News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Story of Lori

Started by LoriDee, February 23, 2024, 09:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imallie

Quote from: LoriDee on April 08, 2024, 09:32:40 PMThanks, Allie

But I am in South Dakota, one of the reddest of the red states. I was born in PA but only lived there for six months. (I was six months old when our family moved to CA.)

I have contacted our congressman, Governor, and Senator on several occasions unrelated to this. You are correct in that they have some pull with government agencies. When I was in the service, one thing that our commanders absolutely dreaded was a Congressional Investigation. They usually ended with people resigning or going to jail.

As always, I do appreciate your advice.

Hugs!

Ugh sorry. 

Thune isn't the worst R of them all, but your lone rep is Dusty Johnson, right? I can't imagine in a one rep state that they are very proactive with constituent services even if they were LGBTQ+ friendly.

Sorry for the confusion. Not sure why I thought you were a PA gal. 🤔
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

LoriDee

Yeah, Dusty Johnson talked a good game to begin with. Shortly after his election, he started toeing the line and kissing up to Queen Kristi Noem. I was at Mount Rushmore to see Donald Trump give his speech. Dusty Johnson was the only state delegate to wear a mask (Covid was still a thing). By the end of the speech, he had removed the mask and put it away. After that, I started paying attention to what he did in office and how it compared to Queen Kristi's Executive Orders.

Thune is all Republican. He is the senior Republican and on numerous committees. He won't risk his chances for higher office. I wrote to him on several occasions about gun rights. He supported several "red flag" laws that I disapprove of. The laws allowed anyone with a grudge to file a complaint and have your personal property confiscated without notice or going to court. He tried to tell me that the laws were designed to pre-emptively prevent people with mental illness from owning a gun. I reminded him that the Constitution does not state that certain people do not have a 2nd Amendment right. Until the Constitution is changed, only a court of competent authority can prevent a citizen from exercising all of their rights. I also cited about ten Supreme Court cases that prove he is wrong.

He decided not to respond, so I challenged him to a debate. Again, no reply.

I finally realized that the whole political system is corrupt to the core.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

imallie

Quote from: LoriDee on April 08, 2024, 10:26:10 PMYeah, Dusty Johnson talked a good game to begin with. Shortly after his election, he started toeing the line and kissing up to Queen Kristi Noem. I was at Mount Rushmore to see Donald Trump give his speech. Dusty Johnson was the only state delegate to wear a mask (Covid was still a thing). By the end of the speech, he had removed the mask and put it away. After that, I started paying attention to what he did in office and how it compared to Queen Kristi's Executive Orders.

Thune is all Republican. He is the senior Republican and on numerous committees. He won't risk his chances for higher office. I wrote to him on several occasions about gun rights. He supported several "red flag" laws that I disapprove of. The laws allowed anyone with a grudge to file a complaint and have your personal property confiscated without notice or going to court. He tried to tell me that the laws were designed to pre-emptively prevent people with mental illness from owning a gun. I reminded him that the Constitution does not state that certain people do not have a 2nd Amendment right. Until the Constitution is changed, only a court of competent authority can prevent a citizen from exercising all of their rights. I also cited about ten Supreme Court cases that prove he is wrong.

He decided not to respond, so I challenged him to a debate. Again, no reply.

I finally realized that the whole political system is corrupt to the core.

I don't think it's the whole system. I just think you happen to live where the cogs in the machine are broken beyond repair.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

QuoteThe next big hurdle is gender-affirming surgery. Currently, government regulations prohibit "gender-altering" surgeries of any kind. So that includes genitals, facial feminization, voice surgery, tracheal shaves, etc. A complaint was filed against the VA in 2016 claiming that this was discriminatory in that it discriminates against transgender veterans and only transgender veterans. The VA said they agreed and would change their policy. In 2018, the VA said they had to change the Federal Regulations in order to change their policy. In 2021, the VA said they were changing the regulations, but it would take about two years to implement since they needed equipment and trained personnel. In 2024, TAVA (Transgender American Veterans Association) filed a lawsuit against the VA to get a court order for the VA to change the regulations immediately and stop stalling. That case is still pending.

I would argue that we aren't changing our gender, we are simply trying to correct an unfortunate birth defect. It's not our fault that we were born with the wrong equipment, or that people couldn't recognize our thought patterns, so they treated us as the gender they assumed / wanted us to be. Just about any other birth anomaly would have been corrected without our consent, but correcting other people's assumption about who we are requires a long, expensive fight. Good luck Lori, and everyone else who is fighting this battle.

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B, LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

Lori,

I have another counseling session this afternoon. I hope it is helpful.

On another matter, I will be signing off here momentarily, gosh I have so many posts still to try to read and respond to during the day, but I just need to get ready for the day.

I have this absolutely beautiful navy floral long dress and cute short boots I plan to wear today.  This is absolutely gorgeous.  Wish that myself had a better body but I wore this last evening and my sweetie gave me nice compliments, she loved it too.

Gotta go. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 

Northern Star Girl

ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:  
I am wishing you well with your therapy session. 
The outfit that you described that you are going to wear sounds beautiful....
Let us know how your session went for you.

HUGS, Danielle

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 09, 2024, 08:39:46 AMLori,

I have another counseling session this afternoon. I hope it is helpful.

On another matter, I will be signing off here momentarily, gosh I have so many posts still to try to read and respond to during the day, but I just need to get ready for the day.

I have this absolutely beautiful navy floral long dress and cute short boots I plan to wear today.  This is absolutely gorgeous.  Wish that myself had a better body but I wore this last evening and my sweetie gave me nice compliments, she loved it too.

Gotta go. 

Chrissy

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

LoriDee

@Jessica_Rose

I agree with you 100%. I have always questioned the term "Gender Dysphoria". We are not dysphoric about our gender. We don't change our gender. The correct diagnosis is "Body Dysphoria" and it applies to non-transgender people as well. Gender-affirming surgery is aptly named.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training

Northern Star Girl

@LoriDee
Dear LoriDee:
You are "right-on" with your comment regarding GD and with GRS
Thank you for sharing.

HUGS, Danielle

Quote from: LoriDee on April 09, 2024, 09:45:24 AM@Jessica_Rose

I agree with you 100%. I have always questioned the term "Gender Dysphoria". We are not dysphoric about our gender. We don't change our gender. The correct diagnosis is "Body Dysphoria" and it applies to non-transgender people as well. Gender-affirming surgery is aptly named.

Sarah B

Hi Lori

You will love this posting by me!!!!!

Gender Dysphoria Proven Wrong

and this

One of my Posts on it

Written 14 years ago

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

LoriDee

I like your thinking!

When I was in school learning hypnotherapy, we briefly studied gender identity. I think we were using Version V, and now I think we are on to version VI.

There are different classifications for various mental issues. "Dysphoria" merely means being somehow disturbed by something. I have "Neighbor Dysphoria" because my neighbors disturb me often. However, it is not classified as a "disorder" unless it interferes with your life (socializing, family, work, school, etc.). So you can have Body Dysphoria, meaning you are disturbed by how your body looks, acts, or is shaped. Many people who are transgender may not be "disturbed" by it enough to want hormones or surgery. They are no less transgender, they just are not dysphoric to the point of it being a disorder. Their coping mechanisms allow them to live in stealth or be content with the uneasiness.

Back in earlier versions of the DSM, this distinction was clear and it was called "Gender Identity Disorder". This is what we now call "Gender Dysphoria". But note that it is not a "disorder" unless it is severe enough to interfere with one's life. Now they have everything lumped together under the diagnosis of "Transvestism" with two sub-categories. One for cross-dressers and one for transgendered persons.

Another thing concerning the "mental illness" part. The reason is to determine if one is dysphoric, and is that dysphoria a disorder. It is also to determine if some other cause results in that behavior or thinking. One could be schizophrenic or delusional. Gender Identity is mental. You can't see it on an MRI, so it must be examined by a mental health professional. The point is to narrow it down to a specific diagnosis. You can go to a physician and not be sick. Most mental health professionals go to other mental health professionals. It doesn't mean they have a mental illness.

My psychologist's diagnosis is something along the lines of "Transvestism: with chronic gender dysphoria since adolescence." He didn't know me when I was young, so he made that determination by my answers to his questions and the descriptions I gave when relating specific events. In my opinion, it started when I was about six years old, but his diagnosis accomplished the same thing. For many of us, puberty is the most difficult to deal with (if we have a disorder).

2024 - Voice Training

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on April 09, 2024, 09:42:14 AM ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:  
I am wishing you well with your therapy session. 
The outfit that you described that you are going to wear sounds beautiful....
Let us know how your session went for you.

HUGS, Danielle

My appointment is coming up in a little while today.  I have a lot on my mind.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

No exciting news today. It will hit 80 degrees today. That's F, not C for you ladies across the pond.  ;D

I am struggling with dysphoria today. But I am having lunch with the girls to repay them for taking me out on Easter. It will be good to take a break and relax in good company.

Have a Great Day!

2024 - Voice Training
  •  

LoriDee

Lunch was great. One of the gals gave me a necklace and bracelet that she found when they were out thrifting. The bracelet is an adorable charm bracelet with three charms that read: Dream, Believe, and Achieve. The necklace matches. I think I needed to read that today. :)

I realized that I have not updated my latest jewelry pics, so here we go...

This stone is called Miriam Stone. Some call it Sanskrit Jasper, Arabic Jasper, or Calligraphy Stone. Legend says that there are ancient prophesies written on these stones. The fact is that it is not a jasper, it is a fossil! Millions of years ago there was a swamp near the Himalaya region in India. What you are seeing are fossilized roots and shells that were stuck in the swamp mud. The stone was almost cube-shaped, so I cut it in two and made two pieces from the same stone.

This is a piece of Teepee Agate that I found in Teepee Canyon. The canyon is west of Jewel Cave which is an awesome place (Google it). Teepee Canyon and Hell Canyon are well-known for producing beautiful red, orange, and yellow agates and jaspers. This piece broke off of a larger stone during the tumbling/polishing process. It ended up shaped like a shark tooth. It was a challenge trying to figure out how to wire-wrap it.

This is a piece of clear quartz crystal that I found out at the Fairburn Agate Beds while hunting for the elusive Fairburn Agate. I often find clear quartz out there and some even look like ice cubes. This one was well-rounded and ended up almost like a crystal ball.

This Tiger Eye is one of my favorites. The stone came in a sample bag with one of my new rock tumblers. I used the gold-colored wire to accent the gold color of the gemstone.

This is the darkest colored Amethyst I have ever seen except at the Geology Museum. I wanted to keep the wire wrap simple to keep the stone as the focal point. I'd like to find a few more of these. (Few = multiples of 100).  ;D

EDIT: The whole photo album is here.  https://imgur.com/a/rX0k4Ho

2024 - Voice Training

Oldandcreaky

Whoa! Those are so, so, sooooooooooooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing, LoriDee.

tgirlamg

Absolutely Gorgeous Work Sister!!! 💕💕🤗💕💕💕
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻

Sarah B

Hi Lori and Ashley

Ashley said;

Quote from: tgirlamg on April 13, 2024, 04:11:39 PMAbsolutely Gorgeous Work Sister!!!

Lori I agree with her, unquestionably, stunning work!

Love and Hugs to All
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@LoriDee
@tgirlamg
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Northern Star Girl

@LoriDee
WOW, that is a  60 degree(f)  difference.... This morning as I am getting ready to go to church...
....planning to dress warm!!!!  ....Cold this morning  21deg(f)    [-6 deg C]
Danielle

Quote from: LoriDee on April 13, 2024, 11:42:24 AMNo exciting news today. It will hit 80 degrees today. That's F, not C for you ladies across the pond.  ;D

I am struggling with dysphoria today. But I am having lunch with the girls to repay them for taking me out on Easter. It will be good to take a break and relax in good company.

Have a Great Day!

•  

davina61

It was 22C yesterday, 12C tomorrow!!! Staying in-----
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •