Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Story of Lori

Started by LoriDee, February 23, 2024, 09:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldandcreaky and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

LoriDee

I just sent a Secure Message to my doctor with this picture as an attachment. She is pretty good at getting right back to her patients. I would love to be a fly on the wall when she confronts the pharmacy with WTF.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

LoriDee

I have to laugh at it. When I was in the Army serving as the Operations Sergeant, I put a sign on the wall behind my desk. It read:

"Incompetence is the worst form of corruption."

Then I moved the hanger mount on the back of the frame so the picture would always hang crooked. Anyone who has served will know that it would drive people nuts. Everything must be perfectly vertical, horizontal, dressed right, and covered down.

At night, people who were being punished had to clean the offices. Without fail, they would try to straighten the frame, but it would just fall crooked again. One guy got a nail and drove it into the wall for the frame to rest against to keep it straight. Of course, I ripped him a new one for putting an unauthorized hole in my wall, but gave him points for taking initiative and being creative in finding a solution. Everyone was so focused on the frame being out of whack that they didn't bother to read the message.

Gotta love the government.

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on March 11, 2024, 01:14:13 PMHere we go again. The battle continues...

I saw my Gynecologist on Feb 26. After a very long discussion about the issues I have had with Mylan patches, she said she would talk to the pharmacist and determine if a name-brand patch was available. The pharmacist assured her that they were, so doc placed the order on Feb 29 with explicit instructions to not substitute for Mylan patches. The mail-order pharmacy shipped the order on Mar 5. Through all of this time, I have been PMSing due to low hormones fluctuating.

Today, I received my new patches!

What's wrong with this picture?

[Sigh}

Looks like they made a mistake with the substitution.  Sorry they goofed!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think I will likely just stick with Estradiol pills.  Generic and inexpensive, although there was a price increase earlier this year at my usual pharmacy.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

Fortunately, I have a good team looking out for me. I just got a call from the pharmacist (who worked there for 22 years) and she explained how that happens. Anything that is written on the label is never seen by a human. The order is submitted via computer and a computer fills the order from whatever is in stock that matches the order, including equivalents. It is quick and efficient. So the pharmacy tech had to submit the order specifically specifying the brand that is to be filled. Since that is a "special order" they have to update various files, but all of that will happen this week. She also refunded my copay. By the time the meds arrive, I'll have been PMSing for a month. Such is life.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on March 11, 2024, 06:16:42 PMFortunately, I have a good team looking out for me. I just got a call from the pharmacist (who worked there for 22 years) and she explained how that happens. Anything that is written on the label is never seen by a human. The order is submitted via computer and a computer fills the order from whatever is in stock that matches the order, including equivalents. It is quick and efficient. So the pharmacy tech had to submit the order specifically specifying the brand that is to be filled. Since that is a "special order" they have to update various files, but all of that will happen this week. She also refunded my copay. By the time the meds arrive, I'll have been PMSing for a month. Such is life.

Sounds like a solution.  What about the next fill though?  Will the problem occur again?
Perhaps the solution is for the physician to specify the brand name with no substitution.

Chrissy

•  

LoriDee

That is what the pharmacist did today. Special orders can't go through normal channels. Once it is in the system, then all future fills will follow that instruction until rescinded by my prescriber.

Hugs!

•  

LoriDee

One of my favorite books of all time is "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah" by Richard Bach. He has some interesting ways of looking at things from a different point of view.

A passage that I really like reads:

"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts." ― Richard Bach

We intuitively know that we are not happy with ourselves. We know the change required (transition) will be a problem for us. But we seek it out because we need that gift. It is difficult to love someone else if we don't love ourselves first. If we don't look after our own happiness, we won't have any left to give to someone else. Be kind to yourself. Find that love and it will expand exponentially, and there will be plenty to share.

Hugs!

imallie

Quote from: LoriDee on March 11, 2024, 09:11:14 PMOne of my favorite books of all time is "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah" by Richard Bach. He has some interesting ways of looking at things from a different point of view.

A passage that I really like reads:

"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts." ― Richard Bach

We intuitively know that we are not happy with ourselves. We know the change required (transition) will be a problem for us. But we seek it out because we need that gift. It is difficult to love someone else if we don't love ourselves first. If we don't look after our own happiness, we won't have any left to give to someone else. Be kind to yourself. Find that love and it will expand exponentially, and there will be plenty to share.

Hugs!

Lori - Absolutely LOVE the sentiment behind that quote.

HOWEVER... someone who writes that, feels to me like someone who has never, for example, faced the scoreboard power going out just before going on the air for a nationally televised basketball game from your home arena, and all the TV folks running out of the trucks with wide eyes looking at you to suddenly have an electrical license and solve it.

I found exactly ZERO gifts handed to me in that situation. And believe me, I looked. HARD

;D

I mean, I got a good story out of it? So maybe that's what I needed? But whoo, that's pushing it.

But even so... like I said, I love the sentiment. And as it relates to transition, I, all kidding aside, think it's lovely. Quite lovely.

Love,
Allie
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

LoriDee,

I am wishing that you have a full week of absolutely no barriers and bad issues, and that you do have a wonderful week ahead.  Then for the good times to always, all in all,  overshadow hardships that will always come our way, as they are part of life.

Take care.

Chrissy
  •  

LoriDee

Thank you, Chrissy. Your support and well wishes are very much appreciated!
And may all that you wish for me, come back to you tenfold.

Hugs!

•  

LoriDee

Quote from: imallie on March 12, 2024, 12:00:42 AMLori - Absolutely LOVE the sentiment behind that quote.

HOWEVER... someone who writes that, feels to me like someone who has never, for example, faced the scoreboard power going out just before going on the air for a nationally televised basketball game from your home arena, and all the TV folks running out of the trucks with wide eyes looking at you to suddenly have an electrical license and solve it.

I found exactly ZERO gifts handed to me in that situation. And believe me, I looked. HARD

@imallie

For context: Within the story, he finds a book entitled something like "Messiah's Handbook and Manual for Advanced Souls". The idea is that you hold a question in your mind and open to any page and it will give you the answer. The above quote is one of the answers given.

At the end of the story, he turns to the last page which reads, "Everything in this book may be wrong."

;D

•  

imallie

Quote from: LoriDee on March 13, 2024, 10:05:52 AM@imallie

For context: Within the story, he finds a book entitled something like "Messiah's Handbook and Manual for Advanced Souls". The idea is that you hold a question in your mind and open to any page and it will give you the answer. The above quote is one of the answers given.

At the end of the story, he turns to the last page which reads, "Everything in this book may be wrong."

;D

The ability to look from within for answers, and at the same time believe that those very same solutions of our own might be completely cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs? THAT kind of amazing self-awareness I can completely get behind.  Love it! ❤️
  •  

LoriDee

I wish I could post the "story within the story" here. I found it very insightful and it helped me "let go" of some of the baggage I continued to carry with me. The book is a very short read (only 72 pages) and you can download a free copy online "for educational purposes". Highly recommended.

ChrissyRyan

This is a most interesting blog of yours LoriDee.
I hope you have no further problems with medicines and medical care coverage.  Plus that you will have good providers not far away.

If I went panning for gold I would likely find sand, iron pyrite, and miscellaneous little pebbles.  No gold.

Chrissy
  •  

LoriDee

For a few years, that is exactly what I found. I began to doubt that I would even know it if I saw it. Maybe what I thought was pyrite was gold. Maybe my panning technique is not good enough and I wasn't catching it. I joined gold prospecting clubs and they showed me a great way to practice using lead shot.

Gold is 19 times heavier than water and lead is 11 times heavier. Most everything else in the river is lighter. I put lead shot in the gold pan with dirt and pan it. If the lead shot stays in the pan, your technique is good and you will catch gold. My first gold flake was found while I was practicing using dirt on a lake shore. It was in the pan right next to the lead shot. Once I saw it, there was no doubt that it was gold.

Over time, I learned how and where to find it, and even custom-designed my sluicebox for optimum efficiency. I had been sharing pictures on my website and finally decided to write about what I learned so others could learn too. The website articles led to a few people offering to hire me as a consultant to look over their claims and tell them where to dig. The last offer was in Montana and I decided that I didn't want to travel that far. The offer was a good one, it was just a bit too far for my comfort zone.

•  

Gina P

I've tried panning for gold but never had any luck. I tried in the mountains of Georgia on my step mothers place where rumor had it the previous owner made enough panning gold from the river to squeak out a living. I like the lead shot idea to hone the technique, Ill have to try that next time.
Gina
  •  

LoriDee

@Gina P

Thar's gold in them thar hills. Sluiceboy Prospecting does YouTube videos of places he prospects in Georgia. He and family members have a few claims there. He does very well. I have even bought some of his paydirt to pan in the winter. I was curious how the gold down yonder compared with the gold here in the Black Hills.

•  

LoriDee

This week is off to a good start. I still have this hacking cough that has plagued me since Wednesday. I received a text message that my new order of Grove brand estradiol patches is on the truck and out for delivery.

I was in the middle of yet another hacking cough fit when my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number (out of state), but I managed to gasp "Hello". The Voice Training pathologist from Iowa City VA called to set up an appointment. I start training via TeleMedicine on March 27th! <insert Woohoo! emoji here>

I don't demand milestone achievements every day. Even a little progress goes a long way to fuel hope and ward off frustration and depression. It has been two years that I have been waiting my turn patiently while the VA is constantly telling me that this or that service is unavailable.

This year hit me hard. During my semi-annual physical with my Primary, she noticed frustration and depression and got me in to see my psychologist the next day. She diagnosed me with Moderate to Severe Depression. I asked, "Can you blame me?" The VA told me they would help with my transition, and they gave me hormones. Period. Every other service needed as a part of the transition is "unavailable". It is available somewhere, and the VA is part of the federal government. If a service is available in Seattle, then why am I not on a plane heading West? The VA has left me as this disfigured freak without any means to go forward or back. I am stuck mid-transition and it is their fault. And you wonder why I am depressed?

That set things in motion.

My Trans Care Coordinator, a psychologist in our Mental Health department, jumped into action. They still haven't figured out how to get electrolysis for me because of some stupid rules. The Minneapolis VA sends their veterans to a local provider for electrolysis. Since I am not receiving care from Minneapolis, they can't send me to that provider. That provider has no contract with the Black Hills VA system, so travel is not authorized to send me to Minneapolis. To override that, my team must go back through my records and document that this is indeed "medically necessary". That much is in progress now.

While searching for programs available nationwide, they discovered the Trans Voice Training Program offered by Iowa City VA. I said sign me up!

Once again I am moving forward and life is good.

Northern Star Girl

@LoriDee
Dear LoriDee:
Your most recent posting here on your Blog Tread has really touched my heart.
Obviously you are hitting the stumbling blocks that many of our transitioning
members have encountered or are now encountering. 

Thank you for sharing from your experience....  please keep me and the rest
of your avid followers updated... only as you feel comfortable sharing.

I am sending my Big HUGS to you.

Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •