Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Story of Lori

Started by LoriDee, February 23, 2024, 09:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoriDee

@REM.1126

I think it is just one of those things that happen often enough to point to and say, "See?" but when it doesn't happen, no one notices. I suspect that it has something to do with copper content. The best place to find gold is where there is a high mineral content. In this area, that means lots of copper, silver, tin (cassiterite), manganese, etc. I think the copper/silver content may be responsible for the color. But I am just guessing.

@davina61

You are correct about the formation of gold in the earth, but quartz is just a side-effect. Quartz (silicon oxide) is the second-most common mineral on the planet. So it is common to find gold in quartz, but also quartz with no gold. In every place I have ever found gold, there was quartz, iron, and garnets. All three or I struck out. I had never encountered a blue lead like that before, so I got really excited. As we were digging, I was feeding the sand and gravel through the sluice box. Seeing the gold just fed the excitement. But the truth is that it hasn't happened enough for me to confirm or deny the stories.

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

ChrissyRyan

How often do you pan for gold?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

@ChrissyRyan

"How often do you pan for gold?"

Years ago I would camp on the creek for a week at a time. Now I try to go two or three times a week. Age is catching up with me, so it takes longer to recover. I think HRT might also have something to do with it. I don't have the upper body strength that I used to have. I seem to have more doctor appointments than before too. I know there will come a time when I just can't do it anymore. But each year I head back out saying, "I'm not done yet!"

•  

LoriDee

Just returned from an appointment in Sturgis at the Fort Meade VA Hospital. Today was my first-ever Bone Density Scan. 80-minute round-trip drive for 15 minutes on the table. My doctor will receive the full report in a few days. The preliminary results are that I do indeed have bones. She refused to comment further. So, yay! I got bones!

;D

•  

davina61

When I had a scan on my wrist the tec said I had good bone density, all the years on the spanners I suspect. Only thing is the years on the spanners are coming home to roost now and I am finding it harder to work on the hot rod, HRT not helping as well.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on March 26, 2024, 04:45:21 PMJust returned from an appointment in Sturgis at the Fort Meade VA Hospital. Today was my first-ever Bone Density Scan. 80-minute round-trip drive for 15 minutes on the table. My doctor will receive the full report in a few days. The preliminary results are that I do indeed have bones. She refused to comment further. So, yay! I got bones!

;D

It is good to have bones.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Gina P

When I had my first density scan it was at the start of HRT and I was still in stealth. I was the only "man" there. I was a bit uncomfortable but they scan for other reasons than just osteoporosis, right? 
Gina
  •  

LoriDee

Even men can have osteoporosis. But I believe you are correct that they use the scan to see other things. It is such a low dose of radiation, that the technician operated the scanner from her desk right next to the bed I was lying on. She said the dose was less than an x-ray. The room wasn't even in the Radiology Department, where patients were waiting for DEXA (Bone Density), CT, MRI, and X-ray. Men and women both were waiting there to be seen.

•  

LoriDee

Yesterday was a busy one for me.

I had a morning appointment with my VA Psychologist. She hooked me up to a biofeedback machine to teach me how to use paced breathing for stress reduction. She did a baseline test run of about five minutes where I just do diaphragmatic breathing, then she shows me on the graph how I need to work on my Heart Variability Rate. When she called "time," she asked if I was just messing with her. My breathing rate was near perfect and my Heart Variability Rate was very good. All I did was use my own hypnosis techniques coupled with the breathing technique that she taught me.

So then our discussion switched over to hypnosis and the ways that the mind can heal the body, no matter what the illness. She seemed skeptical, so I gave her several anecdotes of video-recorded hypnosis sessions where it appeared miracles were being performed. She stated that she was still skeptical since video can be faked. I asked her if she trusted the National Institute of Health. I gave her a link to a web seminar where a psychiatrist with a very long list of credentials demonstrates to healthcare providers how clinical hypnosis can be helpful in their practice. For example, helping someone through a dental procedure without anesthesia.

In that seminar, he presented a case of a man with Parkinson's Disease who needed a brain implant to control the tremors in his right arm. The patient must be awake so that the surgeon can speak with him to ensure the implant is placed in exactly the correct location. The patient could not relax long enough to do the surgery. The hypnosis session helped him relax, but the miraculous part is that while relaxed (and without any suggestion), the tremors in his arm stopped.

For those who don't know, Parkinson's involves actual physical damage to the nervous system. It is not a psychosomatic disease. So the question I gave my Psychologist was, "How is it possible for the Subconscious Mind to temporarily bypass physical damage to the nervous system." She said it is not possible. And yet she just witnessed it happen.

I told her that I know the answer. It is how spiritual healing is accomplished every day, and I am such a healer. (I am an 11th Degree Rosicrucian). She immediately made me promise to share my wealth with her when I figure out how to permanently cure Parkinson's.  ;D

That afternoon, I was scheduled to phone in for a Group Therapy session. I got busy with other things and lost track of the time. I went to call in and my phone was dead. But I still had time to drive back down to the VA and attend Group in person. I am so glad I did! I finally got to meet our two Transgender Care Coordinators in person, and three other trans veteran women. The meeting went well but I was concerned about the body language the other ladies were exhibiting. They were clearly uncomfortable even though they were "regulars" to the Group.

They participated in the activities, I just wish there was something I could do to help them relax and understand that they were in a safe place. Maybe as we get to know each other better, things will loosen up.

Overall, it was a good day. I like good days.  :)

Gina P

I agree deep meditation can slow the heart rate and do wonders for the body. I used to practice daily and had a tooth filled with no Novocain. The dentist said it was a deep cavity and he didn't recommend not using Novocain. Also said if I started squirming around to much he would stop. A few seconds of deep breathing and relaxing I transported myself to my favorite lake to fish during the procedure. The annoying thing was the dentist kept stopping and asking if I was still with him!! Making me respond. I suppose I should have explained a bit before he started. I have gotten out of practice but I should really do more.

LoriDee

Pain management was what got me interested in hypnosis in the first place. I specialized in it in my practice, but most clients were there to lose weight or quit some habit like smoking or nail biting.

In the video, the psychiatrist's only suggestion was for the man to go to a favorite place. He imagined he was lying on a beach and the tremors in his arm stopped.

This is the web seminar if anyone wants to watch:
Tranceformation: Hypnosis in Brain and Body

•  

ChrissyRyan

I hope you have a wonderful day.  I hope that everyone has a wonderful day.

Now, go make it so!

Chrissy

LoriDee

Day 10 of "Early Spring".
33 degrees and sideways snow.
I think the Sun is taking a holiday.
<sigh>

•  

Paulie

Quote from: LoriDee on March 30, 2024, 02:34:26 PMDay 10 of "Early Spring".
33 degrees and sideways snow.
I think the Sun is taking a holiday.
<sigh>

Same here in northern Nevada.  We had a few days of spring a week ago.  It's been snowing pretty much non-stop for the last 2 days.  I think we've gotten a foot of snow overall, but it's been melting off at times as the temperature swings between, just below freezing and 38 degrees (F). Oh so muddy. 

Happy Easter Lori.

Warm Regards,
Paulie.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Northern Star Girl

@LoriDee    @Paulie

Yes indeed, winter is not letting go.  It has been
unseasonable colder that it should be for this time of year.

Temperature now 16 degrees(f) (-9 C) and forecast to be much colder
in the next few days:
  Sunday                  10 degrees(f) (-12 C
  Monday                  4 degrees(f)  (-16C)
  Tuesday      (minus)  -5 degrees(f) (-21 C)
  Wednesday            7 degrees(f)  (-14 C)

I am wondering...
does this mean that we will have a hotter than normal summer?

Stay warm everyone.

HUGS, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jessica_K

It has been very nice and springy here in the south of the UK, a couple of days without rain, temp yesterday was 13C not a cloud in the sky. This morning 7am there is not a sky in the cloud. Max temp is expected to be 14c rain coming in the evening then rain for the rest of the week.

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

davina61

It was wall to wall blue first thing but cloudy now although its not rained yet. 2 week long range says rain every day, I need to do some gardening----------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LoriDee

The snow continues to fall, but at 33 degrees (F) it isn't sticking. The streets are wet but no ice.
Had a great lunch and now I'm fat and lazy. Time for PJs and a nap.

Happy Easter, all.

ChrissyRyan

I just got back from a friend's house.  But I have had time to shower and get comfy in my nightgown.  I will listen to some music, read perhaps, catch a podcast, then doze off.

Chrissy
  •  

LoriDee

We now have about four inches of snow on the ground. On the bright side, it looks like Christmas outside. Spring time? April Fools!

•