

I am grateful to all the people who open up and share their fears and sorrows, their joys and triumphs on this forum.  You all enrich my life with your openness.

I am especially grateful to Susan and her army of moderators for creating this safe space and for keeping it safe all day every day.  You all rule!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Love! Miharu
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

Colorado Girl

Good morning, Miharu! While I didn't know you from before, you were one of the first to welcome me to the "Susan's Place Sisterhood", and so I can honestly echo the sentiment that "it's wonderful seeing you here"! Like you, and many others here, I hope that by my sharing my journey, I can help to bring hope and inspiration to others who are seeking their true selves!

Miharu Barbie

Quote from: Susan on February 22, 2024, 08:46:33 PMI still love your thank you that you sent to the site a few years ago! I have drawn personal inspiration from it.

Thank you for the warm words, Susan. Much love and respect!

The goodwill that you have nurtured among trans people and our allies over the years is beyond measure.

With Love ❤️
Miharu

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Susan