Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Allie's Blog IV: Revenge of Allie's Blog

Started by imallie, January 03, 2024, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imallie and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

imallie

Had quite the conversation with a friend today. He's probably my closest friend... or at least the one I speak to most often (like almost on a daily basis, if not more).

When I sent the letter the call we had the next morning was incredible, and since then we've been back in our regular routine.

But today, and I think this was probably because we were talking about this weekend and I reminded him that Saturday was "hair day"... he suddenly was a question machine. And it was pretty hilarious.

It started with "Oh yeah... so I have to get used to you with hair soon, huh?" And went on to...
"When are you going to start wearing skirts?" (I replied "when are YOU going to start wearing skirts?" 😂) and when I told him I didn't think skirts would be part of my wardrobe he asked "don't you want to show off your legs?"

He asked about bathroom use in public... he asked what shoes I'm going to wear... I mean, it was 20 minutes of this... Every minute or so he'd say "It's ok that I'm asking all these questions?" And I'd always say "Sure, no problem" and I really meant it... because the questions were really being asked with such love and curiosity.

It's hard to describe. I hope people don't think this conversation was intrusive. And maybe in other relationships it would be. But for me, for us, it was really on brand and it was really the kind of thing that filled my tank for a bit, you know?

Love,
Allie
  •